(Closed) December 2013 Babies: Part 4: WOAAAH WERE HALF WAY THERE!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 122
2183 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011 - Florida Aquarium

At 29 weeks, I’m getting super nervous about the whole having a baby thing. She’s pretty easy while inside of my stomach (though I really wish she’d stop returning her womb service!), and adjusting to her being in the outside world feels like it’s going to be scary. I keep trying to remind myself that it’ll be harder on her than me, but it’s still challenging. 

We also recently found out that we have to move. That’s stress that I really didn’t need. It was countered by an awesome raise for me, but still… finding a place and moving in during my third trimester is a really daunting task. 

This made me laugh, though– my best friend, who lived many states away, is hosting my shower. We picked a date, and I sent her addresses… and she’s been avoiding me since. She often gets busy, so I wasn’t too shocked. But, yesterday, my husband’s grandmother calls to tell us that her daughter recieved the invite, but she didn’t, so she wanted us to verify the details. I told her I didn’t know there were invites and I have no idea were or what time it’s being held. it was a funny conversation. Now I’m wondering if it’s supposed to be a surprise, or she just wants me to butt out of the planning (I’m pretty much a control freak). I’m guessing it’s the latter. 

I hope everyone is having a great transition to the third trimester! 

Post # 123
340 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
@Mrs. Gremmlin:  That’s very odd to me for a shower invite to go out without you knowing about it or even receiving one yourself. I have a shower coming up and I know all about it but the invite design itself is a surprise as well as the theme. And I will be thinking of you during your move. I can’t imagine that but I’m sure you can do it! And hey a raise is always nice ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 124
2183 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@SouthernSunshine:  Thanks! I thought it was super odd, too, and I’m planning to call her tonight and see what’s going on. I’m kind of wondering if his grandma was just confused because it would have been a really quick turnaround for her get invites out. Thankfully, my husband has taken over the moving stuff, and I think we may just move across the street (literally- we can just carry most of the stuff over). But it still sucks!

And good luck with your early labor attempts. I’ve heard good things about castor oil and chiropractors, but both need doctor’s supervision. I’m due on the first, and I’m just really hoping she’s born in December. 

Post # 125
340 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Gremmlin:  Thanks! I seemed to stir up a good debate about it but oh well. I really do hope he comes early but I’m leaning towards not doing the induction just for the simple fact I don’t want to go and get put on pitocin, then the baby stress and end up needing a c-section. I want to labor on my own if I can.

Post # 126
2183 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@SouthernSunshine:  Everyone has their opinions ๐Ÿ™‚ I agree… the idea of pitocin scares me a bit because of the high c-section rate. I really want to go au naturale, so we’ll see. My doctor is willing to let me go 12 days past my due date because it’s important to me not to be induced. But everyone has the right to decide on her own.  

Post # 128
340 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@gpsp2B:  That’s exactly what I have written down to discuss with him next time. I want to avoid the pitocin starting it but I’m comfortable going to it after I’m progressing. I would prefer a membrane strip or Cervidil to try and jump start it then let my body take over. Honestly I also don’t want to go the c-section route either because like you FB ladies know, my insurance doesn’t cover any of my pregnancy or labor so we’re paying for it all out of pocket, which we’re perfectly capable of doing but I called the hospital the other day to get our prices for delivery. $2,500 for a normal 2 day delivery and $3,900 for a three day c-section. So I’d also prefer going natural for the fact that we’re saving some money

Post # 130
1248 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - Chateau Briand

I have my glucose test today and am not thrilled about it. No reason in particular, just dreading the drink & needle. 

This is has me thinking though, there are plenty of things I haven’t considered to date, such as birthing plan, pediatricians, etc. Anyone else slacking with these? Should I be nervous? 

Post # 131
2183 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@mixtaperomance:  Good luck with your glucose test! I didn’t think it was bad at all. I’m due at the very beginning of the month, and I’m totally slacking. I’ve just now come to the realization that I’m pretty much the size of a whale. I have ideas for my birth plan, but nothing is written– I’ve talked to my doctors about everything I want, though. I know I need to find a pediatrician, but uh… that whole interviewing process kind of weirds me out, so I’ve been stalling. I’m guessing there’s still plenty of time for you! I’ll figure out everything in October. I feel like as long as it’s all sorted by November, I’ll be fine. And we’re moving at the end of October, too… lots going on! 

Post # 132
1248 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - Chateau Briand

@Mrs. GremmlinI know I’m a natural worrier so I drive myself crazy with these things in advanced -__- I’m due the end of December so I know I still have some time, I’m just wondering what else I should be doing. 

I definitely feel your pain on the move, DH and I are finally moving out of my dad’s house into an apartment next weekend and though I’m super excited, I am dreading moving and all the work that accompanies it! I’m scared of straining my self too much but luckily my family is nearby and willing to help with the move so that’s a plus ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 134
2183 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@gpsp2B:  Oh no! I’m sure the GD counselor will be able to help. With just 40 days, hopefully you can make it work. Good luck!

View original reply
@mixtaperomance:  I’ve started reading books about sleep, and I signed up for a breastfeeding workshop. It still amazes me that the two most basic things we do (sleep and eat) need to be taught. I’m also working on paintings for the nursery. And we’ve done tons of daycare visits. It’s all overwhelming, so I’m trying to prioritize and spread everything out. 

Congrats on the move! It’s great you’ve got help, too. There’s always so much to do.  We are hiring someone to do the “move out clean” since I can’t do it. Luckily, we’re moving literally around the corner, so it’ll be an easy move. My brother and cousin will be around to help with the big stuff. I’ll be 35 weeks, so I’m quite certain I’ll be of no help… but I’m sure I’ll be barking orders hshs! 

Post # 135
1666 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
@gpsp2B:  WE miss you! I’m sorry about yoru GD test! I hope you come back soon!

Post # 136
1666 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

For anyone not in the group, this is our packing list!

Hospital list

Extras:

Wash nursing tops in baby friendly detergent

Download white noise app

Put towels in car

What I used in my hospital bag:

Slippers

Fuzzy socks

Night gown (or pj set)

Yoga pants

Loose tee shirts

Toothbrush/toothpaste

Face wash

Makeup

Hair ties

Headband for labor

Sponge

Travel shampoo & soap

Brush

Magazines

Snacks for after labor

Hospital will provide pads

Nursing bras

Comfortable underwear

(Make sure they aren’t tight)

Pillow and blanket for the hospital stay

Boppy pillow for nursing

Nursing cover( if you aren’t comfortable)

Phone charger

Chapstick!!!!!

Hand sanitizer for people touching baby

Baby’s bag:

Going home outfit

Long sleeved clothing

Your own diapers!!! Size newborn in case they only give 1’s

Tons of socks

Hats

Swaddling blankets

Car seat

Burp cloths

Travel size wipes

Baby book( if you want them to put his footprints in)

Notebook to track feedings and diapers

Pacifier (don’t let them tell you he can’t have it if youre nursing..I used one)

Scratch mittens

Other:

Belly binder

Nipple cream

Nipple pad

Cash

Camera

Depends

Laptop and charger

Squirting portable fan

Tennis ball for back labor

Being your own towel (hospitals are small)

The topic ‘December 2013 Babies: Part 4: WOAAAH WERE HALF WAY THERE!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors