(Closed) December 2014 Babies! … Part 1

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 211
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Sunset Harbour

View original reply
sara79:  Yes, sorry! I don’t see my midwife until 8 weeks – it was just an meet and greet sort of thing. Thats awesome about your relation to your doula! I started looking into it a bit – and they can be super expensive!! As in $1,000! Mind blown! So I don’t know if I spring for that, or wait to see if I can get a free training doula – and I also know that I want to do placenta encapsilation and there are some doula’s that do that, or I can go through a seperate service. Who knows!

Post # 212
744 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Well, I had my first appointment with my midwife today. No sonogram (she actually said she wasn’t sure why I was scheduled before 8 weeks :-/) but I have a due date! December 3rd.

Post # 213
470 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
AnonymousCupcake:  WOW that’s REALLY exciting! A confirmed due date! 

Post # 214
690 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
AnonymousCupcake:  yay for early december baby!

Post # 215
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Due date: December 20th 

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?):

My cycle seems really out of whack I think I ovulated much earlier than I thought. DPO was in the 6-8 day range but could have been more. Date of last period was March 15th (which was 3 days late)

Hcg test 2 days ago was 183

How long did you try before your BFP?

This was our second cycle, so not long!

Do you have any kids yet, or is this the first?

This will be our first

Any symptoms yet?

Boobs are feeling full, not sore yet though. Also it’s a weird one but I’ve noticed that my pee smells weird/different. I looked it up and it is reported by some women in early pregnancy.

What are you most excited about?

Right now, sharing the news with our families πŸ™‚

What are you most nervous about?

Any complications I may have as I have Rheumatoid Arthritis 

What will you miss most while pregnant?

Sushi!!!<br /><br />

Post # 216
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
something_orange:  Congrats and welcome!!  That’s so funny what you said about the pee.  I’ve been thinking the same thing for days! πŸ™‚

Post # 217
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
mfitzp1:  Thanks hun!! πŸ˜€

Post # 218
91 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
octoberbaby:  I hope so too! I’m calling around today to a few other leads.  Hoping I get something set up soon! πŸ™‚

View original reply
b00kbug:  ooh thanks for the book suggestion. I may have to get that one!

Post # 219
91 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
something_orange:  Congratulations and welcome! πŸ™‚

View original reply
AnonymousCupcake:  YAY a confirmed due date! I can’t wait to get mine!

I’ve been dreaming about going the midwife route over here, since this is our first and I still don’t have an OB (hoping to fix this today), but DH isn’t too comfortable with the idea.  So I guess OB it is!

Post # 220
690 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
something_orange:  welcome and congrats!! <3

View original reply
trebleclef:  I’ve started reading it, I like it to far!

So DH and I decided to wait till June to tell everyone – including immediate family – because we doubt certain family members can keep a secret πŸ˜›  It’s killing me that I have to wait a whole month till our first sono! Grrr! I am going to try and distract myself by working on getting all the blanket squares done for one of the wedding projects. I have 6 done – 1 other almost done – so 5 more squares to go! I saw on the table that DH had printed out info on the family medical leave act, happy to see that he is researching things also πŸ˜€

Post # 221
744 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
trebleclef:  My practice has one midwife, and several OB’s that rotate. I’m going to try and see the midwife as much as possible, but maybe that is an option for you?

Post # 222
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hi everyone!  I just got my BFP yesterday… so excited to join you!!

Roll Call!

Due Date: According to online calculators, December 20th!  Christmas baby!!

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP?  14DPO.  After trying for so long, and so many disappointments, I wouldn’t let myself test any earlier than that.

How long did you try for your BFP?  9 months

Do you have any kids yet?  This will be our first together.  I have a 9 year old from a previous marriage, and my husband has a 5 year old from a previous relationship.  They both live with us full time though, and we’re really excited to be adding to our family.

Any symptoms yet?  Some nausea, but that’s about it so far.  Oh, and being EXTREMELY tired.

What are you most excited about?  Just having a healthy baby.  Like I said, my son is 9 and I had kind of accepted the fact that I wouldn’t have any more kids, but after deciding to try for one together, I can’t imagine anything more exciting.  And telling our friends/family is going to be pretty amazing too.

What are you most nervous about? Losing the baby.

What will you miss most while pregnant?  Comfortable sleep! 

Post # 223
690 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
soldwishtobe:  congrats!! Happy to have you here! 

Post # 224
470 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
soldwishtobe:  Congrats! It took us 9 cycles too.. I thought I would never see those 2 lines! Congrats again!  

Post # 225
442 posts
Helper bee

Sigh…well ladies, my brown spotting went to bright red yesterday and filled a pad, so I may have had a false alarm. It’s not over till its over though-I’m calling my doc as soon as they open to see if they want me to come in for blood or just wait and see. I know it could still be a go, but my gut check with the cramping is a no πŸ™

ill come back and let you ladies know what happens. 

The topic ‘December 2014 Babies! … Part 1’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors