(Closed) December 2014 Babies! … Part 1

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 32
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

mariwithani:  Just wanted to say congrats!! I’m so happy for you! Not sure if you remember me from the August board…

Post # 33
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

future_mrs_s:  I know, it’s so far off!  Not helping my anxiety at all, but they didn’t seem concerned.  They actually wanted me in a week sooner but I have a wedding to go to then and I had to push it back.  Going to be a wreck until then!

I totally think it would be fine to tell your mom if you want to!  I totally understand the wanting to tell family!  She will be there to support you and I think it’s important to have that! The origami owl charm is such a cute idea, I’m sure she will love it!!

We are actually hosting Easter dinner for both of our families this year, it’s not often that everybody is together in the same place, and I desperately want to be able to announce to everyone together that next Easter there is going to be another person at our table… I don’t see my parents often since they live in on the west coast and I live on the east coast.  Assuming all goes well I think we’ll tell them, but I’ll still be a week out from my appointment at that point so we’ll see!

Post # 34
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Evie19:  Of course I remember you!  Thank you so much!  I periodically check in on the August thread to see how you’re all doing. I love seeing you all start to show πŸ™‚

Post # 35
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

mariwithani:  πŸ™‚ Glad we are all staying in touch!

Post # 36
3039 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

future_mrs_s:  I am paranoid everytime I wipe though and always check for blood. +1. I’m doing this every single time I go to the bathroom, even though I keep telling myself that I’m a nutcase and that I should stop. So glad to hear that I’m not the only one doing it.    

In terms of you SIL, just happy if I can help at all. If I were you I would have your husband call her. Even though you’re close, he’s still her brother so I don’t think it’s strange at all if it comes from him. Also, guys doesn’t tend to stay on the phone so long so it might be easier for her to get out of the conversation if she needs to. What happened to me last month, when I thought I was going to have a baby but it didn’t work out, was that I called one of my best friends for support the day after I had found out about my SIL. The conversation started with me saying “Hi, how are you…” and her going “AH, I was going to call you – I’m pregnant!”. To have to keep up that phone call until it was OK to hung up was so hard. All I wanted to do was howl, but you know… girls are expected to be super happy, supportive and curious about pregnancies – not say “Greeeeeat! Oh… the cat is puking on the carpet, must hang up”. Anyway, whatever way you do it, I think it’s great if you can tell her before the rest of the family. That way she has a chance to grief, pull her together and come up with a game plan on how to handle it together with her husband.  

I’m just 120 pounds, but I’ve been around 180 pounds back as a teenager and that was horrible. So no way I’m going back there again. Mostly of course because it can’t be healthy for the baby, but also because I don’t want to do that to my body under any circumstances. So far I’ve lost weight during these last five weeks though, guessing it’s a combination of no alcohol and no appetite.  

And I think your idea with the charm is incredibly sweet, her face is going to be priceless! Please let us know her reaction to it! As for us, I want to tell the world (not on Facebook though, I know pregnancy announcements were painful when we were TTC so I don’t want to do that to anyone else) but Darling Husband wants to wait until week 12. I don’t necessarily think one should wait until the 2nd trimester to tell, but I’ll go along with it as he so rarely asks for things.

Post # 37
283 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Omg a December mama board!  That is crazy! So happy for all of you from a May 2014 momma!  reading your stories reminds me if those first exciting days after finding out!  So fun. Congrats again and good luck!

Post # 38
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Roll Call!

Due date: December 14!

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): My first BFP was yesterday, at 8dpo! It was a squinter, but there! Today it got a little darker. 

How long did you try before your BFP? This was our 2nd cycle trying.

Do you have any kids yet, or is this the first? This is our first! We just got married this past July and bought a house this past October. =)

Any symptoms yet? Nothing too strong yet. I have had some light cramping. But I believe that started when I must have implanted. But I had some heartburn yesterday after eating something spicy. I love spicy! I went for a walk and it seems to die down.

What are you most excited about? There is so much to be excited for! I can’t wait to hold our first child. We will be having the first great-grandchild in my family and on DH’s mom’s side. I am excited to tell our parents this weekend, once the pregnancy test lines get stronger. My first doctor appointment is on May 5th. So I am excited about that too!

What are you most nervous about? I am nervous about the birthing process. I am scared about how much it will hurt. Also nervous about if I need a C-section for some reason. That would probably be my worst worry!

What will you miss most while pregnant? I have already adjusted my diet about a month ago. But I will miss certain foods and drinks! I love red wine and medium rare porterhouse steak…esspecially with the summer coming! But our grocery budget will thank me. =p

Post # 39
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

NonannaS:  Hey girl! I’m so excited to be here! When would your due date be? Mine would be Dec 14. My birthday is in December too! Dec 28! My birthday never got lumped with Christmas until I was 18. By then, I didn’t mind at all!

Post # 41
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

MrsAlice:  Congratulations!! So excited for you!  A BFP at 8dpo, wow, that’s awesome!  My appt isnt until May 2nd so I’ll be right there with you waiting (it seems like forever)!

How is everyone feeling?  I had a very strange dream last night that I took this monster HPT that was six in one, all positive!  I guess I had still been worrying in the back of my mind about a chemical, but I took a FRER this morning to make sure the line had gotten darker and it was way darker than the control.  Pretty much a mirror image of the last FRER I took on Thursday night.  I’m doing my best to push the worry away today, a strong positive is super promising!  Still having strange cramps – I too am guilty of checking for blood every time I wipe πŸ™

I also think I had my first case of “pregnancy brain” last night… I took my contacts out and proceeded to open a new one (I wear dailies) and put it in my eye.  Oops!  Darling Husband keeps joking its going to be a long nine months!  I almost feel like I’m crazy for feeling anything so soon.

Post # 42
3039 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

MrsAlice: Glad to hear that a December baby has good birthday memories, that’s one of the things Darling Husband and I worry a little about. However, his family has always celebrated half birthdays so I guess we’ll just adopt that 100%. 

QueenGreen: Don’t worry about feeling crazy – I was totally scatterbrained yesterday as well and my husband made the same joke. πŸ™‚ Then we went to see Divergent, and I feel asleep after 45 minutes and slept through the entire movie, war and all. Guess evening movies are our for a little while…

Post # 43
60 posts
Worker bee

Hi everyone! Congrats to all of you December moms! I’m not ready to roll call yet, but I got my first BFP this morning.  Even though AF was due yesterday and never showed, after a BFN on Friday, I was convinced I wasn’t pregnant.  I’m still in shock and feel like it’s too good to be true, so I’m looking forward to testing again tomorrow morning and hoping the line gets darker.  Also, my EDD is 12/10

Post # 44
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

determinedtobee:  welcome and congratulations!  I’m sure that line will darken tomorrow, no worries πŸ™‚

Post # 45
3081 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

mariwithani:  I am SO HAPPY to see you here!!! Yay! Congrats so much. Happy and healthy 9 months. 

Congrats to all of you from an August mama! 

The topic ‘December 2014 Babies! … Part 1’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors