(Closed) December 2014 Babies! … Part 1

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 376
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
mojitolady:  You know, my doctor okay-ed claritin and zyrtec and the like.  Just no benadryl.

Post # 378
1342 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
trebleclef:  
View original reply
mojitolady:  I’ve taken both claritin and benadryl!  I hope that’s okay.  According to my sister who is a pharmacist, both are okay to take.  

Post # 379
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
mojitolady:  I suffer from allergies and asthma as well and am still taking Singulair and Xyzal (which is basically prescription Zyrtec).  I also have chronic hives, which is the biggest reason I can’t stop taking either medication (it’s only controlled completely if I take both – ugh!).  I’ll have to see next week at my 9wk appointment what the doctor says, but when I called to schedule at 4 weeks they asked what I was taking and didn’t seem to have a concern about either.  I wish it was less confusing!

Post # 380
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
mojitolady:  hmm yeah i totally hear ya.  I’ve been taking loratadine (generic of claritin) every other day because my allergies have been killing me, so it better be okay! But it’s definitely on my approved list.

View original reply
MrsJX3:  I’m sure it’s totally fine! πŸ™‚

Post # 381
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I had a miscarriage dream too.  It was way too vivid and haunted me all morning.  Ugh!  I worry about it a lot.  One of my BFFs had one a couple months ago at 9 weeks and I feel so terrible for her.  

My new practice didn’t want to do an u/s until 12 weeks!!  That felt way too late to me (they had the NT scan be your first) so I am getting one next thursday at 8 weeks now instead.  Everything here is SO different from where I was for my first pregnancy and it is confusing the heck out of me!  They also want to do a glucose test already — who does that this early??

Post # 382
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
carmel bride:  Oh, goodness, I’m right there with you. It’s driving my Darling Husband crazy. He keeps trying to ban me from the internet lol! 

Post # 383
569 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
Miss Gamma:  My husband got to me to promise that I would stop googling miscarriage symptoms! I haven’t had any bleeding or anythng, but keep googling info about cramps and backaches….and of course half the sites are saying these are totally normal pregnancy symptoms and the other half says they are warnings of a miscarriage….and some sites say both! It’s really not helpful and was making me MORE anxious so I am trying to take a step back from that!

Post # 384
544 posts
Busy bee

I’m not sure when I’m due but it should be sometime in December 2014! I’ll find out what day on May 5th!

Due Date: Based on a calculator, December 16

I wasn’t tracking and we weren’t trying, so I’m not sure how many dpo I was.

Do you have any kids yet, or is this your first? It’s our first πŸ™‚ we were expecting once before, but we lost it, so we’re super excited for this one!

What are you most excited about? Being told multiple times from a doctor that the baby is healthy!

What are you most nervous about? Being a mommy, finances, and the baby NOT being ok πŸ™

What will you miss most while pregnant? Coffee!

Post # 385
544 posts
Busy bee

Whoops, forgot one!

Any symptoms yet? Morning sickness is kicking my ass, also an increased sense of smell and cramping. The funny thing is, I was experiencing them before I found out and was in total denial about it. Eventually i got worried because the cramps were getting intense, went to the hospital, and the doctor that helped me through my miscarriage was there. She told me I was preggers and that was the end of that.

Post # 386
493 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
trebleclef:  Benedryl was the only thing I was allowed to take.

Post # 387
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

View original reply
QueenGreen:  Funny you should mention Xyzal…that’s what I’ve been taking for two years and my allergist asked me to switch to Benadryl. I wish these doctors were consistent with their advice!

I’m probably going to kick myself hard for saying this, but I’m jealous of those of you with morning sickness. At least it’s a constant reminder that you are still in fact pregnant. I’ve been having some cramping and bloating and that’s it. So my crazy self has been POAS every other day just to confirm that I’m still pregnant. This is a special kind of crazy, people…and an expensive one!!!

I bought the Mayo Clinic guide to pregnancy since it was recommended but I still feel overwhelmed by all the stuff I have to learn! It seems like you’re pretty much not allowed to do anything for the first trimester but then things ease up after that.

When are you ladies getting your first ultrasound? Also, are you planning to dye your hair throughout your pregnancy or hold off? I’m seeing conflicting information about this…

Post # 388
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hi ladies!!!  Congratulations to you all!!  What an exciting time!!  I have been thinking about joining since I got my BFP last Friday, so even though it’s early, I guess I should take the plunge! πŸ™‚ 

Roll Call!

Due date: December 28, 2014 (My best friend’s birthday!  She passed away ten years ago, so this is such a special date for me!)

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 12 DPO (I only tested due to lack of my usual pre-period spotting, so perhaps I would have gotten a faint BFP earlier.)

How long did you try before your BFP? We started trying in June of 2013 but had to take a one cycle break due to my January LEEP procedure, so it was 10 cycles in all.  10 very long, frustrating, scary, and sad cycles.  My heart goes out to everyone who struggles! 

Do you have any kids yet, or is this the first? This will be our first baby! πŸ™‚ 

Any symptoms yet? I have intermittent symptoms, such as mild cramps, lower backache, and very sore breasts.  It worries me when the symptoms come and go!  I think I’d rather feel them all the time just to feel like everything is “okay!”  I also have an overall tired feeling and have lost my appetite.  No morning sickness yet, though.  Is that bad? 

What are you most excited about? Being a mommy!!!  Seeing my husband become a daddy!!!  Meeting my sweet baby!!!  Parenting with my wonderful husband!  I could go on and on! πŸ™‚ 

What are you most nervous about?  Since we tried for so long with no luck, I’m still worried that this isn’t real.  I’m terrified of miscarriage, illness, injury, etc.  

What will you miss most while pregnant? Honestly, I’m just soooooo happy to finally be at this point that I would trade all those fun things (champagne, soft cheeses, raw meats, sushi, etc.) in forever to have this child.  However, my doctor recommended I cut back on my usual running routine several months ago when we were TTC, so I will say that I miss my workouts!  

Post # 389
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
DrBaseball:  Welcome! I was extremely tired and had a complete loss of appetite too. Don’t worry about no morning sickness – it doesn’t normally hit until 6 weeks or later (if at all). Everybody is different though! Congrats πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Post # 390
226 posts
Helper bee

Due Date:  December 29, 2014  Based on knowing the exact day I ovulated thanks to charting.

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP:  12 DPO – I did not test prior to then.

How long did you try before your BFP:  9 months.  7 of those months I would consider “fiercely” trying with charting, opk’s, preseed and menstrual cups.  I am 39 1/2 years old btw.

Do you have kids yet or is this the first?  I have a 21 year-old in college and a 16 year-old.  This will be the first child for my new hubby.

Any symptoms yet?  Fatigue – some days are better than others.  I am also having hot flashes.  It seems like one minute I am boiling and the next I am freezing.  I also had spotting from 12 dpo – 14 dpo.  I honestly believe it was implantation spotting, and it never worried me in the slightest because it was so scant.

What are you most excited about?  Getting to snuggle with my baby, watching my husband transform into a father, dressing my child up for halloween, leaving cookies out for Santa, having an excuse to listen to kid songs in the car, picking out adorable outfits that I can dress him/her in, listening to the first time he/she calls me “mommy” and using Glade aerosol cans as “Monster Repellant”.

What are you most nervous about?  Something being wrong with the baby, miscarriage, and I am also nervous about this upcoming cruise that I am taking to Alaska.  It is for 7 nights 8 days on Princess Cruiselines.  I will be 9 weeks pregnant when we leave, and I just pray that I won’t be in the midst of the worst morning sickness ever while traveling on a boat.

What will you miss most while pregnant?  Being able to take most over-the-counter meds should the need arise, being able to accrue sick time at work, drinking some kahlua every now and then, COFFEE and riding my horses.

The topic ‘December 2014 Babies! … Part 1’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors