(Closed) December 2013 Babies: Part 5….It's The Final Count Down!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 32
1248 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - Chateau Briand

@Mrs. Doilydefinitely in the same boat, ready to meet her but also nervous/excited about all the changes about to take place. I’m also deathly afraid of labor (both vaginal and c-section so I’m feeling there is no lesser of two evils) 

@BlueEyes222I think my internal checks start in two weeks. At that time I’ll be 35 weeks πŸ™‚ 

Post # 33
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

just wanted to pop in with my update: as of yesterday, i was 3cm, 75%, and the head is “nice and low”.  And i was negative for GBS!

I can’t wait til all of us december mamas start having these babies! πŸ™‚

Post # 35
1248 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@SouthernSunshine:  ahhhhh so exciting! Laughing  i was wondering when some of these december babies were gonna start showing up!

I’m happy to say DH and I finally picked a pediatrician. It was “look at first sight” Wink  lol we were so impressed with the facility and everything they have to offer, etc. so excited. it’s gettign closer day by day

Post # 36
1178 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Hi ladies. I’m the first of the “December” mamas! My little boy arrived on 11-12-13 via C Section at 11:22 pm. We went in for induction on 11-10 and started the process at about 10pm.

My 34 week preemie was a whoping 6 lbs 11 oz ! and 20in long! a little string bean! He’s doing wonderful, though still in the NICU. I’m thankful that we are in a boarding room and able to stay at the hospital with him until he is discharged. He is only here learning to breastfeed. He has a feeding tube going to his nose, and were working on BFing every other feeding time. (his schedule is every 3 hours). He just needs to keep growing and developing! I imagine we have another 1-2 week stay depending how quickly he catches on. At least a week!

This hospital is fabulous with the things they do for NICU families. It’s been a tough road. I’ll post as I can, but my time is precious!!

Post # 37
2183 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011 - Florida Aquarium

View original reply
@gpsp2B:  Congratulations! It sounds like all is going well, and that’s fantastic! Good luck with breastfeeding– I hear it is likely to be a little challenging for us all. DOn’t give up!

I’m due 12/1, and last Thursday my doctor said she’d be surprised if I was still pregnant by Thanksgiving. Thus far, Baby is staying put, though. I have contractions, but not regular enough to do anything. My doctor’s office scheduled my induction for earlier than I asked… so I asked them to reschedule. They schedule an induction for every birth and just cancel if it’s not needed, but the call that it was scheduled made me nervous. If she hasn’t exited by Wednesday (my next appointment), I’ll ask my OB about evening primrose oil to help with dialation– I’m 3 centimeters now, but I’ll take all the natural help I can! 

Any other early December moms prepared for their LO’s arrival? 

Post # 38
223 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@gpsp2B:  Congrats!  post a picture when you can πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Mrs. Gremmlin:  Hang in there lady, I’m in the same boat.  When do they have your induction scheduled?  I was having pretty regular contractions last week, but then of course they stopped.  But at last check I was 4cm, 90%… it’s been a week since then, and i really thought i would have had him by now!  Another check tomorrow, where i’m sure we’ll discuss induction options.  I’m ready, and pretty sure it would be successful at this point, but i also don’t want to force him out if he’s happy in there!

Post # 39
2183 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@BlueEyes222:  It’s so frustrating, right?! You’re so close. Seriously, he should be ready πŸ™‚ My OB thought it would be this past weekend… nope! I’m scheduled for December 11. Have you figured your Bishop Score? If you google it, you’ll find it’s a way to measure your chance for a successful (vaginal delivery) induction. I’m already at 10 points (and I’m guessing you’re much further along), so it is likely to be successful. My goal, though, is to go intervention free. I’m thinking about asking for a membrane sweep this week (yes, it is an intervention, but my body can still do what it wants). I want her to hang out as long as she needs, but I really want to avoid induction! 

Post # 41
223 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Gremmlin:  yeah, i was looking into the bishop’s score, but the dr hasn’t told me the cervix position or the station besides “he’s nice and low”… so i’m not sure how to score that.  I guess i’m at least a 7 based on dilation/effacement, but possibly more.  If you’re a 10 already, it seems like it’s only a matter of time! πŸ™‚ I hope we can get these babes to come soon, and avoid inductions!  My doctor mentioned that at this point, some of the doctors in the practice would bring you for the induction (if you choose) and just break your water and give it some time to allow contractions to start from there, thus avoiding pitocin, etc.  I do like that option if it comes to inducing!

View original reply
@SouthernSunshine:  i can’t wait to hear some birth stories and see pictures!  πŸ™‚

Post # 42
1248 posts
Bumble bee

Ahhhh ladies tomorrow is officially December! πŸ™‚

Wonder how many babies we’ll have by the end of the week! I feel like it’s been forever and its finally happening! Can’t wait to see the updates coming in!

Post # 43
2183 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@mixtaperomance:  My due date is tomorrow, and DH and I are just staring at my stomach, waiting for her to decide it’s time. She has the hiccups right now, so I’m enjoying these things while I can. We’re ready when she is….

Post # 44
1248 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Gremmlin:  ahhhhh so exciting! Hoping you have a quick & easy (is that even possible?!?!) delivery!!!! 

Our due date isn’t until the end of the month but our doctor said if she’s not out by 6 days afterwards he’ll induce. I realllllly hope it doesn’t come to that, I’m super anxious to meet baby girl πŸ™‚

Post # 45
2183 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@mixtaperomance:  thanks! I’m trying to go all natural… We’ll see how that goes. 

I bargained with my doctor. She said she’d induce me on the 7th, but I asked for the 11th and she said ok. I hope you get to enjoy the holidays!

Post # 46
223 posts
Helper bee

hope everyone had a great thanksgiving weekend! 

since i’m now “overdue”, i had my first BPP this morning with ultrasound to check on baby.  they said things look good, but the fluid level is low, so they’re recommending inducing tomorrow.  So now i’m kind of anxious/nervious, but also super excited that i’m going to get to meet him soon!  ahh!  i’m not sure when i’ll get to update, but i hope everyone else gets to meet their babes soon too!  πŸ™‚

The topic ‘December 2013 Babies: Part 5….It's The Final Count Down!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors