(Closed) December 2013 Babies: Part 5….It's The Final Count Down!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 17
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

It’s the final countdownnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

How many days until due date:

Do you have an induction planned:

We’ll see after my check-up today. If his growth has picked up again and they’re not concerned about my placenta then I’ll definitely be putting it off until 10 days after EDD, but whatever is best for baby Hunter.

How are you on weight gain:

Only gained 5kg! Supposed to have gained 10kg!

I’m most looking forward to: 

The look on my fiance’s face when he touches our baby for the very first time. Getting teary just thinking about it!

Hardest part of this stage of pregnancy: 

HEARTBURN AND INDIGESTION! You have enough hair already Hunter. You can stop growing it now.

Any signs of labor:

Strong BH but other than that, not as of yet.

What are you doing to prepare for labor (primrose oil, exercise ball, stretches…):

Exercise ball, will start eating fresh pineapple after our antenatal classes.

What is left on your to do list:

Put the car seat in and bags in the car.

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): 

Hunter John Colston 

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL…):

Andy will be working harvest so we’ll barely see him unless it rains which will be hard. Thankfully my parents live only about 2km away so we’ll get our alone time but help won’t be far away if needed.

Going to see my GP today for my antenatal check up to see if Hunter’s growth has picked up again (fingers crossed) and discuss wether or not my calcifying placenta will have any implications and if I’ll need to be induced a little early. Hoping to avoid induction though!

Post # 18
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

How many days until due date:  52 days!!!

Do you have an induction planned:  No we don’t but I am going in every week doing an ultrasound so they can monitor baby Aces size and my  fluid levels so if things need to be sped up we will schedule one. 

How are you on weight gain:  I am up 30lbs total.  My weight gain hit  a wall but I’m sure that’ll change soon!!

I’m most looking forward to:  meeting our little guy!  Finally holding him and playing with him.  I seriously can’t wait.  I’m not going to lie too… I am really excited to just not be pregnant anymore! 

Hardest part of this stage of pregnancy:  the anticipation and the wait!  Being so close but so far!

Any signs of labor:  none at all!! 

What are you doing to prepare for labor (primrose oil, exercise ball, stretches…):  nothing yet.  Ill probably start some preparations after thanksgiving since I’m not due until Christmas. 

What is left on your to do list:  wash all of baby’s clothes, pack our bags, make freezer meals, finishing touches on nursery, get through the holidays!  

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!):   Our some will be the fifth in line…. But we are nick naming him Ace which is the nickname my DH’s grandfather went by.  

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL…):  DH will be home for a couple of weeks.  Also my SILs will all be in town for the holidays (not staying with us though thankfully!)

Post # 19
489 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

How many days until due date: 28 days!

Do you have an induction planned: Nope, but I’m offered one at 41 weeks and I’ll probably take it, but I don’t think it will come to that.

How are you on weight gain:  I’ve gained about 20 pounds and it’s almost all belly!

I’m most looking forward to: Seeing DH with the baby. He really wanted a girl, and although he’s come around, I think when he sees the baby it will just be that much more awesome!

Hardest part of this stage of pregnancy: Being on my feet 8 hours! I have BH pretty much every day. And not sleeping isn’t helping.

Any signs of labor: Well, I’ve lost my mucus plug and I’m dilated to about .5 centimeters. I have a lot of cramping and BH so, here’s hoping to going into labor without an induction!

What are you doing to prepare for labor (primrose oil, exercise ball, stretches…): I plan to use EPO, the yoga ball, and lots of sex. DH and I have not been having a problem having sex throughout pregnancy and my MW says she can really tell it’s helped (cervix is nice and soft!)

What is left on your to do list: Finishing the nursery! I also still haven’t picked a pediatrician! Eeeep!

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Sterling Parker πŸ™‚

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL…): My mom and little brother will be at our home the first week, after that we will be with my Mother-In-Law and FIL’s house through the holidays so we will not be alone at all in December!

Post # 20
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Guys!! We’re so close, I can’t believe it!! I hope everyone is hanging in there. I have LOVED the facebook group since joining last week. I wish I had done it sooner! πŸ˜›

51 days…! 

No and I hope I don’t need one.

22lbs at 32 weeks and I just started to exercise a lot so hopefully it leverages out.

Moving into our new place. I have 2 more weeks until our move in date and I am dreading every moment up to it but, it will be more than worth it to finally be out of my DH’s grandma’s house and finally getting started on our little guy’s nursery. But, OF COURSE I am looking forward to finally having our little one in our arms! I can’t believe I’m going to be a mom πŸ™‚

I have SPD and moving around is a pain in my ass, and my hips, and my freaking pelvis… haha

Any signs of labor:
Not a one!

What are you doing to prepare for labor (primrose oil, exercise ball, stretches…):
I’ve been sitting on the exercise ball and doing my kegels! Haha

Ugh, seriously what isn’t on my to-do list? I still need to set up little one’s nursery, install carseat, find a peditrician, register at the hospital… do I need to continue? Haha

Yes, we are keeping it secret for now πŸ™‚

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL…):
DH will be taking some time off work and I’m sure we will get help from my parents and in-laws whenever we ask.

Post # 21
2183 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011 - Florida Aquarium

A whopping 27 days… oh dear! 

Nope. I have faith she’ll be here before that’s necessary.  

Eh, ya know… it happens. I’m at about 26 pounds, but it’s ALL in my belly. The most common comment I get from strangers is “But you can’t even tell from the back!” haha 

An easy birth of our healthy baby. Coming home and just having me and my husband, our fur babies, and our baby.  

My back is killing me. I’m taking prilosec for my heartburn and feel 1000% better. 

Any signs of labor:

She is engaged, which is pretty awesome. My next doctor’s appointment is tomorrow, so we’ll see if I dialated at it.  

I’ve been taking prenatal yoga since 16 weeks. I love it. It combines yoga with child birth education. Other than that, just getting as much rest as possible. If she’s not born by her due date, then we’ll start the other stuff.  

Holy cow… so much. We’ve almost cleared out her room from the move… almost. The goal is to pick up the crib and changing table this weekend, so we’re on a tight timeline. Then decorating. We still need a whole lot of stuff, too. I’m calling today for breast pump. We need to interview the pediatrician I’m pretty sure we’re choosing… yeah, the doctors are starting to get on me about that one! It’ll all come together, so I’m not incredibly worried. 

Nope. We haven’t really discussed since my 20 week scan. We call her TBD.  

My husband will be home for the first three weeks or so. We don’t have really family who can and who we trust to help out, so… it’s just us. My brother and sister-in-law will do all they can, but with two kids of their own, I know that’s limited. 

I can’t believe it’s almost over… and we’ll become a family of three so soon. It’s really quite an indescribeable feeling. 

Post # 22
973 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

37 until Actual DD  (12.12)

C-section planned for 12.6

Doc says I’m perfect on weight gain! I had lost close to 20lbs in the first trimester, I might have gained that back? Maybe

seeing my DD with her baby sister for the first time

Exhaustion constantly!

Any signs of labor:

Had contractions this past weekend when I was in L&D for a kidney stone – contractions were stopped

What are you doing to prepare for labor (primrose oil, exercise ball,  stretches…):

Nothing  planned csection

get and keep the house clean

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share,  if you’re willing!): 

Her name will be Thayer James

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital  (DH, Mom, MIL…):

DH says he’s gona help but this is his first BABY (we got together when DD was 15mo)

DD says she’s helping too- she’s 5! LoL

But My mom & dad will be a great help! My dad is on disability so will be there everyday if needed once DH goes back to work!

Post # 23
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

View original reply
@emersynsmommy35:  That’s so great that she wants to get involved πŸ™‚ Sounds like she is going to be a fantastic big sister! 

Post # 24
2183 posts
Buzzing bee

I am proud to report that I’ve ordered my breast pump (I could only order it one month out); picked a pediatrician, and put baby on a daycare waiting list. Now I don’t feel so bad. 

Though, at the prenatal consult with the pediatrician, she asked if my bag was packed. Come on… give a lady a break! It’s on the list… 

Post # 25
973 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@Mollie-Rose:  oh girl… she is all over it! She has her own “big sister” diaper bag that she LOVES. It has 2 diapers, some boogie wipes, lotion, a tiny doll, a book, adn some toys in it so if we “go out” she can keep her sister entertained!  

She helped us wash & hang up all her clothes Sunday (Before I went into the hospital for contractions and kidney stones! πŸ™ )    She is all about her sister and I think I’m more excited to see her with her than I am anything in the world!

Post # 26
1248 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - Chateau Briand

Anyone else feel like the time is just dragging? I really just want baby girl to be here (not too early, just a little). My due date feels so far away πŸ™ 

Post # 27
1670 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
@mixtaperomance:  IT IS dragging sooooo much. I swewar everyday ticks by and I don’t get any closer to a baby.

Post # 28
Bee
1466 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Father\'s Vineyard Church/ A Touch of Class Banquet Center

I am both kind of wishing that he decides to make his appearance at like 37-38 weeks, but also terrified that he will make that wish come true, lol. I can’t believe how this time flew! It feels like yesterday that I saw the second line on the test and now I am like a month away or less from meeting this tiny human that has been growing inside of me! Crazy!

Post # 29
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

agreed!  I keep thinking i’m ready for pregnancy to be over and meet this little guy, but then i freak out a little that i’ll actually have a baby!!

anyone start internal checks yet?  as of last week i was 75% and 1cm.  I have another check today, so we’ll see if there’s any progress!

Post # 30
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2010

View original reply
@BlueEyes222:  As of Monday (at 35W6D) I was 2.5 cm 75% effaced. It’s hard not to get super excited and want everything to happen right now! Still, I really am perfectly happy to bake the baby until she’s ready, I just can’t wait to meet her =)

Post # 31
2183 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@BlueEyes222:  I get to have my third internal today. She’s making progress, for sure! 

I’m 37 weeks, and my husband is going away for the weekend. Not happy about it, but I’m hoping to go past my due date. I have a feeling, though, she’ll be a Thanksgiving baby. If we can get in to week 39, I’ll be happy. 

I feel like time is flying/has flown. She could literally come any day she chooses. That’s both scary and exciting.  We’re almost “all ready,” but there’s still a ton to do. I go from feeling overwhelmed to feeling serene. I do wish my husband would talk names with me… He changed the subject. I’m fairly certain it’s because he agrees with the name I name I call her, but he doesn’t want to commit. We’ll see! 

The topic ‘December 2013 Babies: Part 5….It's The Final Count Down!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors