(Closed) December 2013 Babies!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 302
Bee
1466 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Father\'s Vineyard Church/ A Touch of Class Banquet Center

So we had a scare last night and went to the ER. My normal cramps changed and became kind of intense and rhythmic so I called my nurse on call and she told me to get to the ER. We did an ultrasound, some bloodwork, and a pelvis exam. My cervix is still nice and closed, my HCG level came back really high (almost 30,000 for only a little over 5 weeks, and we got to see our little sack…it’s still too early to see anything in it. I was actually measuring ahead of what we thought, which now means my new EDD is 12/19/13 instead of 12/21/13. The cramps are just some more expanding of the uterus and because there was really no spotting and no bleeding, there isn’t really anything to worry about, that it was just cramping. Now I can’t wait until 9 weeks to see my little nugget and hopefully actually get to hear it’s little heartbeat!

Post # 303
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

View original reply
@Mrs. Doily:  I’m glad everything is okay!!!!!

Post # 305
489 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Congrats everyone that saw the heartbeat! I saw mine 2 days ago, it was so cool. I also totally caved and bought a fetal doppler. Anyone else planning on gettting one???

Post # 306
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
@Mydreymz:  

Thank you! I’ve looked into this exact same thing. From what I’ve read online, most midwives work at hospitals under dr supervision. So,you can get an epidural if you want. Good luck!

Post # 307
213 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Mrs.Maeby:  

I’m definately thinking about getting one! How much was yours and where did you get it? Thanks 🙂

Post # 308
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

View original reply
@harperlynn:  Not yet. I’m trying to hold in there until they arrive. This is the worst part about living in rural Australia – everything takes AT LEAST a week to get here! 

View original reply
@gpsp2B:  Welcome to the club =) I’m still on here cautiously. If it’s your first time, I think it’s just normal to worry about something going wrong. I’ll let you know if that worry eases up after an u/s!

Post # 309
1178 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
@Mollie-Rose:  yes i suppose it is normal for a first pregnancy! Even though we’re younger and nervous we are still getting very excited! Especially for the first u/s to confirm everything. Is your first U/S soon?!

Post # 310
604 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@gpsp2B:  Congrats and welcome to the board!

View original reply
@Mrs. Doily:  I had those cramps too! They were terrifying! But my GP had told me not to worry unless I started spotting or bleeding with the cramps. Apparently it’s pretty normal for first time Mums because their uterus hasn’t stretched before.

Post # 311
604 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@gpsp2B:  First ultrasound is on Friday… which I believe is American Thursday. Not long to go now! =)

Post # 312
213 posts
Helper bee

How many dr apts have you had/expect to have the first trimester? First ultrasound? I know a gal who just had a lab visit to confirm and then first prenatal at 10 weeks. That seems odd to me?

Post # 313
2208 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@Mrs. Doily:  

View original reply
@Mollie-Rose:  i too have had some seriously painful cramps. Like had to excuse myself twice from a work meeting bc i couldnt keep a straight face! They have subsided a bit but still get some every now and then. gas, bloat, and constipation have now taken over 🙁

Post # 315
1178 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Mollie-Rose:  ohh yay that’s very exciting! i qualify to have my first on this friday, the scheduler is calling me TMRW but I think im gonna push off to the next week cause i’ll only be 7 weeks this coming friday and i rather wait the extra week and have a chance at catching a heart beat. I’ve heard that you can’t always see/hear it at that time and since i have some extra love in my belly area, I figured might as well wait the week! But I had my blood tested twice already and levels rose perfect!

@idaho1745 : I called and told them I wanted a blood test because I had a positive pee test, they didn’t question it at all. They got me in that day, this past thursday the 18th. and then i got the results that day they said i was def pregnant and they need to check my levels again in 48 hours so sat morning i was back. The levels had doubled which they said was perfect. I have my first U/S at 7-8 weeks which from what i’ve read from other bees is normal, its the first real proof that the pregnancy is viable and healthy. Then at 9 weeks I meet with my DR’s RN to discuss healthy pregnancy tips and such, and they do a glucose challenge already to test for gestational diabetes. At 12 weeks I see the DR for the first time. From what I’ve read thats typical but I was not anticipating getting pregnant so I havent done as much research as other ladies. It seems you only are seen early on if there’s reason to believe your high risk.

Post # 316
1178 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@lalalalauren:  I have been experiencing extreme bloating and mild cramping… I get the cramping many times throughout the day but its very mild and short bursts. Is this your first pregnancy? I’ve read it may be common to have more cramping during your first pregnancy because your uterus has never stretched!

The topic ‘December 2013 Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors