(Closed) December 2013 Babies!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 287
2183 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011 - Florida Aquarium

We heard the heart beat!!

I had my second appointment this afternoon, after an emergency appointment two weeks ago. Today, we heard the heartbeat. Our blueberry is growing. Now, we have a 95 percent opportunity to have a normal, successful pregnancy. So exciting!!!!!! My OB gave me the okay to tell my dad when I visit him next week. Shit just got real. Wow. In the first week of December, we’re going to be parents. I don’t even know how to process that. I’m currently thanking scientists for Zofran– without it, I couldn’t live right now. Okay… here’s our blueberry… not much to look at, but it has a heart!!!

Post # 289
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@lalalalauren:  Woohoo! ANY clue how you want to reveal it to family?? I really want to do something adorable alluding to a Christmas baby, but I’m completely stuck and my husband is no help.

I did bloodwork today for HCG and progesterone levels, and I’ll go back on Monday so we can compare the results and make sure my HCG is increasing as it should. The nurse said that we could do an ultrasound when my HCG level hit 3000.

Post # 291
2208 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@BRbee:  We haven’t told anyone yet but are planning on telling our parents on Mother’s Day which is the weekend after my first appointment. We bought my mom and Mother-In-Law cards that say I love you so much grandma it would take a minute an hour a day or a month (then I added in or even 9months!) to tell you how much I love you! Then signed it our names and baby (our last name). I’m so excited to give them the cards! my sister and SIL are both currently PG so I am going to buy them a onsie from etsy that says I’m going to be a big cousin and it has a screen print of 2 little giraffes. Then to tell the rest of the family we are getting save the dates for baby. It will be Christmas themed and say Something like “our Christmas gift is expected to arrive just in time this year…” Then have a pic of us holding little shoes or a pic of an ultrasound with my due date. we haven’t decided yet. I really wanted to do something with Christmas though!

Post # 292
1178 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Hello December BABIES 2013!!

I am cautiously also joining this board. I am 6 weeks as of today. I took a test Thursday morning that came out positive and scheduled a dr appt that morning, got another positive with the blood tests. They had me come back 48 hours later, this morning, to check my levels again which had doubled just like they anticipate with a progressing pregnancy. Based on my LMP starting March 9th I am due around December 14th, yay for a christmas baby!! 

I have to admit my Fiance and I were not TTC so this is an unplanned blessing! We are just recently engaged last month, and are nervous and excited! Just ready for the first ultrasound for everything to really sink in. I have some problems going on with liver stones right now but managed to talk to a RN at the clinic this morning who assured me I was not in any immediate danger, but to consult with my GI dr on monday at my appt with him.

First Ultrasound will be in about two weeks at 8 weeks! I’m very nervous to see my little blob. Everything will definitely feel more real after that apointment, my Fiance is anxious for it also. Just hoping for a healthy pregnancy and want the first trimester to be over so we can tell people and get a peace of mind that the miscarriage chances have dropped. I will see an RN at about 9 weeks for educational info on a healthy pregnancy. And at 12 weeks I’ll get to meet with a Dr.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU OTHER december 2013 babies!! Happy to have some support system during the early times!!

Post # 293
2208 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Gremmlin:  yay! I love seeing ultrasound pics! It proves what the symtpoms tell us!

View original reply
@august05:  so glad your appt. went well! Love the ultrasound pic!

View original reply
@gpsp2B:  Welcome and Congrats! Im jealous you’ve already seen your dr! I dont get a Confirmation of pregnancy appt, my first one will be when im almost 8 weeks. Im hoping i get a good ultrasound photo to share! 

Post # 294
1178 posts
Bumble bee

@lalalalauren Well technically I haven’t seen my doctor… I have just had two lab tests I have not seen the Dr. I met with a RN today just because I had some concerns with my liver problems and my future because I have a catheter in my liver to my small intestine right now.. it was to help with bile flow and my liver stones. And she gave me more info on what my appts would be like in the next few weeks. I wont see a doctor until 12 weeks so beggining of June! but i can’t believe they wont give you a blood test to confirm pregnancy yet! I’m sorry!

Post # 295
2208 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@gpsp2B:  im sorry you are dealing with other medical issues, but glad things are going well for you so far. Yay for the RN giving you some peace of mind! Prayers with you and baby so that you may have a healthy and successful pregnancy! 

Post # 296
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I’m so thrilled to be joining all of you December mommas! I got my very BFP this morning! Woohoo! :DD

Post # 297
2208 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@idaho1745:  yay!! Congrats and welcome mama!

Post # 298
100 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@idaho1745:  

View original reply
@gpsp2B:  

Welcome both and congrats!!

So my fiance and I are trying to decide if we choose a doctor or go with a midwife. I do not want to do an “all natural” birth. I want to be in a hospital and get an epidural when needed. Anyone know if midwives are accepting to this? Or do most of them just involved with all natural/home/birthing center only births?

Post # 299
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@lalalalauren:  Aww that’s precious!! The new grandparents are going to love the cards. ๐Ÿ™‚ We’ve bounced some different ideas around, but haven’t fully settled on anything yet. My DH is very set on waiting until the end of the first trimester before telling family, in case something goes wrong. We’ll have to make up some occasion to get our families together (we live in a different town than both sets of parents, and they live in different parts of the state from each other and us) that’s not too suspcious.

I do want to allude to our Christmas gift for them this year which will be the baby!

December seems like a very good month to have a baby! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 300
1178 posts
Bumble bee

When did you get your BFP/what cycle day were you  on?: was not TTC so unsure but BFP was on 4/18

How many DPO were you before you saw that second line?: again not TTC so unsure but was 7 days late on period; had recently had some procedures done for my bile duct stones and knew stress could cause a late period and had experienced it before, but after a weird dream I took a test in the morning to ease my mind and welp, BFP

Estimated Due Date?: December 14th, 2013 based on LMP

When is your first appointment? first U/S will be in two weeks first DR. appt will be end of May.

How will you (or how have you) told your friends and  family: we told Fiance mom just over the phone; telling my parents just kind of normal in person. My Fiance and I are 21 and 24 so we will be young parents, and our parents are also young. so it will take some time for them to warm up. They will be the only knows to know before 12 weeks because of the liver problems I’m having and my mom has been very involved in my DR apts for it.

What are you looking forward to most? getting into 2nd trimester past the M/C milestone; hearing the HB; and first U/S to really let everything feel more real; also to find out the gender!

What are you most nervous about? getting past the M/C  milestone; my liver problems and being healthy enough to support my little bun.

What symptoms have you been feeling (if  any)?: bloating, little bit of sore boobs, very light cramping, little bit of upset tummy

Is this your first baby? If not how many siblings does your peanut have?: first!

Anything you’ve given up so far?: well my 21st birthday is in July so I am giving up that experience, lol , otherwise just trying to avoid too many carbs because I am more plus sized and want to avoid gestational diabetes.

Post # 301
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

View original reply
@Mydreymz:  my midwives work in a hospital and do pretty much anything but c-sections. you can do all natural, epidural, etc. I think it depends on the state laws. Just ask, I’m sure they can give you lots of info. A lot of times they will have a website for the practican’t hat can explain their mission statement, practices, etc.

The topic ‘December 2013 Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors