(Closed) December 2013 Brides?!

posted 5 years ago in December 2013
Post # 3
28 posts
Newbee

Mine is 13 december 2013. Where are you having yours? Ours is in Guildford.

Post # 4
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I am! 14th December 2013 in Norfolk πŸ™‚ 

We chose December actually because we knew the weather would suck so could sort of use it to our advantage, whereas i know if i had a summer wedding id spend weeks agonising over whether it would be sunny or rain. Atleast now i know that its 90% going to throw it down haha! 

Post # 5
245 posts
Helper bee

We just set our date yesterday for December 20, 2013!  I’m in the U.S., but the weather is still not what most people associate with “wedding”, let’s say.  We chose December mostly because we don’t feel like waiting more than a year to get married (he proposed this past Christmas) and we love the holiday season, so it was a fitting date for us.

The more I thought about it, the more excited I got for a winter wedding – It gets darker earlier here in the winter, so we’re planning on a candlelit ceremony, which I just love.  Plus, you get to live out that winter wonderland fairy tale πŸ™‚  So excited!

Post # 6
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Italiano's Humble

We’re NYE, with a hit or miss weather pattern in Houston, Texas. Last year, it was cold as heck, this year it was actually a nice degree, but it misted on and off πŸ™ which sucks, b/c our venue’s patio is MASSIVE, and if weather was AWESOME, where I’d prefer the reception be (instead of the ceremony), b/c bigger space to dance and spread out. Inside is a good sized room and room to dance, with a gorgeous fireplace, but I think the fireplace would be better utilized as an Altar area, versus a reception focal point!

So far, we’ve gotten positive feedback on our date, b/c so many people will already be off for the holidays, and most if not all, are off on NYD(the 1st).

Post # 7
7 posts
Newbee

I’m December 28, 2013 and in Canada.  I should be the most worried about weather on this thread, and I’m not at all!! I want it to snow and for it to be a winterwonderland!! I love the holiday season!

Post # 8
40 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married on the 7th of December 2013 which will be Summer here in Australia. We will be going to the US and Caribbean for our honeymoon though! Yay for a white Christmas! Usually its a barbeque and beach over here.

Post # 9
136 posts
Blushing bee

@Rachael1287:  You are the first wedding twin i’ve come across! hurrah! πŸ˜€ Uk bride myself πŸ™‚

Post # 10
184 posts
Blushing bee

@VampireBride:  Oh cool! Where will your wedding be? How far are you with planning? Im really struggling to find a dress that i love and all the shops keep telling me it will take 6 months to order the dress?! :O 

Post # 11
136 posts
Blushing bee

@Rachael1287:  I only odered mine about 2 weeks ago, it took me ages to find one that i could actually see myself getting married in. I’m really behind with a bunch of stuff that i’ve got to do this month: sort the photographer/videographer, find and book a caterer, order Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and find a florist. I’m living in Sheffield at the moment, but getting married in Nottinghamshire. What about you, where are you with everything?

I posted some pics of my stuff on a thread if you feel like looking:

December 2013 — Let's see how youre moving along! (Pics)

Post # 12
944 posts
Busy bee

@Laurengrapes:  I am also getting married on 12/28/13 in the US. Just sent out my save the dates recently since most people are travelling. Still have a lot to do!

Post # 13
563 posts
Busy bee

Im 12/13/13 — I think its fair to say I pretty much have everything done! Just some crafty stuff, organizing/assembling and putting together invitations left.. I think!

The topic ‘December 2013 Brides?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors