(Closed) December 2013 Babies!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 377
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m really behind everyone so here’s my attempt to catch up with you all. There’s alot of us now, it’s so exciting πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Mrs. Gremmlin:  I’m so jealous of you and everyone else who has had their first u/s. It must be such a relief! Did they tell you the estimated age at the appointment or did you have to call in later for the results? I think we do things differently in Australia. My GP said once I go for the scan I’ll need to call back to get the report. Hopefully they’ll atleast tell me if there’s a heartbeat though – otherwise I’m risking bladder explosion for nothing πŸ™‚

View original reply
@gpsp2B: 
View original reply
@idaho1745:  Congrats and welcome December mummy’s πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Mollie-Rose:  I hear you! I live in rural NSW too :

View original reply
@MrsHoneyC:  I am wishing the days fly by for you – I can’t wait until you get to tell your DH and give us a full report πŸ™‚

View original reply
@harperlynn:  OMG I can’t even begin to explain to you how huge my boobs feel. They’re so firm too, and when I woke up this morning my nipples were HUGE, it was horrifying lol. I feel like it will definitely be a give away long before my bump is visible.

Oh and for those of you who don’t like the smell of bio oil…a friend of mine told me pure neroli oil is amazing for stretch marks and allegedly smells better…I haven’t tried it myself as yet but thought I’d share the info for those with sensitive noses (and stomachs!)

View original reply
@almajele:  So good to see you here, and another Aussie too! I really hope everything works out for you this time. I LOVE the calculator…I’m a bit Type A myself πŸ™‚

View original reply
@kamielynn:  I love your announcemt, that’s so cute!

View original reply
@SouthernSunshine:  Yes! Within about a week of me getting my BFP I managed to completely forget an interstate trip for work and booked a bunch of clashing meetings…I felt so stupid when I figured it out! I’m relying heavily on lists and my diary to keep myself in order…and after about 3.00 pm, I’m a complete moron. I am that lady at the supermarket staring blankly at the shelves!

View original reply
@sn2bmrsmntgmry:  I know it’s such a tough secret to keep πŸ™‚ DH and I have told my parents and two of our friends who came to spend the weekend. They don’t come very often and we wanted to tell them in person so we told them and asked them to keep our secret for us. We will tell the rest of our immediate family after the 8 week dating scan and everyone else we’ll tell after 12 weeks.

View original reply
@ExcitedScaredBee:  LOL, excellent advice πŸ™‚ I hadn’t thought that through AT ALL!

View original reply
@gpsp2B:  Good Luck with everything today – I hope it gives you some peace of mind.

View original reply
@BRbee:  That is really exciting! I hope the day flies for you so you can find out your results nice and soon πŸ™‚

This time next week I’ll have had my 1st u/s and almost have my results back…I can’t wait!!

Post # 378
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

View original reply
@harperlynn:  Andy keeps referring to Baby as “He” and my Dad keeps saying “My grandson!” so it seems like the boys all think it’s a boy and the girls all think it’s a girl. I’m hoping for a girl because the only name we can agree on is Alice.
Did your sea bands hurt? Mine have left little bruises.

View original reply
@almajele:  Well an informal welcome to you anyway =)

View original reply
@twistxofxfate:  Congrats and welcome! Same u/s date as me =D not long to wait now!

View original reply
@lalalalauren:  It doesn’t work for too long. I’ve officially been busted by just about everyone and of course it didn’t help that I had to spill the beans at work to avoid going in to a room which was under infection control.

View original reply
@kamielynn:  That’s adorable! 

View original reply
@SouthernSunshine:  YES! I! AM! I am constantly running round in circles forgetting things and tripping over myself lately.

Post # 379
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

View original reply
@ExcitedScaredBee:  My ultrasound at 8 weeks is going to be stomach, at least that’s what the sonographer told me when I booked. They’re only going transvaginal if they can’t see anything via external ultrasound. 

Post # 380
2201 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@AnnieGrace:  that’s sweet of you to think of me. Xox I will! 

Post # 381
2208 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@gpsp2B:  omg i am obsessed with baby names. We have a definite girl and boy name picked out already, yes we are crazy but i have always loved thinking about names. DH reallllllly reallly wants twins and hopes to be able to name our possible twins those names, granted thy are a girl and boy, haha.

if no twins DH wants a boy. I would be really happy with either but i have to say my preference is slightly towards girl but just bc DH wants boy! 

View original reply
@ExcitedScaredBee:  i sincerely hope my first U/S is a belly one and not vaginal. Seriously i cringe just even thinking about that creepy duck contraption going up there during a pap. Ughhh i cant even… Thats the only time something goes up there besides a drs fingers checking you right?!?!

Post # 382
2208 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@harperlynn:  i love so many girl names. There are so many more options for girls!

Post # 384
2201 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@harperlynn:  I call mine tulip πŸ™‚ or baby C 

Post # 386
178 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@lalalalauren:  I’ve heard you kind of get used to these things when you’re pregnant. I’ve had several people say that once you’re in labour you don’t care who sticks what where, you just want your LO out! It does freak me out a little bit too though πŸ™‚

I’m really convinced we’re having a girl too…I keep thinking up girl names and haven’t entertained the idea we might be having a boy at all. I really should try to be more open minded, otherwise I’ll be super unprepared if we do have a little boy πŸ™‚

Post # 388
2201 posts
Buzzing bee

anyone else having a hard time…. Connecting to it? I think I might feel better when DH & my mom find out this week about the pregnancy but I am afraid it will end & not be a sticky baby. I am having a hard time, I guess accepting that its real & happening. I guess after being told by doctors for years it was highly unlikely to happen I just don’t want to get too attached Incase something happens. I wasn’t even planning to join the December moms thread this early in the game 4 weeks 2 days! but I realized the TTC ladies wouldn’t really appreciate a pregnant lady hanging out with them. 

Post # 389
2208 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@harperlynn:  love all those girl names you mentioned! Other ones that i really like are Emerson, Emerald ( call her Emme for short), Lucia, Jade, Charlotte, Maeve, Valentina, Evelyn, Gemma (great grandmas name) 

yikes Danger?!? Thank God you have a solid family name for a boy, lol! 

View original reply
@AnnieGrace:  during labor i doubt i will care haha its just during check ups it freaks me out when thats all im focusing on. Love thinking about it being a girl, i am very girly so i would love to dress her cute and do a really girly nursery!

Post # 390
2208 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@harperlynn:  oh thank God! Haha you calmed my fears.

Post # 391
178 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@MrsHoneyC:  Oh definitely. I’m hoping it feels a bit more real once I see the sonogram. Other than AF not arriving and a bunch of annoying symptoms, there’s really nothing to connect to is there?

It’s really tough for you too – you haven’t even been able to talk it through with your DH yet so it would all feel very hypothetical I imagine…you guys will have the best time when he’s home, talking and planning for your future with your LO.

I completely understand your caution, it does feel so perilous to get attached to something that can so easily be snatched away from you. I’m 7 weeks 2 days today, and I just keep telling myself to take baby steps…pick something to look forward to and just focus on that. For me, each Sunday we’re another week into the pregnancy so DH and I do a little celebratory cheer and a high five. Now I’m looking forward to the ultrasound, then the first visit to the OBGYN clinic, then my hospital booking in visit etc etc. Just take the little wins it really helps keep it all in perspective πŸ™‚

The topic ‘December 2013 Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors