(Closed) December 2012 Brides..

posted 6 years ago in December 2012
Post # 3
5269 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2016

Whooooo!!! I am almost ordering my dress, have half of half the deposit down!!! As soon as it huts half they order it!  I was supposed to be a March 12′ bride but we had to push it back… whats being together for a yr more and getting married then gonna hurt?! We have been waiting for this day for a looong time and I will have the perfect wedding!  FI and met in the Navy and have been together since Sept 04:) Ahhhh Im VERY excited! We were gonna do fall but its still hot here and I wasnt feeling the colors.Bringing winter to PHX is waaay better!!!

I have the venue booked,photog,MUA, DJ and officiant. venue provides flowers. I have it alll planned just need to buy things! Branches covered in snow for the ceremony(aisle decor), just decor and what not.

Post # 5
5269 posts
Bee Keeper

@MrsWilson2012: Allure 8764 in white!! this is the sample in ivory and reallllly big on me but stunning!! I got it at La Bella bridal

still trying to sell my old one DB V3204  🙁 

Post # 7
2105 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Oy, we don’t have much done compared to you guys!!  We’re flying to Vegas next weekend to check out venues (and hopefully pick one).  If we don’t book something while we’re there, I’ll probably hang myself… I’ve done sooooooooo much looking online I can’t take it anymore!  lol!  

Anyway, I ordered my dress and we booked a photographer (he books up really quick so we pulled the trigger on that sucker).  Got our stuff to do our DIY invites and Save-The-Date Cards, just can’t make them til we have a venue booked.  Bought some stuff for decor, have our cake topper, and the bridesmaids know what dresses they’re going to order. I’ve been gathering gifts for the bridesmaids as well.

I also have lots of bookmarks on pages for different entertainment and DJ options and have been in contact with a few, just don’t wanna book anymore til we have that darn venue set!!  Got a hair/makeup duo lined up and I found a promising option for our cake this morning… we’ll see on that one!!

Post # 8
5269 posts
Bee Keeper

@MrsWilson2012: thank you!!  I love it and cant wait to see it in white!

@MadameTussaud: the ONLY reason I am WAYYYY ahead bc we were suppose to marry this March:(( 2 months away so sad:( But other than that I would have waited and started from scratch if we didnt have everyone pretty much booked. I wanna switch my venue but its ok. I picked it out based on a spring wedding but it’ll be fine!

Post # 9
119 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Hey ladies!

I’m glad there’s more action on the board! I’m so excited I can now say the wedding is THIS December!

So, the things we have done are Venue booked, photog booked, DJ booked, caterers booked, dress bought, hairdresser booked, STDS printed, invites printed (will be delivered on Tuesday!), decorations started, bridal party asked, honeymoon deposit sent

Things to do soon: Cake tasting tomorrow (SO EXCITED!), engagement shoot in a month (on the anniversary of the proposal)

Phew! Planning since last February has been a big help, but it still feels like there is sooo much to be done!

Post # 10
2105 posts
Buzzing bee

@haelmai:  oooh, I can’t wait for cake tasting!!  lol!  Sounds like you have most of it done!

So I know this is pretty darn early, but do any of you ladies know when you’ll be sending out Save-The-Date Cards and invites?  I really have no idea when is appropriate (though mine is a semi-DW).

Post # 12
2105 posts
Buzzing bee

@MrsWilson2012: Thanks!!  I ordered a Mia Solano dress (M9809L).  Isn’t it weird to say we’re getting married within the year???  It all feels like it’s going by WAY faster than I expected! lol!  Although a few of you have been planning for quite awhile so maybe you’re feeling ready to get the party started, but for me, I hope this year doesn’t fly by too fast so I can get these details together!!  

Post # 13
5269 posts
Bee Keeper

@MadameTussaud: Um I would send them out by like April… I had ones from our last date, March 22 sent out by July and now have to resend them due to our date change… I want to NLT april!

Post # 15
796 posts
Busy bee

We definitely do not have as much done as you ladies! We have some things booked, but I don’t even know where to start on some of the things I’d like to DIY… I really should get going on that I suppose…. Still need to figure out the STD situation and send those out… oops. So much work to be done!

We have our:

• ceremony/reception venue booked, all the food/alcohol is done through them. 
  • We have our DJ, photographer, cake booked. 
  • Still have to figure out flowers…  
  • Linens purchased, so that’s a relief. 
  • Centerpieces are done. 
  • Purchased my dress, but still having some custom alterations done. A friend of 

Post # 16
205 posts
Helper bee

We have a lot of planning to do before December 22nd, 2012! Here’s what we’ve done so far:

• Met with our officiant
  • Booked our ceremony/reception venue (it’s the same building, which will be awesome!)
  • Chosen a florist
  • Chosen our bridal party
  • Planned our budget
  • First draft of guest list is done
  • Looked at endless photographers! This is one of the most important aspects to both of us, so we wanted to get a head start on this one early! We have one in mind that we really want and have a backup just in case. 

I’ve found that I really enjoy planning the small details, but the bigger things like a finding a wedding dress are things I’m not looking forward to!

The topic ‘December 2012 Brides..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors