(Closed) December 2013 Babies!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 182
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@lalalalauren:  good to see you here! 🙂  i am not planning on telling anyone till after the first tri, except my parents who i will tell next time i see them (in a few weeks)

Post # 183
2208 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@esqbee:  yeah i want to wait til 12 weeks but not sure how im going to swing it. Im going to my best friends bachelorette party in miami on April 25, I know my friends will all notice when Im not drinking. I dont know if I should lie and try to make up an excuse why Im not drinking or tell them the truth. I will be 5.5 weeks then…

we wanted to tell our parents on mothers day which will be after my first appt on may 8. I have to tell my parents before I tell my friends, such a predicament!

Post # 184
456 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@lalalalauren:  i am in the exact same predicament! I have bachelorette parties the last weekend of april and the first weekend of may, and there will be most of the same people at both so it is really hard to fake an excuse for both a week apart! Since i havent even found an ob yet, im sure i wont have had an appt yet, and im really not comfortable sharing the news until i have heard the heartbeat. Plus im seeing my parents in between the two parties and want to be able to tell them first, ugh!  I wish i could get an appt earlier to at least hear a heartbeat so it’s a little less likely ill have a mc, you know? Im trying not to stress about that until i get there and see where im at…

Post # 185
2208 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@esqbee:  Ahhh! What to do! Im leaning toward telling our parents early and then telling my bffs right before the trip. I know they will be super suspicious and call me out if I lie anyway so I feel like its better to tell them the truth. It was really hard not to call them the minute after my BFP as it was!

Post # 186
456 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@lalalalauren:  yea i dont see any way around telling them both…even though i’d prefer not to.  Hopefully everything works out fine and i dont have to tell and then “untell” them later on!  I’m definitely going to wait until that night to say something though. I want to do it in person.

Post # 187
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

View original reply
@lalalalauren:  Tell them you’re on antibiotics for an ear infection. You’re not supposed to drink with antibiotics. That’s what I’m planning on telling my cousin this weekend because she’s bound to shove like 5 drinks in my face all at once.

View original reply
@esqbee:  Congrats on the BFP!!!! I know what you mean by it not feeling real yet. Right now I just feel fat, tired, and nauseous despite the 5 positives at different times on different days. I get my blood results back tomorrow after a week long wait so hopefully everything will be in good condition and it may start to feel real then. (I’m 6w4d today)

Post # 188
2208 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Mollie-Rose:  i was thinking of using that excuse but i dont think my bff whos bachelorette party it is will buy it. Last time i said i wasnt drinking because i honestly just didnt feel well she automatically asked omg are you pregnant?! I am not a good liar so it would be really really hard to keep it up.

Post # 189
Bee
1466 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Father\'s Vineyard Church/ A Touch of Class Banquet Center

This bloat/gas is killing me. I am thankful for the fact that my boobs are not sore yet. I did start to get a little nauseous the last few days, which I am praying is not a preclude to MS. We shall see in the next few days! I did start to stock up on Maxi dresses for the summer! Ha, out bloat that skirt stomach!

Post # 190
604 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@lalalalauren:  Yeah I don’t thing Sarah will buy it either, but it’s worth a try? lol… Otherwise I was going to tell her I was drinking vodka and rasberry and just have lemonade and rasberry instead only she’s the type to sip on my drinks, or she’d probably sniff it. 

Post # 191
604 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Doily:  How far along are you again? MS hit me HARD at 6w1d. I will NEVER eat banana again after having to spew at work! I felt so classy.

Post # 192
2208 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Doily:  i feel you! I am SOO bloated its terrible. My boobs arent sore either but i have been having really bad cramps on and off going from dull to deep pain, they suck! Ive heard this is the uterus stretching?

View original reply
@Mollie-Rose:  same!! My friend would totally be like ohh let me try it! And sip from my drink without permission. Im thinking i will tell her only and hope she can help keep my cover from everyone else.

Post # 193
604 posts
Busy bee

Can I just say crappy processed pre-packed “pizza” is the best idea I’ve had since getting pregnant?

Post # 194
Bee
1466 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Father\'s Vineyard Church/ A Touch of Class Banquet Center

View original reply
@Mollie-Rose:  4 wks 2 days.. Im hoping the heartburn is what is causing the nausea and not impending MS. I really don’t want work knowing until I come back in the fall.

View original reply
@lalalalauren:  I have had dull cramps all week. My doc said that as long as they are not only on one side (sign of ectopic) or accompanied by bleeding, you are fine. I notice my gas makes them worse.

Post # 195
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Hi Ladies,

I filled this out then WB ate it so here we go again! I’ve been away for work for a week so haven’t been able to keep up but congrats to all the new December Mummas!

When did you get your pos/what cycle day were you on?: March 28th, CD 31

How many DPO were you before you saw that second line?: 11 DPO on a FRER

Estimated Due Date?: December 8th, 2013

How will you (or how have you) told your friends and family: I’ve told mum and dad because DH and I are living with them while our house is being built and it was just too hard to hide with all the food rules. We’ll tell our friends after 12 weeks when we see them in person and DH’s family are coming to visit for his birthday when I’ll be 11 weeks so we’ll tell them then.

What are you looking forward to most? Hearing the HB and the first kicks 🙂 And the obvious, having a beautiful healthy baby!

What are you most nervous about? The first 12 weeks, telling my boss, waking up one morning and not fitting into any of my clothes…labour!!

What symptoms have you been feeling (if any)?: I’m soooo tired, and way more bloated and gassy then usual. I also feel like my breasts are huge and they’re really tender…oh and I pee alot!!

Is this your first baby? If not how many siblings does your peanut have?: Our first, we are super excited but also really cautious.

Anything you’ve given up so far?: I’ve switched to decaf and given up alcohol and soft cheeses (my 2 favourite things!!), I’ve also stopped eating lunch meats and can’t for the life of me think of anything sensible to take to work for lunch. I’ve never been a huge carb eater so taking sandwiches is a foreign concept and doesn’t sit well with the bloating either.

Post # 196
456 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Mollie-Rose:  thanks!! Hope your bloodwork comes back great!!  Im going in this morning for blood work.  So far my only symptoms are a little bit of watery mouth, which makes me a little nauseous if i dont eat, and sooo sore boobs (they are growing fast!) Im terrified about getting ms, it scares me more than labor at this point! I dont handle puking well at all…

Haha and im a wine drinker, a bit hard to fake that!!

The topic ‘December 2013 Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors