(Closed) December 2013 Babies: Part 5….It's The Final Count Down!!!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 62
1248 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - Chateau Briand

@Mrs. Gremmlin:  omg, she is just precious! I LOVE the last pic, perfect πŸ™‚

So quick update: I had my 40 week appointment today and baby is measuring approx 9 pounds; after going over a few different options with my doctor, we have decided the best option is to schedule a c section for this friday. I cannot wait, in just a few short days I will be meeting my baby girl πŸ™‚

Post # 63
100 posts
Blushing bee

Sorry it took so long to get back on, but here’s my birth story:

I worked the Tuesday until midnight. I got home and had a small snack and was in bed by 1:30am or so. Around 3am I woke up and my husband was just getting into bed. I felt some cramping (which seemed to be normal for me at this point) and decided to get up. Once I stood up I felt some discharge and I quickly got out of bed and to the bathroom just in time as my water was breaking. 

I told my husband “we’re not going to make it to our appointment in the morning…”

“Why?”

“I’m pretty sure my water just broke.”

So at this point my husband gets his bag packed (I had just packed mine the night before) and we headed to the hospital. I hadn’t really had any contractions in the 45 minutes it took us to leave the house, but when I got in the car I was feeling very mild ones. They were about 4-5 minutes apart. When we checked into the hospital it was about 4:15am, and I was only 1cm dilated but my contractions were coming in at 2-3 minutes apart. They tried to slow down my contractions because of the fact that I was very little dilated. They couldn’t so they sent me upstairs to my labor/delivery room. 

By 6am I was upstairs and was still only about 2cms dilated. They had to start pitocin to try to get things moving faster and I basically just sat around in bed for hours hoping for some progress. They didn’t want to check me very much because of my water breaking so early. They didn’t want to risk infection. My contractions started getting worse by early afternoon. By 3pm I couldn’t take it anymore and got an epidural.

That was fabulous!! Didn’t feel a thing. Unfortunately, I couldn’t sleep. Between visits from a couple family members and just getting checked on often, it just didn’t happen for me. The night dragged on and on and on. Around 12am I was about 8cm, it was almost time!! Unfortunately they were having issues with my epi pump and it wasn’t giving me any extra boosts I needed. So they had it fixed but they gave me a double dose of the meds when they did… which delayed pushing.

The nurse was a bit concerned because my contractions were very irratic. I would have back to back to back contractions about 2-3 minutes apart, but then I was going about 7 minutes without a contraction. Though there was concern, I was still progressing so they went with it. I was 10cm around 2am, but because of the epi boost, I couldn’t feel pressure to push. So they told me to not push the button anymore and had me wait a little bit before I started pushing so that I could feel the pressure to push. I started pushing around 4am.

I still didn’t feel too much but just enough to push. I even pushed when I thought I felt something but really didn’t have a contraction. They were pretty impressed with me and how well I was pushing with the way it was progressing. So about an hour and a half later my little man Xaiden came into the world! We had our skin to skin time. Unfortunately I didn’t get a full hour because he was breathing pretty rapidly so they wanted to take him to get checked out just to be safe.

After spending a few hours in transition observation, he was brought into my post partum room. We started breast feeding then as well. He latched good, but I was having trouble with all the pain in my nipples. But we made it through!

Here is a couple more pictures of my little guy. The middle picture was actually taking yesterday. The other two when he was 2 days old πŸ™‚ Sorry, it uploaded funky πŸ™‚

Post # 64
4435 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@Mydreymz:  Oh he is way too cute- congrats!!

Post # 65
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

@Mrs. Gremmlin:  She looks like a ginger like her Daddy! You can only see it in certain lights but my little Hunter is a bit of a ginger as well and I LOVE it!

For some reason I can’t upload new photos at the moment πŸ™ But hopefully I’ll have his professional photos back soon so I can upload them instead πŸ™‚

The topic ‘December 2013 Babies: Part 5….It's The Final Count Down!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors