(Closed) December 2014 Babies! … Part 1

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 451
577 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Hey ladies – hope it’s not too late to join! I was a regular for awhile before and after my wedding but haven’t been around for a few months.

Due date: 12/26/2014 from LMP 03/21

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): Wasn’t tracking.

How long did you try before your BFP? Trick question for me. 6 months NTNT but not really trying, and somehow managed to miss every fertile window – UGH! But then we DTD twice in April, and I thought we missed it again because it was a day before and a day after my fertile window and BAM. Pregnant. So really only 1 month.

Do you have any kids yet, or is this the first? First one here!

Any symptoms yet? All of them lol. Nausea, tender breasts, exhaustion/fatigue, heightened sense of smell, food aversions, food cravings (much more rare than the aversions), peeing every hour, bloating, and I’m waking up at 530a every day for no reason.

What are you most excited about? EVERYTHING! Seriously, everything. Even the non-fun things. I’m just really excited to finally be starting a family with my awesome husband who is amazing with kids.

What are you most nervous about? Just hoping for a sticky, and then healthy baby. I’m afraid of losses and I’m a little apprehensive about how much my body can take since I’m so miserable already.

What will you miss most while pregnant? Turkey sandwiches and Dr. Pepper.

Post # 452
716 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hi Ladies! Soooo I had my first appointment with the OBGYN last Thursday. There isn’t much to report but I’ll tell you what happened. We waited 2 hours and then we were finally seen.. Took my weight, asked a bunch of family history questions and then questions about my health and DH’s health. Then exam time, she told me to strip down and she would come, 20 mins later she comes in, does a quick pelvic exam and then says “ok so I’m not going to try to hear the heart beat because your uterus is flipped and you are under 10 weeks so it’s hard to hear”… Ok but I’m a couple days away from being 10 weeks.. She says no she won’t try and also because I’m underweight it makes it harder to hear anything. HUH underweight? I’ve never been told that from a Dr in my whole life. So all in all, not much happened.. we were told that we could go and pay for a private ultrasound if we wanted to but we have one booked for June 5 so we decided to wait. I was disappointed, we were waiting for that appointment to give us some sort of confirmation but nothing. Anyway, on to the next one…<br /><br /><br />

Post # 453
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
octoberbaby:  That is strange that she wouldn’t even try!  I also have a retroverted uterus, am underweight, and was 9w1d at the time of my first appointment, and they did a transvaginal u/s to see and hear the heartbeat.  When I got home, though, I used the doppler I ordered for the first time, and was able to find the heartbeat just fine!  It took a couple minutes to make sure I wasn’t hearing my heartbeat (or the blood pumping through the placenta), but sure enough I found it (175 bpm, which was the same rate recorded at my u/s).  I’m not planning on using the doppler often, as there are conflicting reports of the effects of overusage of at-home devices, but if you’re interested, the one I have is the Sonoline-B (and it’s FDA approved).  It shipped in 2 days.

Post # 454
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Updated list:

Dec 1: eocenia, polarbee

Dec 2: EverAfterBegins, BrideEleven

Dec 3: AnonymousCupcake

Dec 4: future_mrs_s, mariwithani, QueenGreen, funfetticupcakes

Dec 5:

Dec 6:

Dec 7:

Dec 8: trebleclef

Dec 9:

Dec 10:

Dec 11: carmel bride, junesun62

Dec 12: Wishing4Miracles, MrsKelloggtobee

Dec 13: ItsPronounced_ABear, Miss Gamma, klosen

Dec 14: MrsAlice

Dec 15: AngieBelle, MissLunchbox, mfitzp1, octoberbaby (or 19th), alove31

Dec 16: goldengrlbride, b00kbug, Elayne51, marinesfiance

Dec 17: sara79

Dec 18: Charlie89

Dec 19:

Dec 20: something_orange, mtorres

Dec 21:

Dec 22: MrsA1222,

Dec 23: MrsJX3, shesho

Dec 24:

Dec 25: MrsKrich15

Dec 26: TheHoneyWajr

Dec 27: teacherg

Dec 28: DrBaseball

Dec 29: PandasWifey, GonnaBeMrsB

Dec 30:

Dec 31:

40 mamas!

December angels: soldwishtobe, mojitolady, abby382, poptarts, andielovesj, frohike, peaceoutboyscout, magpie86

Post # 455
381 posts
Helper bee

Oops – future_mrs_s is actually at Nov 30th.

Post # 456
716 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
mfitzp1:  I know, I was bummed that she didn’t even try. She doesn’t have the u/s machine at her office either so we didn’t do it. It’s so funny, everyone I have spoken to have a retroverted uterus too! She told me only 25% of the pop do but it seems like it’s more common than we think! 

Post # 457
2902 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Add me to the list! I haven’t been around for ages but thought I would come back and join the December Mummas board πŸ™‚

Due date: 12/22/2014

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): Wasn’t tracking.

How long did you try before your BFP? First time! So lucky

Do you have any kids yet, or is this the first? First bub

Any symptoms yet? Horrible food aversions, big boobs, lots of all day sickness πŸ™

What are you most excited about? Today I’m excited about finding out the sex

What are you most nervous about? Losing my baby πŸ™ I have had so many friends who have lost a little one in recent years.

What will you miss most while pregnant? Wine!! and sushi

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  .
Post # 458
716 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
FauxBoho:  Congrats mama and welcome πŸ™‚

Post # 459
815 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

December mamas! I have a qustion. I’m trying to set up a secret facbook group for our january board. Every time I send an email invite for people to join it wont take them to the page, it says it is unavailable. Can anyone lend some advice? I know you ladies have a fb group, maybe you can help us out πŸ™‚ 

Post # 460
70 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
AlmostMrsShield:  Congratulations- I’m a little late, of course, there will probably be a February board soon! I wish I could help, but I’m only a group member, not an admin, so I’m not familiar with the intricacies of setting up the group… I’m going to tag our two experts, maybe they know.

View original reply
EverAfterBegins:  

View original reply
mariwithani:

Can you help the January Board?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  polarbee.
Post # 461
716 posts
Busy bee

Wow this group is quiet! Hope everyone is doing well! 

Post # 462
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

All is well on my end. I am 12 weeks 3 days today and have my NT Scan tomororw. Will post pictures after the appointment =) 

Post # 463
716 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
klosen:  how exciting! I’m 12+1 today and my NT scan is Thursday! Good luck! Can’t wait to see pics! 

Post # 464
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

My NT scan went great today. Baby L measured at 12w6d (I am 12w4d). His/Her heartrate was 162 beats per minute. The neck fold measurement was 1.05 mm (the doctor likes that number to be less than 3mm) Next appointmnet is July 2nd! 

Here is a picture of Baby L =) 

Post # 465
381 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
octoberbaby:  I think everyone is too busy chatting on the FB group and hardly ever come on here to be honest. Hope all is well with you πŸ™‚ Hope your NT scan is well today! I am 12+1 and had my second midwife appointment this morning and was able to hear the baby’s heartbeat with the doppler – so amazing.

The topic ‘December 2014 Babies! … Part 1’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors