(Closed) December 2012 Babies

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 272
1660 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@SFreeman2187:  Definitely stay calm, if you can! Worrying about something that’s out of your control doesn’t help anything at all (though I’m personally unable to take my own advice). How far along do you think you are? How sure are you of your dates? The fact that you saw a sac and fetal pole seems like a really good sign. I’ve heard that especially in the beginning, measurements can be off by days just due to the instrumentation.

Post # 273
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

View original reply
@SFreeman2187:  One of my babies is a few days behind the other, and my doctor said it’s OK that it is measuring smaller- when you’re talking about millimeters, it’s easy for the ultrasound tech to not get an accurate reading  You saw a fetal pole, which is great!

Post # 274
764 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Thank you all for the reassurance! If anything, I think I might be further along than the calculators say because my cycles are so short. I’m either 6 weeks or 6 weeks 2 days today. Who knows.

Assuming HCG levels check out okay, my next appointment in May 14. Doesn’t that seem SO far away?! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I should be 10 weeks then!

Post # 275
1660 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@meganmp1: Thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve been thinking about your experience a lot as I’ve been trying to calm myself down. Did your doctor ever say what they thought it could be from?

The nurse at my doctor’s office said she thought is was implantation bleeding, but I think that’s crazy because I had a positive test at 3w1d, so obviously implantation happened way before that. When I said, “Really? Implantation bleeding at 6.5 weeks?” She said, “Yeah, that’s the time the embryo is burrowing in.” I’m pretty sure she is wrong, right? I am seriously thinking about switching practices (this is the same nurse that refused to give me my beta numbers earlier and gave me a hard time about wanting to know my progesterone number (“do you even know what that number means?” in a super condescending tone!), among other things). I still haven’t met an actual OB in the practice, as the midwife I’d seen for my annual managed my miscarriage (over the phone)… so I’m trying to wait until I meet the doctors before I switch.

Post # 276
1660 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@SFreeman2187:  I may be wrong, but I remember reading that the fetal pole forms at 6 weeks and grows approximately 1mm per day. So at 6w0d – 6w2d you’d expect a fetal pole of 0mm-2mm. I wouldn’t be worried about “measuring small” at that point.

Post # 277
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

View original reply
@78h2o:  My phone app said that implantation bleeding happens around 6 weeks as well- it’s the embryo getting even more snuggly, apparently!  Granted, I don’t really trust a phone app, but if it matches what your doctor is saying, then it might have some merit.  If you are uncomfortable with your doc, SWITCH!  Sooner seems better than later, too.

Post # 278
1660 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@meganmp1:  Good to know! Maybe it’s burrowing more or something? I’ll have to do some research. It’s the nurse I’m not crazy about… I haven’t met the doctor yet. But, we’ll see… Most of the other doctors in my area deliver at the nearby hospital, which doesn’t have a NICU. This practice delivers at a hospital that is 35 min away, but it’s more popular and has a good NICU. I know I am being paranoid, but I’d feel better with a NICU nearby. So, we’ll see. My husband said this morning that he thinks maybe I should switch, so I’ll see if there are other option. Thanks again.

Post # 279
181 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

Hey ladies! Should i be worried — I’m only 4 week and have no symptoms. Today i feel a little crampy and i’ve been getting some CM which scared me everytime i feel something come out coz i keep thinking, is this AF? After a MC in Jan, i’m just soo alert. I just wanna relax and not worry. I have an appt on Thurs which i’m also scared of coz i fear any bad news!! UGHHH! I’m just a ball of nerves!!!

Post # 280
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m *cautiously* joining.

EDD: 12-24-12

How far along?: 4w 1d

How long TTC: 6 months with a MC thrown in there.

First child?: YES!

Any feeling about boy/girl: At this point, I just want a healthy baby. DH wants a boy so he can be the III.

First doctor’s appointment: Hopefully Wednesday for a BETA HCG blood draw.. Waiting on a return phone call now!

How do you feel?/Symptoms so far: sore boobs on and off, bloated. I’m almost wanting a big wave of MS to make it feel more believable!

Who have you told?: DH only. We made an agreement when we last MC’d that we would wait until 14 weeks to tell anyone including parents.

Post # 281
1660 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@MARIE901:  Yippee! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 282
1245 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@BabyLove:  Omg, I’m the same way. Right now as I type, I am having AF like cramps. it’s scaring the crap out of me because my period is technically not late *yet*. I am due Wednesday. UGH! I just need some type of confirmation (officially) beside the BFP!

View original reply
@78h2o:  I’m so happy to be here, I’m just nervous as all get out. & it doesn’t make me feel any better that my doc’s office has yet to call me back and called them at 8am this morn!

Post # 283
764 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Just about everyone on the thread had those same cramps and we all freaked out a little about them. For me, they are pretty much gone now but they were pretty rough for some time.

On another note, my doctor now has this thing where you can view your results online. I’ve analyzed my old results like crazy (just because) and just saw my HCG results came in for today… 33121. I love that the number is that high but too bad it doesn’t really mean a whole lot.

Post # 284
379 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@MARIE901:  Congratulations, and welcome!

Post # 285
1245 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@SFreeman2187:  Thank you! That is reassuring to know. I think I am just on pins and needles due to my MC. I’m trying to relax. Trying is the key word ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
@MsWasatch:  Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m happy to be here! This is the best Christmas gift ever!

Post # 286
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

EDD: 12-14-12

How far along? 5 1/2 weeks

How long TTC: 3 months

First child?: yes!

Any feeling about boy/girl: I have a feeling it’s a girl for some reason. I’m almost feeling more girly too! ie never liked pink before, and kinda do now, eating more sweets! Probably just the hormones though!

First doctor’s appointment:Went to one doctor but they seemed really old-school and unorganized, so currently looking for a new one!

How do you feel?/Symptoms so far: Breasts are a little tender, a little more tired than usual, and running to the bathroom a little more often!

Who have you told?: Everyone!

The topic ‘December 2012 Babies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors