(Closed) December 2013 Bridessss! Are you catching wedding fever yet?!

posted 6 years ago in December 2013
Post # 3
899 posts
Busy bee

Yay date twins! It’s recenty became real for me too! I’m getting so excited!

I have the venue, dress, favors, decorations, photography, dj, this week I’m going to choose a baker.

I just bought DIY kits for invitations and programs, I’m also making my own bouquets. I’m just waiting to take engagement pictures and then I’m going to send out save the dates.

Post # 5
899 posts
Busy bee

@Mrs_Pacman:  I bought a specific brand of invitations, I just found them on ebay but I know they sell something similiar at Michaels. It’s called Anna Griffin Wedding Studio Collection, they’re beautiful and all you have to do is print and esemble, and they come with instructions. They come with the RSVPs too, right now I’m averaging .88 cents per inivitation! So proud! haha so much cheaper than the ones from weddingpaperdivas that I liked, those are like $4 an invite!

Here’s the link to the ones I bought so you can get an idea

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anna-Griffin-The-Wedding-Studio-Wedding-Invitation-Kit-/170992479744?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=avXWsaoR%252FS8rkC5jfx%252FBsRw0BHE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Post # 6
944 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I just looked at the calendar and realized that February is OVER – and I have things to do…

However, I do have my dress/accessories/jewelry/veil/shoes, venue, caterer, photographer, florist, officiant, some decorations, my brooch bouquet, save the dates/invitations, cake bakery. Still looking at music, transportation and a few DIY projects. I’ve changed my date TWICE so my planning is hopefully winding down a bit!

I’m sending out save the dates NOW because I’m from NYC, Fiance is from NC and we live and will get married in MD – so 90% of our guests are traveling and it’s so close to the holidays, I want to give everyone time to think about whether they’ll make it. Whomever shows up, we’re going to have a great time!

Highly recommend Vistaprint  – Invitations were not on my DIY list, and they are very reasonably priced! I was really surprised at the quality. The ones I wanted from Etsy were $8 each! I love Etsy but that was too much!

Post # 8
563 posts
Busy bee

I used vistaprint. I had the groupon. Best decision I made! Quality rocked! They came out amazing! And saved me a TON of money!!

Post # 9
40 posts
Newbee

I’m the opposite, the year seems to be dragging out for me ๐Ÿ™

I’ve already booked my vendors (all except hair) as the area we’re having our wedding books out fast. Now i don’t have much left to do! haha.

Post # 10
142 posts
Blushing bee

Date twins for me too! Also 21/12/13! 

Post # 13
40 posts
Newbee

@Mrs_Pacman:  I guess so, I do love wedding planning. I did have to book my venue in January 2012 for this year as it was already booked out for the last half of 2012.

I have bought my dress just waiting on it to be made, will be ready in August. It’s a detailed dress so all i’ll need is a nice pair of drop earrings (which I want to buy closer to the date so they are as sparkley as ever haha) and a pair of shoes. Veil is already bought ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
136 posts
Blushing bee

I’m still at university, doing a graphic design course, and i’m using all the machinary and skills i’ve learnt so far to do my save the sates over the easter holidays. Screen printing, laser cutting and embossing.

By now we should have book a caterer (nope X)
and we should have booked the string quartet (again, nope X)

starting to worry a bit now! And wedding nightmares too. eeep. 

Post # 15
20 posts
Newbee

No, I’m not catching wedding fever. I do enjoy the planning because I am good at planning, but to me the wedding is so insignificant in comparison with the marriage. I think our wedding will be fun and a really great day, but the more time passes the more I realized that it’s just 4 hours of my life. If we put all our hope in it we will only be disappointed. I’m bringing low expectations so that no matter what happens I will love the day ๐Ÿ™‚ But I’m ready for it come…!

The topic ‘December 2013 Bridessss! Are you catching wedding fever yet?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors