(Closed) December 2013 Babies!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 107
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Just got back from my first appt!  Didn’t see the Dr, just the nurse and financial lady.  But they did take urine and blood samples.  I go back on May 6th for a Sono appt!!  ๐Ÿ™‚  

I am using a differant DR than I did with my two boys, and I am really liking this office already! 

Today I am 5 weeks!! ๐Ÿ™‚  Feel great other than being tired & I am def very bloated. 

Post # 108
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

ok, i’m a bit confused, when are we supposed to start counting dates from, is it date of last period or date of (what you think was) conception? I might be about 6 weeks if using the date of the last period. Anyway, i think i’m starting to feel the nausea, anyone else? or is it too early for that. Fortunately at the moment, the nausea goes away if I eat something 

Another question – i’ve switched to decaf tea, but i’m having 5 or 6 cups a day. I’m hoping this counts as fluid intake as I don’t drink much else apart from a bit of water, but it kind of feels wrong to have so much tea, even if it is decaf. Anyone know if this is not the best thing to do?

Post # 110
2183 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011 - Florida Aquarium

I swear I’ve filled this out twice, but the computer must have rejected it! I’m looking forward to traveling this journey with you all! 

When did you get your BFP/what cycle day were you on?: 3/27, CD 32 

How many DPO were you before you saw that second line?: 16 DPO. We weren’t trying, so I didn’t test until I was really late. 

Estimated Due Date?: First week of December. 

When is your first appointment? I saw the doctor last week because I was having spotting and cramps on one side. She did an intravaginal ultrasound, and everything looked okay. I go back April 19 for another U/S and hopefully she’ll just do my 8 week stuff, since I’ll be, well, 8 weeks. 

How will you (or how have you) told your friends and family: My husband got the shock of his life with a gift bag of Prego and the tinkle stick, with a card of two raccoons holding hands around a tree that said, “Hold on tight and get ready… you’d gonna be a dad!” And two shots completed the set up. My best friend was supposed to call me, and when she didn’t, I texted her a pic of the tinkle stick. She called me immediately, yelling at me that when someone forgets to call, you pick up the phone and call her… don’t send her a picture! And then she yelled, “We’re having a baby!” Best. Response. Ever. I told a coworker because I needed to… I said, “Remember yesterday when you told me to get pregnant? Well, I did.” HA! He told his best friend by telling him. No one else knows yet. 

What are you looking forward to most? Just being a mommy. 

What are you most nervous about? Getting through 12 weeks and having a successful, uneventful pregnancy. And birth. That scares the shit out of me. 

What symptoms have you been feeling (if any)?: Oh dear. Morning sickness is insane; my poor nose just can’t catch a break; shortness of breath; cramps… I think that’s all? 

Is this your first baby? If not how many siblings does your peanut have?: It’s our first human, but it’ll have a 4 year old corgi big sister and two 3 year old ferrets. 

Anything you’ve given up so far?: Caffeine, liquor, travel plans… I’m vegan, so I’m good on most of the food stuff. 

Post # 111
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@GreenDream:  

thanks for the info on teas! hmmm it’s decaf black tea i’m drinking though, not a herbal or fruit tea so there are no strange herbal or fruity ingredients. just tea leaves (I assume) that have been decaffeinated

Post # 112
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

View original reply
@august05:  I’ve resorted to my Ah Bra for work lol but I have to put the removable padding from another bra in so my boobs don’t hurt so much.

Post # 114
489 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@harperlynn:  OMG, no way! You are so cute! I wish I had a bump already. Don’t worry it looks like a preggo bump! Yeah on the whole food thing, I have had top ramen 3 times since my BFP….gross….I haven’t had top ramen since I was a freshman in college!!! So at least 3 years haha, and those were desperate times!

Post # 116
604 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@harperlynn:  I swear my EDD is wrong as well! I feel so much bigger than before!

Post # 118
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m hoping one of you lovely ladies can help me out here.  I rarely go to the doctor so I’m somewhat clueless about how this might work: Basically, I have an appointment on May 6th to do a blood test and initial intake with a doctor that has GREAT reviews and is right around the corner from where I live (Doc #1).  I’m super happy that she could accept me as a new patient, except that I will be waiting quite a while to find out if the pregnancy is going well.  I called my normal OBGYN’s office (Doc #2) and she can see me on April 23rd – but if I went there, am I locked in to using that doctor for the rest of the pregnancy?  I really don’t want to stay with her as she works with a crappy hospital and is located an hour away from home (near where I used to live).  Is this going to make my insurance a nightmare if I bounce from one doctor to another?  The receptionist for Doc #2 said that my first appointment will involve filling out a ton of forms and figuring out what my insurance will cover for the entire pregnancy – I don’t want to put them out if I’m going to change to a new doctor two weeks later. 

I apologize in advance if this is really dumb – but in the last 10 years I really have only gone to the doctor’s office for a yearly pap smear/checkup and that’s it.  I have no idea how to navigate the health field and am worried about doing something that would prevent me from being Doc #1’s patient.

Post # 119
604 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@cali_cat:  Stick with Doc #1. It’ll be so much easier for you to keep track of everything.

Post # 120
1115 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@harperlynn:  aw your bump is cute!  and it looks all baby to me!  I had an emotional break down this morning b/c last night I tried on my bathing suits (we are going on vacation for a week starting tomorrow) and I LOOK TERRIBLE!!!  I was soo looking forward to this vacation and now I am down in the dumps b/c I feel huge.  I just don’t think I should be this “big” yet!  One of my friends was 3 mos pregnant last summer and you couldn’t even tell when she wore her bikini… why am I the exact opposite!!!  AHHHHH, and not being able to tell people has me feeling really self conscious, like everyone can tell I’m getting bigger but just think I’m getting fat  ๐Ÿ™ 

Post # 121
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@Mrs.Maeby:  Oh Lady I had some amazing ramen two days ago!  added crushed red pepper! It was soooo good! lol

The topic ‘December 2013 Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors