(Closed) December 2012 Brides Plans

posted 9 years ago in December 2012
Post # 17
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Loving this!

Name: haelmai

Wedding Date: December 29, 2012 (Saturday)

Engagment Date and Location/Engagement Length: February 11, 2011 at the Cedar Door (1 year 10 month engagement); I was totally not expecting it, and didn’t actually believe him at first! He still says I said no. 😀

Colors: Navy blue, red, light purple

Theme: No real theme, hedgehogs and rustic-ness if I had to choose

Wedding Party (#’s): 2 MOHs, 1 Bridesmaid or Best Man, 1 Groomswoman (no children in bridal party or invited)

Ceremony (Where and Time): Texas Old Town, Kyle, TX 2pm

Reception Location: Same as ceremony

Dress Style: Lace A-line with sleeves; champagne and ivory

Hair/Makeup: Curly up-do (I loved Mrs. Turkey’s hair!). Make up will be natural.

Honeymoon Location: United Kingdom, July 2013

Flowers: Alstromeria, Roses, purple and red coloured mix of flowers in centerpieces

First Dance Song: Your Song by Elton John

Food/Menu/Drink(Open Bar or not): Barbecue buffet (including ribs, smoked turkey, macaroni and cheese, and potato salad); hot chocolate and coffee bar; no alcohol

DJ/Band/IPOD (Company): Mr. Thrill will be our DJ

Cake Flavor(s)/Style: Bride’s cake will be a Madagascar vanilla cake with white chocolate filling – square cake with buttercream frosting with navy ribbon and little red flowers; Groom’s cake will be a cinnamon churro cake with cinnamon cream cheese filling – Superman logo cake

Favors: Photo Booth (with little bookmark holders for the guests photos to be slipped into)

Bachlorette/Bridal Shower: Potential Bridal Shower on November 6; hoping to do a Christmas Pop Music sing-a-long for my Bachlorette party some time in December!

Post # 18
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Name: Nora

Wedding Date: December 15, 2012 (Saturday)

Engagment Date and Location/Engagement Length: March 17, 2012 In a hotel in NJ near my aunt’s house. He woke me up at 7am to propose! Just over 9 month engagement

Colors: Jade and Chocolate

Theme: Peacocks

Wedding Party (#’s): 1 Maid of Honor and 1 bridesmaid, 1 Best Man and one groomsman. If my 11 year old cousin is up for it, he’s going to be our “ring bear”

Ceremony (Where and Time): Holiday Inn in Albany, 4PM

Reception Location: Same as reception 

Dress Style: David’s Bridal  in Jade  (http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-A-Line-with-Split-Front-and-Color-Inset-9YP3066_Bridal-Gowns-Features-All-Gowns)

Hair/Makeup: Complections Salon and Spa, style to be decided in 2 weeks

Honeymoon Location: Cruise to the Bahamas!

Flowers: Mostly hydrangeas and roses, all artificial flowers

First Dance Song: “Endless Love” sung by Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross

Food/Menu/Drink(Open Bar or not): Plated dinner: Prime Rib and a Chicken dish TBD. Cocktail hour with passed apps and displayed cheese and fruit. 1 hour open bar, after that, nothing

DJ/Band/IPOD (Company): DJ, courtesy of my Future Mother in Law

Cake Flavor(s)/Style: Not a clue yet. We have our tasting next week, and we can decide then.

Favors: Coasters that were hand made by my wonderful Maid/Matron of Honor as well as soap that matches our colors with glitter in it. 

Bachlorette/Bridal Shower: No idea about bachlorette. Don’t know if it’s even happening. Shower is 11/10, somewhere in the OC, NY area. That’s all I know.

The topic ‘December 2012 Brides Plans’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors