(Closed) December 2013 Babies!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 422
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@harperlynn:  I lost 30 kg’s before my wedding last year and was so proud for keeping it all off for the last 6 months. Needless to say I’m a bit scared of gaining too much weight during pregnancy, I know it’s part of the package but I KNOW how hard I had to work to get it off, and I just can’t imagine having that same dedication once I have a LO, it’s not like you can go the gym every day whenever you feel like it…it all gets a bit complicated really doesn’t it?!

Post # 423
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

View original reply
@harperlynn:  Team green! Because I’ve seen too many instances of ultrasounds being misread. I want the gender written on a piece of paper and slipped in an envelope and I’ll see if they were right after bubs is born.

View original reply
@MrsHoneyC:  I’m 7w5d and I’m still terrified something will go wrong despite loads of reassurance from my GP, so I am also having trouble connecting. I love my baby already, but it still doesn’t feel real to me. Maybe after I see baby at our first ultrasound it will be a little easier for me =) I’ll let you know if that’s the cure lol

View original reply
@AnnieGrace:  It’s a little painful having to wait so long for everything – results, mail, appointments – and having to travel for anything beyond a basic GP appointment. Oh and a local girl called her baby George while he was in utero – his nickname is still George!

Post # 425
604 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Doily:  I will never eat banana again after last time – that’s what triggered my work spew =(

View original reply
@Mrs. Doily:  

View original reply
@harperlynn:  Cheese, carrot, lettuce and onion sandwiches on white bread. And realllllly bubbly drinks. Anything full of carbs! And now I’ve got past my chocolate aversion – white chocolate or caramel filled chocolate! Yummy!

Post # 426
340 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
@MrsHoneyC:  I’m having the same feeling. I just want to get to Thursday and the dr to say everything is okay. I guess not having anything more than sore boobs isn’t helping. Oh and these random painful cramps are starting to worry me. But since AF hasn’t showed I’m still hopeful. I’m gonna take another bees advice and celebrate the small victories and milestones. 

Post # 427
178 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@harperlynn:  It doesn’t help that I’ve gone to having a natural prefernce for healthy and usually savoury foods…to having the most wicked sweet tooth in the world! I normally would choose cheese and crackers over cake any day…now I’m all cake with some ice cream and maybe chocolate please πŸ™‚ It’s not good! I’ve stopped exercising too πŸ™ I tried to keep going and I just felt so ill that I had to give it up.

I’ve decided to start pre-natal yoga though. I’m just waiting until after my 8 week scan to make sure everything is ok. I’m a little bit scared of going though, I live in a small town and I haven’t told my employer yet…I’m worried someone will see me and start the gossip cycle. The things we have to think about!

Post # 428
604 posts
Busy bee

Need to vent – I was offered the BEST job today but I can’t take it. It’s an office job so once baby is born I’d be able to take baby to work with me. The pay is much better than where I currently work as a PCA. Everyone they interview runs a mile when they see what needs to be done. 5 days a week and I was already trained up on their old system so I’d pick up the new one relatively quick. The only problem is if I left my current job for this one I’d get no maternity leave =( Fingers crossed the offer is still there in December.

Post # 429
2201 posts
Buzzing bee

Thanks ladies!! I rally do appreciate knowing I am not the only one feeling like this. Someone in my Facebook yesterday posted that they are 5 weeks pregnant and my first thought was “why why!!?” And I mean I guess for some people they share everything and I understand its an exciting time but I suppose I am just so nervous. 

I am sooo so so so so soooo thrilled overjoyed nervous emmotional excited  for DH to get home on Thursday!! I can’t believe I’ve known I’m pregnant for over a week now and he had no idea!! So close now!! I can’t wait to tell him on Thursday…. I am dying ladies πŸ˜€ man long distance relstionships can be so hard sometimes! 

I a, hoping my blood work comes in tomorrow I think that will help me connect. Nothing will make it more real than hearing that heart beat! I can’t wait for that day. Xo

Post # 431
2201 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@harperlynn:  2 days 22 hours until DH finds out he is going to be a dad! Xoxoxo !!!! I can’t wait to spill the beans! 

View original reply
@Mrs. Doily:  your poop post made me laugh. I have IBS & food allergies galore such as dairy. Eggs, wheat, beef, garlic, pineapple… And on and on…. I have actually found that my #2’s have been soooo much Better KU than normal 

Post # 432
604 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@harperlynn:  Absolutely positive. I’d have to have worked there for 12 months when bubs is born. It’s a real shame because I’ve worked there before and I loved it! It’s a really family friendly business too.

Post # 433
178 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@harperlynn:  I was a spin class addict too. But I do get really over heated and sway when I get off the bike at the best of times so I figured it just wasn’t worth it. Luckily my spin class buddy is away on a holiday for 7 weeks so I haven’t had to explain why I’ve stopped going! Phew!

I decided to try a core workout/pilates/ballet class last week and was fine until we started planking and then I came uber close to losing my lunch! I decided to give that a rest until I’m a bit further along. Atleast then I can tell the instructor I’m pregnant and do watered down versions of the exercises…last week she was all “What the hell is up with you AnnieGrace, get your butt off the floor” lol. I just shook my head at her and rolled over…she left me alone after that thank god!

View original reply
@MrsHoneyC:  I just read your last post and thought, mmm a steak sandwich with garlic and pineapple sounds delicious…I’m officially losing my mind πŸ™‚

Post # 435
178 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@harperlynn:  We have a preggifit gym here too. I’m thinking of trying it, there are prenatal classes which have light cardio and then once bubs is born there are mums and bubs classes, and pram classes etc. The classes aren’t cheap though, they don’t do memberships and classes are $15 each, a couple of those each week would start to add up! Again, I feel like I need to wait until I’m ready for people to know I’m pregnant though…the odds of me bumping into someone else I know there are high!

Post # 436
604 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@harperlynn:  Consecutively. My Mum actually works there so we’ve talked it all over. She REALLY wants me to go back there, but she wants me to claim all of my benefits from my current job that I wouldn’t get at the new job.

The topic ‘December 2013 Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors