(Closed) December 2012 Bee's are WAY too quiet!

posted 6 years ago in December 2012
Post # 3
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I agree! We need a little more action on this board.

Planning is going well for me- although I do start to feel a little bit of panic creeping in when I look at my to-do list. Things that are coming up: We have tastings, our “major planning session” at our venue, and my hair and makeup trial in less than 2 weeks (since it’s a destination wedding, we’re doing some things a little on the early side to reduce travel). The following weekend I have my bridal shower and I’m going to try on my dress! I’m also going dress shopping with my fiance’s mom and aunt next week.

@MrsWilson2012: How is your planning going?

Post # 4
9955 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Hello Ladies,

Looking forward to the posts here, and getting to know you all better.

As we are Eloping to a Destination Wedding (just the 2 of us taking our Vows overlooking the Ocean in Myrtle Beach)… planning is just beginning in earnest…

We’ve had a few set backs… but nothing I can’t deal with at this point in time.

Infact, I’d say I’ve been doing more research lately, than actual concrete plans (maybe it is the hot lazy days of summer !?)

Expect to get more ontop of this all by September.

— — —

What I have been whiling my time away doing of late is putting together our Honeymoon Hit List… that I plan to rip onto our MP3 Player.  “The List” is going to be made up of music we both enjoy… and various genres.  It’s been fun finding tunes that means things to us… whether they are classics, or just songs that remind us of our Dating Life.  By the time I’m done there should be aprox 200 songs… a mix of Rock n Roll, The Blues, “Wedding Songs”, and Tv Show Themes.

Mr TTR wasn’t so sure in the beginning about this idea… but recently he seems to be getting into it (after I played him a few tunes), so that now about once a day he will say “Hey be sure and add this one to the Hit List”.

I think it will be a hoot to have all these songs in one place, and be able to listen to them on our Mini-Moon Road Trip, and later on our Honeymoon Cruise.

— — —

Beyond the actual Wedding Ceremony…

Mini-Moon will happen over the Christmas Holidays, and a good part of that Mr TTR and I will be “winging it” as it is a road trip (so thankfully not a lot of planning to do for that)

We are having a Back Home Reception / Party in January… so am now researching venues… thankfully January is a SLOW season in the Restaurant Biz and Wedding World

Am also musing over what I want in the way of incorporating our theme into the decor etc.  Want to keep the Party fun & light, so seriously considering adding a Photo Area (kind of like a Photo Booth… but without an actual booth) and maybe having some cute favours as well… in addition to the normal stuff like our Cake and a Guest Book etc.

Our Honeymoon Getaway Cruise happens after that… and that too will need a fair bit of research in regards to things like Flights, Pre & Post Hotel Reservations, and Shore Excursions, once we getting nearer to the “Final Payment Date”

Mr TTR is helpful in the plans, but as I am the one who isn’t working full time (semi-retired) the largest workload is mine.

Thank goodness I have a Spreadsheet going… I just need to get more ontop of it so I can CHECK OFF more items sooner than later.

Post # 5
4 posts
Wannabee

Hey Ladies! I’m new here πŸ™‚ 

We decided to build a house and plan a wedding at the same time, which didn’t really work! The house is almost done, so we’ve been running around trying to plan wedding stuff now. Thankfully the wedding is in the town we live in & we got a venue months ago… but we did scramble a bit to get a caterer & officiant in the last couple weeks. 

My fiance is in charge of the cake, so the rest is up to me. 5 out of 6 bridesmaids and all of my family live out of state (and 2 of my out-of-state bridesmaids are having their weddings in the next 2 months!!!), but future in-laws are super nice and helpful and we’ve had the planning session with the venue and put down a bunch of deposits now.

Seems like things are falling into place! (I’m sure I’ll start my panic in November when I have no more weddings to be in except for mine…)

Post # 6
68 posts
Worker bee

I  am excited that in 12 days we will be entering the double digits for our wedding countdown! And planning is going great, I have been busy since day 1 and every weekend there is a new project to get started on. All that’s really left is paying all our vendors and the one thing I am dreading in this whole process, is my DIY invitations. 

Post # 7
359 posts
Helper bee

@MrsWilson2012:  Agreed! Very quiet, and there are lots of us! πŸ™‚ Planning is going well for me. I’m getting to the ‘ok I’m ready for the wedding to get here’ stage! I just can’t wait. Right now I’m working on invites, they are printed just putting them together and planning on getting them out Sept 1st. Today I picked up the ring bearer suit and flower girls dresses, sooooooooo cute! Next up will be getting the guys (who lives ALL over in various states) to get sized for suits and finalize the limo booking.

My Canadian bridal shower is Sept 2, can’t wait! I’m having a US bridal shower too, lol. I’m marrying an American, so I gotta represent both countries.

Post # 8
172 posts
Blushing bee

@cayday19:  Yay for almost double digits!

I’ve got my dress, and it’s currently being altered. I have my shoes, and the cake and flowers are done. My reception is at my parent’s house, so that’s easy. We still have to figure out catering. My bridesmaids dresses are ordered, waiting on them to come in. FH and the best man have ties, but I still have to order ties for the other 3 groomsmen and FH’s 4 little brothers. My flower girl still needs to order her dress (this is the one I’m worried about because I’m afraid the dress I want will take too long to come in!). We haven’t done engagement pictures or formal pictures yet… But my dad (a professional photographer for over 30 years) is doing the engagement pics, and we have a tentative appointment with one of his photographer buddies to do the formal shots, so I’m not super worried about that. We haven’t booked our day-of photographer yet because I’m having such a stinking hard time making a decision on that, and I haven’t even looked into videographers. I need to both order and send out invitations. I’ve decided not to get a wedding band, but I still need to pick out and order FH’s. The guys need to get fitted for tuxes, and my parents and FH’s parents need to figure out what they are wearing (they are all convinced they will lose weight and so are apparently waiting until the last minute to do this!!). I still need to make my sash. I guess I would need to pull out my checklist to figure out what is left, I know there’s plenty! I hope the December Bees do start posting some more πŸ™‚ It’s great to hear how everyone is progressing! Especially my date twins!

Post # 9
658 posts
Busy bee

@MrsWilson2012:  

Well, I am new to the weddingbee posts as I just recently got engaged. We are getting married on December 14th of this year. Yes just a few short months away. It will be just us two and were thinking the courthouse. Has anyone had any experience with these types of things? I guess you could say I am not your typial bride and we are not your typical couple. We became “engaged” while sitting on our back deck one Tuesday evening while playing skip-bo (our fave game to play together) by candlelight. We just started talking about it and he looked to me and said, “are you asking me to marry you?” It was really sweet and I started crying and he got down on his knee and asked if I wanted to be his wife. Neither of us want a wedding, just not our style. We are just more excited about being married and being husband and wife rather than “the big day”. 

Any thoughts, comments, questions, or concers from the bees?

Post # 11
269 posts
Helper bee

I’m sitting pretty so far. All I really have left is getting my dress altered (October), addressing and sending invites (September), doing a seating chart (dreading), picking out church music + putting together the program and paying vendors. I’m addressing the invites this weekend so I should be crossing that off and I’ve started the template for the program.

I’m just trying to make sure everything’s done sooner than later since I’m sure things will keep popping up!

Post # 13
128 posts
Blushing bee

@This Time Round: I love that you’re eloping on the beach! I think it sounds so romantic. Sometimes I wish that was what we had decided to do. Where are you going on your cruise?? We’re going on back-to-back Caribbean cruises (one on RC and the other on NCL) over Christmas and New Years… I can’t wait!

@packingsav: All but one of my bridesmaids are also out of state and a minimum of at least 6 hours away πŸ™ I’m jealous of the brides that get to have little wedding planning and DIY nights with their girls.

@cayday19 and @anabell465: : I’m impressed that you’ve managed to stay so on top of things! I wish I could say that my to-do list was as well-managed as both of yours. 

@canadianplum: I’m with you… I’m SO ready for the wedding to get here!

@BabyBlueEyes: It’s so awesome that your dad is professional photographer! You’re going to have amazing engagement pictures!

@turkey22: Welcome to the hive! I love your engagement story and that you’re focusing on what matters most… it’s so easy to get caught up in all of the extra “stuff”.

@MrsWilson2012: My dress is Enzoani Davenport (without the floral shrug and the hip applique). You don’t see it much around the hive. It’s simple, but dramatic at the same time. I love it πŸ™‚

Post # 14
163 posts
Blushing bee

Hello ladies!!

Hmmm not sure where start! We’re eloping on our own so I think I’ve been under the illusion that I could take my time with it! Dress is due in next month, fiancé still needs a suit, I need shoes, a cake, a honeymoon booked, a hairdresser, make up. A passport renewal. Etc etc etc. 

I think I’ve depressed myself! Ha ha. I seem to be great at compiling lists and that’s about it! My fiancé, bless him really has been a God send. Lazy bride!!! 

Post # 15
9955 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

MrsWilson2012:  asked…

@This Time Round: Your elopement sounds beautiful! We are also doing an at home reception after our Destination Wedding. Is yours going to be casual or more formal? Are you doing it at a restaurant?

We are trying to keep expenses down… so it will be in a Hall.  Mr TTR would like it to just be a Get-Together / Party… but I’ve told him I will be amping up the “Wedding” aspect (he isn’t sold on that yet… figured as an Encore Groom, he’s done that before).

However, I’m wanting to incorporate some “nice” elements to go with our theme…

So looking into doing Hand Delivered Boxed Invites (with casual RSVPs),… Nibbles, Champagne & Cake, DJ & Dancing, Photo Area, Best Wishes Box, Alternative Guest Book and Guest Favours

ladybugs: asked…

@This Time Round: I love that you’re eloping on the beach! I think it sounds so romantic. Sometimes I wish that was what we had decided to do. Where are you going on your cruise?? We’re going on back-to-back Caribbean cruises (one on RC and the other on NCL) over Christmas and New Years… I can’t wait!

We are actually doing a 2-Part Honeymoon.  A Mini-Moon right after the Wedding (making the most of our Christmas Vacation) and touring around some of our favourite Southern US Cities on a road-trip… Myrtle Beach – Savannah – St Augustine – Charleston – and back to MB.  That holiday is mostly about Mr TTR… lots of golf, food & wine… and a sprinkling of shopping & sightseeing.

Then later on a Winter Get-Away Cruise to the Southern Caribbean.  That is really the biggest portion of our Honeymoon.  We’ll be visiting 7 Destinations in 8 Days on the Celebrity Cruise, PLUS we are adding on 2 Cities on the Florida Coastline before and after.  Lol, if I’ve timed things right, it should be somewhere around -20 to -40 when I head out to soak in the southern sunshine.  The cruise should be AMAZING (we LOVE Celebrity) … and we have booked an awesome cabin, and of course we cannot get enough of the pampering that comes with a cruise holiday (is there a better way to travel?).  Great Weather – Warm Sunshine – Food – Drinks – Pampering – Sightseeing Adventures – Snorkelling / Scuba etc.  I cannot imagine a better honeymoon.

Post # 16
2105 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

lol, I had so much time at the beginning of our engagement, but I recently took on 2 new jobs and now I haven’t had much time for anything!!  That makes it a bit stressful since we’re doing a lot of DIY, but fortunately we had a fair amount of things done already.

We’re now trying to decide which caterer we want to go with and gearing up to send out our invitations at the end of the month.  I’m just trying to focus on those things for now so I don’t make myself crazy with all the other things we need to get done, lol

Good luck to all of you December brides!!!  Time is ticking away… quickly!

The topic ‘December 2012 Bee's are WAY too quiet!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors