(Closed) December 2012 Brides- Weight Loss?

posted 7 years ago in December 2012
Post # 3
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

congrats!i started mine about 2 weeks ago..

Ive gained about 25 over the last 2  years and i want that GONE!!

my weight fluxes but ive lost about 5 pounds..however ive had 2 diff people mention this week i look skinnier! My boss said its noticable.. so i think it may be toning much faster the losing..which is fine for me!

I have been changing my eatting and doing zumba for the Wii…so far so good!

Post # 4
902 posts
Busy bee

I too am thinking about rejoining Weight Watchers.  I have been 230-240 for about 5 years now and due to medical reasons now I really want to lose the weight.

At the same time, I ordered my dress 2 weeks ago and I am so afraid that if I lose 50lbs (my goal before wedding) by the time I start alterations will I have to order a new dress? Will it be in on time?

So I am abit worried about that, but like my fiance said I could always pick a different dress that fits me at that time, but honestly doesnt make me feel better haha

but I do need to lose the weight but I need to get out of this lazy state of mind I have been in.  I need someone pushing me through my “dont want” days and keep me on track.

So if anyone wants to be weight lost buddies please let me know!  I sure could use the help

Post # 5
1729 posts
Bumble bee

@PoeticDoveInLA:  I think the comments this week have set me off faster so i def understand the need to movitate.

what i also did was print this out and post it on my mirror

and then i printed this out and followed it- its SOO easy and a great motivator!!!

Post # 6
139 posts
Blushing bee

Hi  I’m traying lose 25-30 lb for my wedding too , today is my first day eating healty , but I can’t exersice bc I have sprained ankle ๐Ÿ™ , as soon I felt better I’m going to hit the gym at least 1 1/2 hours six times per week (I hope so) lol

Post # 7
1729 posts
Bumble bee

@anali:  hope youa ankle feels better soon! 

Also, one other trick i learned, do squats everytime you go to the bathroom!!! start at 5, then do 10 then on up each week or 2 weeks.

This just gives you a lil more umphhh in the rear end area and it takes off of 10 seconds! Trust me, i do this and I have my bridesmaids doing it- they love it…

Post # 8
2822 posts
Sugar bee

@BrookieCookie9:  Yup! I started using My Fitness Pal and working out 3 times per week in October 2011 and as of today I’ve lost 32 pounds! I’m happy where I am right now, so I am trying to maintain. I still log all my food religiously in My Fitness Pal and I’ve continued to work out. I may aim for another 5-10 pound weight loss though! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
139 posts
Blushing bee

Shalynmarie: that’s exelent idea! I will do it!! thanks for share it 

Post # 10
906 posts
Busy bee

I would like to lose about 35-40 pounds for the wedding, Ive been using myfitnesspal to enter calories (been doing in for 20 days now) and tomorrow will be a week of walking at least 30 minutes each day, sometimes even twice a day depending on how I feel. I’ve only skipped one day, and that was yesterday, but I plan to walk at least 5x a week. So far I’ve lost 2 pounds I think. Slow, but its coming off!

@shalynnmarie:  I am going to save this, looks easy to do! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
5423 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

Keep it up girls!!

I had a workout I started back in Jan that i was doing 5x a week and I lost about 4 lbs but in feb I found out I was loosing my job in march and lost motivation.  I start a new job in 2 weeks!  welcome back motivation.

Post # 12
1212 posts
Bumble bee

I went to the gym today to enquire about joining and I got a few trial day vouchers to use before I sign up, but I thought it was great so after Easter I’m joining the gym! Only downside is I have to cancel weight watchers because I can’t afford both, but I know how to eat healthy, it’s the exercise I need help with. I’m going to lose 10kg (22lbs) before the wedding.

Post # 13
79 posts
Worker bee

I started my weight loss journey back in October 2011 for my December 2012 wedding.  I thought the weight would come off quick through healthy eating and exercise, but it has not.  I started at 169lbs and wanted to get down to 130lbs.  Today I am 161.5lbs but I’ve lost 2 inches around my waist, three inches from my thighs, and another 2 inches from my arms.  I’ve also lost 3% body fat at the last check in 3 months ago, so hopefully it is down from there.  I have been working with a personal trainer who has taught me how to lift weights and run properly.  Yesterday I was able to bench press and pull down 50lbs 150 times.  I also ran my first 5K without stopping and will compete in many more 5K this summer, including the Rugged Maniac in September.  Although I have lost much weight I am so proud of my progress.  My goal is to no longer get down to 130lbs.  My goal is to keep losing body fat, tone up and feel proud of myself even if I’ll never get past 150lbs. Wink

I hope everyone keeps up the good work!  And if you really want to track your progress remember to measure your inches not your pounds.

Post # 14
3305 posts
Sugar bee

I started my weight loss for my dress in February, about 10 weeks ago. So far I have lost almost 13 pounds. I want to lose a total of 30 pounds. I should hit that by August.

Post # 15
1212 posts
Bumble bee

Good news girls! I’ve lost about 2.8kg (6lbs) since I joined the gym 3 weeks ago! ๐Ÿ™‚ only 7.2kg (16lbs) to go!

The topic ‘December 2012 Brides- Weight Loss?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors