(Closed) December 2012 Brides

posted 8 years ago in December 2012
Post # 3
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

The Fiance and I talked about December 2012 today and I’m slowly falling in love with the date. He is incredibly practical and wants to be sure we are fiscally responsible with the wedding.  We are hoping to buy a house at the end of this summer (Aug. 2011) and don’t want to two events to happen anywhere near each other.  

I’m totally in the same place all I want to do is plan stuff, but the more I read this is the time of year to great great deals on a lot of wedding elements (dress, center piece items) and I am so not ready to buy yet.  So I’m strategizing my planning.  I’m going to learn the most I can about weddings now and building my inspiration boards.  Then when I’m fully knowledgable I’ll start selecting things and making appointments.

I’m liking that I have plenty of time to research all my options and make the best decision, not to mention I’m super picky and will probably need these years to strong arm him on some topics. 

Post # 4
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2017 - Haiti, Hawaii or San Diego, CA

We thought about holding off until 2012 too.  But since we’re buying a house, I want us to be married shortly after we move into the house.  This could change.  Finishing law school has me in the mood to just finish everything in 2011, including my wedding. 

Post # 5
3305 posts
Sugar bee

I am happy with the engagement lenght- we need to save money and a wedding in December of 2012 is PERFECT timing. I also don’t want to stress myself out.

Post # 6
119 posts
Blushing bee

Well, we decided to wait until after my graduation (with my master’s), but I didn’t want to wait too long, so we decided on December 29, 2012. (I’m expecting my graduation to be December 8th or 15th, 2012). I’m so excited, but like you guys, I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself!

So glad to have found others in the same boat with the long wait!

Post # 7
659 posts
Busy bee

I’m hoping to be a December 2012 bride, just waiting on bf to hopefully propose before then. If that happens we’d be getting married on our fifth anniversary. I really hope it happens.

Post # 9
Hostess
3769 posts
Honey bee

We’re on a long-term engagement (3+ years). But we’re getting married in Sept. 2012 (I think) ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
45 posts
Newbee

We’re getting married December 15, 2012… we’ll have been engaged 18 months by then, which seems like forever right now. BUT I’m in my 3rd year of medical school (which is, by far, the most time-consuming) and my fiance is working 60+ hours a week (he’s an engineer and lives a couple of hours away) on top of finishing up his MBA at night.  We just simply did not have time to plan a wedding for this year.  But I LOVE having a long time to get the wedding planned exactly as I want it.  I’m a huge DIYer, so I need all the time I can get to finish my endless list of projects! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
128 posts
Blushing bee

@Stephanie18x: We’re date twins! Also a long engagement (12/31/10) and finishing up a DVM/PhD program while my fiance attends law school thousands of miles away. So, I completely know where you’re coming from. I’m also one of the most indecisive people I know, so I need the extra time to change my mind about every decision a million times ๐Ÿ™‚  We’re getting married in Georgia. Luckily our venue has pretty inclusive package deals, so we already have a lot of the big things (ceremony and reception sites, band, photographer) out of the way. Plenty of time to focus on the details and DIY projects ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 12
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@ladybugs: date triplets in fact lol. i got engaged in aug 09, 

had previously set the date for 25th june this year but some traumatic events meant it wasn’t to be, i am enjoying the long engagement and the relaxed approach to wedding planning, everything i have looked at is avaliable as it 15 months away and I get to save up a little longer .

Post # 13
1542 posts
Bumble bee

I wanted a Dec 2013 wedding, I’m obsessed about getting married on our anniversary (we’ve been together 7 years and changing anniversays now will be confusing) and 2013 it’s a saturday, however Fiance deided it was too far away and we decided on a friday 2012 wedding!

But yes, I’m eager to start the REAL planning, other than the venue we can’t book music or photographers yet.

Post # 14
269 posts
Helper bee

I graduate December of 2012 and one of my best friends is studying abroad Jan 13′-May13′ so that left us with Summer 13′ or December 12′. He doesn’t want to have a two year engagement since he’s about seven years older than me and is really ready to get married. We decided on 12/28/12 and we’re getting married at the country club that we met working at. I’m not thrilled about a winter wedding because I always pictured an outdoor garden ceremony however I’ve been adjusting to the idea and it’s only about a week from our current annivesary.

Post # 15
79 posts
Worker bee

We’re getting married December 17, 2012 in Disney World!  And yes, I am aware that the 17th is a Monday.  The whole family is taking vacation to attend our wedding and join us for a week at Disney, sometimes I think they are more excited than we are! 

Post # 16
3618 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@sizzi09: hello date twin, but not year twin =) I am so jealous of your Disney World wedding!! Please post some photos! We almost booked Disneyland out here in CA, but that’s not nearly as cool as Disney World!

The topic ‘December 2012 Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors