(Closed) December 2012 Brides..

posted 8 years ago in December 2012
Post # 64
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Well ladies, I finally have something to add to this thread! In the last two weeks we have accomplished the following:

-Decided on the venue and paid the first deposit

-Found our wedding coordinator

-Began meeting with photographers

-Went to our first catering tasting

-Made 70 Save the Dates from scratch (taking them to the post office today)

-Finished our wedding website

-Started (and nearly finished) registering

It feels so good to finally be making some progress! I know I have a long ways to catch up with some of you more productive brides, but at least we’re headed in the right direction πŸ™‚

Post # 66
48 posts
Newbee

@MrsWilson2012:  Oh, we did DIY bookmarks. We used some quality card stock, clearence ribbon, and our really crappy printer but I think they came out pretty nice. Then I used the pages from an old book to make custom envelopes. Fiance and I are both book lovers (are apartment is covered with them!) so we listed the wedding info on one side, and then our “Top 10 Reads” on the other.  Maybe one of these days I’ll post some pics!

Post # 67
58 posts
Worker bee

Hello everyone.  It feels like the time is going so fast. I got engaged 12/8/11 (our 7th anniversary) and we are getting married on 12/8/12 which is our 8th anniversary.  We have 9 months and 1 week to finish planning.

Things we have done:

• The venue which includes food/drink/cake – They use my favorite bakery, so I was sooooo excited about that!
  • I got the dress last weekend.  I can’t believe I found the dress so easily.  It is such a relief because I was worried I wouldn’t like the way I look.
  • We are meeting with an officiant in a week, so hopefully we like him.

Things to do:

• Music – We are looking for something different than a dj.  Any suggestions?  We were thinking maybe some dueling pianos?
  • Photographer (maybe videographer) – They are so expensive in the Chicagoland area.  I am really struggling with this because it is really important to me but all the packages I’ve seen so far start at around $2,000 and quickly go up from there!
  • Flowers/Decorations
  • Invitations
  • Bridal Accessories (shoes, headpiece/veil, jewelry)
  • Groom’s outfit
  • Maid of Honor dress
  • Mothers of the bride/groom dresses
  • Wedding Rings his and hers
  • Register for gifts

I can’t wait to check some more things off my list…

Post # 69
128 posts
Blushing bee

@Someday_a_Wifey:  Yay! Another date twin! We actually have very similar colors choices too. I’m going with a wine/burgundy, grey/silver, ivory, and mauve/dusty pink… it’s hard to explain, haha. Something like this http://pinterest.com/pin/199213983486575246/  

Good luck being patient while waiting for your ring. I know it’s hard, but I’m sure it will be worth waiting for πŸ™‚

Post # 70
1728 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsWilson2012:   Yay 9 months! Yes i did notice since it was EXACLTY 9 months to the day for me.. we were so excited we released our wedding website to everyone!

to add to my list- we booked photographer ( whoo haaaa we LOVE her!) and

we picked out my wedding band!!!

this weeeknd i will be : cake testing, ordering shoes, buying my ring, and researching bridesmaids gowns then going to another bridal show πŸ™‚ so excited πŸ™‚

Post # 71
269 posts
Helper bee

So I changed my date from the 28th to the 29th. That Saturday opened up and will be much eaiser for the working guests to arrive on time.

Updated things- Photography and DJ booked! It feels great to have some things checked off. The toughest part for me has been bridesmaid dresses but I think we’ve narrowed it down to one from David’s Bridal because my girls are all over the country and they are priced well. We’re doing the same dress in six different colors.

I’m excited! πŸ™‚

Post # 73
906 posts
Busy bee

Since Fiance is unemployed right now, wedding planning is going a little slow. Whatever we have is due to it being included in venue or knowing someone who does those things.

We have our:

• ceremony/reception venue booked (they will be in the same place)
  • Food/Alcohol/Linens/Centerpeices/Cake will all be done through venue so that wont actually get picked until August, but we picked theme already
  • Have talked to our officiant already
  • Future Brother-In-Law will be our photographer & make our invitations later (hes a professional)
  • Bought my shoes

There are so many more things I need to get done, and I feel like I’m running out of time!

Post # 75
1728 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsWilson2012:  Good Morning! I am soo excited! we have about 90% of the planning DONE! 2 major items are flowers and tuxes..then all big things done! The last 3 weeks we have :bought my wedding band, picked out bridesmaids, ordered cakes, ordered my shoes, and im currently working on DIY projects for gifts πŸ™‚ 

What are you working on?

The topic ‘December 2012 Brides..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors