(Closed) December 2013 Babies!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 272
83 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@MrsHoneyC:  Let us know how your first appointment went! My first u/s was at 4w6d (exactly 2 weeks ago) and all that could be seen at the time was the gestational sac. 

View original reply
@esqbee: Thank you. You’re right. That’s what mine seem to be doing.. They tend to ease up at night and go right back to being tender during the day. I talked to the dr. today and she confirmed this was normal πŸ™‚ 

View original reply
@lalalalauren:  I really hope you like your doctor. I’m so lucky to love mine. She’s the sweetest. On the way there, she happened to be on the same elevator as us and as soon as the other people left, she told us how excited she is for us. She was visibly giddy it made my Fiance laugh. She knows we’d been trying for almost a year and even gave me a prescription for Clomid but she predicted I wasn’t going to need it and she was right! 

View original reply
@Mollie-Rose:  I really am trying but it’s almost like I can’t get a break.. I stop worrying about something and then something else comes up *sigh* [DETAILS BELOW]

Update on my 2nd appointment and u/s:

We finally got to see our baby’s heartbeat! I was a little bit disappointed because the machine they used didn’t give us an option to listen to it or tell us how fast it was. But still, the doctor said it was very rapid and “couldn’t be any better” :). We also got to bring a picture home so that was great.

After that, we had to meet her in the office.. She started the convo saying everything seems to be progressing pretty good but that my Vitamin D levels are low.. She gave me a prescription for it.. I’m now on Metformin, Progesterone, and Vitamin D.. I’ve always had low Vitamin D though so that wasn’t too surprising..

Next, she said the results of the genetic testing we had done came back and that I’m a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis.. Fiance had to get blood drawn today so they could check if he is.. If he is, then there’ll be a 25% chance our baby will have CF. I would have to get an amnio or CVS to find out (a procedure I wasn’t planning on).. We’ll find out the results in a week or so..

I feel like my appointment was so bittersweet. It was so great to see the heartbeat and for her to put my mind at ease about my intermittent symptoms but then now this.. I have something new to be worried about. 

With my first child, I was 20, with no insurance, and didn’t even have my first appointment ’til I was 18weeks along. I had so much less stress! I’m glad I’m in a much better place now but it’s almost like the more I’m informed, the more stressed I get..

Okay, that makes me feel better now that I’ve gotten it out. I hope the rest of the bees had much better appointments today πŸ™‚

Post # 273
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@mysticgrace:  I’m sorry your appointment was so bittersweet. I suggest you try and hang on to the positives and try not to worry until you have good reason too – there’s alot of ifs and buts in there πŸ™‚ I know that’s easier said then done but really stressing is no good for you or your LO and won’t change the outcome. I hope you find out soon, and that the news is good, and you’ll have nothing left to worry about πŸ™‚

You’re so right, the age of technology we’re in wreaks havoc with our minds. Between u/s technology and the internet, us pregnant ladies have access to wayyy more information than we probably need. It’s great at times, but at other times, not so much.

If it helps, my breasts felt a little less tender this morning and I was worried too. I’m 6 weeks 5 days today. I ended up prodding them to see if they were tender so much that they actually did end up quite sore! LOL – the things we do to ourselves πŸ™‚

My first scan is at 8 weeks 1 day – I really can’t wait, I’m really looking forward to some reassurance that there is a baby in there, and it’s happy and healthy. We’ve agreed to tell DH’s parents and my sister after that…so lots to look forward to – if we get good news!

Post # 274
1571 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Mrs. Doily:  I have a thoroughly unimpressive ultrasound picture, haha. It’s a blob!

Post # 275
2201 posts
Buzzing bee

Well I had my first appointment it was….. Uninspiring. 

Got there and they wanted me to do a urine pregnancy test,

a) I had been drinking a bunch of water this morning

b) I did not hold my pee at all… How was I supposed to know?

She walked into the room and said well it looks like a BFN. I brought along my pregnancy tests I took at home, plus my chart showing my implantion dip & positive pregnancy tests / elevated temps. Pretty sure ushers thought I was …. An eager beaver! ( Found out at 8DPO, currently 11 DPO) Talked a bit about some stuff, she told me that she was pretty sure I was KU & gave me a requisition for blood work. Told to come back between 8-10 week mark…. No mention of booking an U/S appointment… she talked a lot about early miscarriages. i got the impression she didn’t think it was … I don’t know… ?? i thought most people got an ultra sound earlier, i just don’t know if she thinks its viable?? She’s not my regular dr. Shes back on the 1st of may. Hopefully I will have a better appointment then. 

So I will go do my blood test tomorrow & now I am all paranoid so I will probably do a HPT in the morning…. Make sure my bub is growing. 

I will say. She said my tests are really dark for only 8 DPO and because DH is a twin she said if I get bad morning sickness there might be reason to believe there could be twins.

…. Yup just not the appointment I thought it would be….

Post # 276
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Brand new TTC board graduate here!! Gah I’m so excited!

When did you get your pos/what cycle day were you  on?:  April 16th/ CD 28

How many DPO were you before you saw that second line?: 10/11DPO

Estimated Due Date?: December 25th, 2013 (I think)

How will you (or how have you) told your friends and  family: We haven’t told anyone yet, we’re waiting until at least after the MD confirms. I would LOVE ideas for a fun reveal to do for the families!  I woke up DH with a whisper. Even though I showed him 3 positive tests, he didn’t believe me until the next morning when I bought a digital one that read “Pregnant”. 6am I have a flashlight and a pee stick in his face going “You believe me now??”  πŸ˜€

What are you looking forward to most? hearing a heartbeat and finding out the gender!

What are you most nervous about? Telling my boss (my coworker is 6ish weeks pregnant ahead of me, and she was the planned person to fill in for me during my maternity leave) and  the actual labor

What symptoms have you been feeling (if any)?: my boobs have been hurting like whoa.

Is this your first baby? If not how many siblings  does your peanut have?: Our first baby and s/he will be the first grandchild on both sides of the family

Anything you’ve given up so far?:I’m trying to be more aware of my Coke intake. I don’t drink coffee, but Cracka Cola Classic is my big weakness.

Post # 277
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

View original reply
@MrsHoneyC:  I had to request my 8 week scan. They typically only give you that here if you’re high risk or unsure of your LMP but it’s a reasonable request to ask for one. Really I just won’t stop stressing until I see baby’s heart beating, and that was his grounds for referring me. Before that I only had a referral for a 12+week scan. I couldn’t wait that long!

View original reply
@BRbee: Welcome to the board =)

Post # 278
2201 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Mollie-Rose:  yeah I hope I get an early scan too! I just want to make sure it’s all going well.

Post # 279
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Our visit went very well!! We were able to see the little bean and see the heartbeat flickering. We got some great US pics. You can see the yolk sac, cord and the bean….pretty cool. Everything looks great. she even took my O date into account and put my EDD for 12/3. Our plan was to tell DHs parents last night via FaceTime, but their Internet was down……so hopefully tonight few can spill the beans.

Post # 280
340 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Long time lurker coming out of hiding 

When did you get your pos/what cycle day were you  on?:  April 17th

How many DPO were you before you saw that second line?: 12 DPO

Estimated Due Date?: December 26th, 2013 (according to the new app)

How will you (or how have you) told your friends and  family:  I’ve only told my mom but only because she lives out of town and I’m helping her work this weekend. We haven’t told anyone else yet, we’re waiting until at least after the Dr confirms on Thursday. 

What are you looking forward to most? hearing a heartbeat, seeing it on the sonogram and finding out the gender!

What are you most nervous about? Telling my dad since we aren’t married yet. But at least he knows it was happening this year so now it’s just a few months early.

What symptoms have you been feeling (if any)?: my boobs have been sore, a little nausea here and there, slight heartburn, extremely hot, like I need a fan all the time. 

Is this your first baby? If not how many siblings  does your peanut have?: Our first baby and s/he will be the first grandchild on both sides of the family and all our siblings first niece/nephew.

Anything you’ve given up so far?: My morning Coke.

Post # 281
2208 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@BRbee:  yay!!!!! Due date twin! Congrats lady!! πŸ™‚

Post # 282
100 posts
Blushing bee

Congrats to those who had good check ups! And loving the sonogram pictures! I can’t wait to have my first one.

I have been having issues here lately with trying to get a medical confirmation of pregnancy. Since I’m only working part time I don’t qualify for insurance yet. I am probably a couple months away from it so I’m trying to get Medicaid until then. Everywhere I call to be able to get my confirmation never answers their phone or returns messages. I went somewhere my county directed me to go to this morning and the place was empty (uhhh).

I have until Wednesday to get that done, but would’ve been nice to take care of that today.

Today I am 6w3d

When did you get your pos/what cycle day were you  on?:  Got my positive result April 15th.

How many DPO were you before you saw that second line?:  Not sure, had an irregular cycle for the last few months before we got pregnant so I wasn’t tracking

Estimated Due Date?: From my own calculation (between my last period and the two consecutive days it could’ve happened…) December 10th

How will you (or how have you) told your friends and  family:  We have already told our family. I know it’s bad luck to before the 12th week but we were both so excited about it even though this is our little “oopsie” baby.

What are you looking forward to most? First ultrasound, finding out the sex

What are you most nervous about? Miscarriage of course. and hoping to have a healthy pregnancy without many complications or set backs

What symptoms have you been feeling (if any)?: Tender breasts, extreme fatigue, nausea, food adversions. And today.. moodiness

Is this your first baby? If not how many siblings  does your peanut have?: Yes, this is my first! 

Anything you’ve given up so far?: Sandwhiches and hotdogs. I don’t drink caffiene and I don’t smoke, etc. I know I’m going to have to give up some of the bad foods I eat, but thankfully with the food adverisons I’ve already cut most of it out. 

Post # 283
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

View original reply
@Mydreymz:  is there a planned parenthood near you? They might be able to help get you medically confirmed. You may have already tried that though.

Post # 284
100 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@august05:  I haven’t done planned parenthood yet. I was going to try to get in to the places that do it for free first, then I’ll head to planned parenthood. It’s just frustrating to never speak to a human being. I never received a call back either from the place I called today. Ugh.

Post # 285
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

View original reply
@LMD84:  Not unimpressive at all! You’re growing a whole nother person, that’s no small feat!

View original reply
@august05:  So jealous! Can’t wait till I get my first baby photos next week.

Post # 286
Bee
1466 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Father\'s Vineyard Church/ A Touch of Class Banquet Center

View original reply
@LMD84:  It’s a very cute blob!!! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘December 2013 Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors