(Closed) December 2014 Babies! … Part 1

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 47
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

future_mrs_s:  I’m sorry about your doctor! Are you sure you need a referral? I have an HMO too, but they concider women’s health women’s choice without a referral. 

Post # 49
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Sunset Harbour

Im a little nervous to roll call – AF not even late yet – but I want to embrace the joy!

Roll Call!

Due date: according to calculator, Dec 16!

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 9DPO – yesterday!

How long did you try before your BFP? this is cycle 2

Do you have any kids yet, or is this the first? first!!!

Any symptoms yet? Some cramping – AF like. Dizzy spells here and there, mostly when I change elevations. But otherwise I feel great!

What are you most excited about? having a bump, being a mommy

What are you most nervous about? right now, I am most worried about having a sticky baby. I’ll feel better after AF is late.

What will you miss most while pregnant? SUSHI! omg I put dinner in the crockpot for tonight with soy sauce and I tasted a bit of it and I instantly wanted tuna rolls. Should have gotten some last week!! grrrr

happy but nervous to be on the roll call board! 

Post # 50
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I seriously cannot believe I’m posting this. I joined “POAS” boards so many times in the past but never even ovulated any of those cycles. It’s still so SO early (11dpo) but got my 10dpo beta back at 22..so whatever- I’m telling someone!! 

Due date: Dec 15th

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 10DPO

How long did you try before your BFP? Jan 2013, with infertility treatment for the past 3 cycles.

Do you have any kids yet, or is this the first? This will be the first!

Any symptoms yet? A slight tugging feeling in my vaginal canal, exhausted. That’s it!

What are you most excited about? Seeing Darling Husband be a dad!!

What are you most nervous about? I feel like we are doomed to miscarriage. It was so hard getting here, that I feel like it will be taken away- and it’s still SO early!!

What will you miss most while pregnant? Rare steaks and bleu cheese.

<br /><br />

Post # 51
929 posts
Busy bee

I called my OBGYN and they told me they don’t usually do blood work until week 8? Is that normal?! I asked to go in early just to talk to someone – this is my first baby, I don’t really know much at all – I don’t want to wait till week 8. Am I being obnoxious?

Post # 52
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

b00kbug:  I had what sounds like the same phone call! I had her go over a list of things and food I should avoid, but other than that, I need to wait until week 8. I think it’s pretty normal but it’s nerve wracking! πŸ™

Post # 53
929 posts
Busy bee

MrsAlice:  I just called my usual dr office, and they do blood work. So I am going in Saturday. The OBGYN office is supposed to call me back. I’ll schedual a sit down with one of the midwives so go over some questions I have like food and stuff, and then I guess take it from there until week 8. So there you go, first thing I learned about being preggers. No Dr until 8 weeks. Weird.

Post # 54
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

determinedtobee:  b00kbug:  MissLunchbox:  Congratulations ladies!

b00kbug:  I think 8+ weeks is typical, unfortunately :(.  Mine isn’t until until 9 weeks and it’s my first baby also.  They told me that a positive pregnancy test (or four) is good enough for them to get everything scheduled.  I know some places do see earlier, especially for higher risk pregnancies, but everywhere is different.  I don’t think you are being obnoxious, it’s definitely a long time to wait and I totally understand!

future_mrs_s:  I’m sorry you had trouble with your doctor – happy it worked out though!  Did you end up calling them to see if it had gone through?

Post # 55
929 posts
Busy bee

QueenGreen:  Thanks for being understanding πŸ™‚  My OBGYN told me instead of making an appointment just to ask questions – the midwives have a program called Meet The Midwives once a month – and that happens to be tonight! They asnwer questions, tour the facility, ect. So I’ll drag Darling Husband to it tonight just so I feel like I am getting information. I’ll call on Monday or Tuesday to make my 8 week appointment. 

Post # 56
60 posts
Worker bee

future_mrs_s:  Still not ready to roll call yet (after 3 bfp’s, I’m probably being ridiculous), but wanted to know if any of you have/are dying to tell your family and friends, and how you told them/are planning on telling them. 

I’m thinking we’ll wait til Mother’s Day, that is, if I can wait that long to tell my mom because it’s been sooo hard not telling her in the last three days, I don’t know how I’m going to get through another 5 weeks without telling her.  Once we tell my mom, it’s only fair to tell his.

Post # 57
60 posts
Worker bee

b00kbug:  That’s so great! I hope you feel at ease after getting a tour and a q&a session.

Post # 58
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

After three great betas and an ultrasound today I am finally ready to roll call!

Roll Call!

Due date: December 4th πŸ™‚ 5w0d today!

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 9 DPO

How long did you try before your BFP? For this BFP, first cycle.  We’ve been TTC since our wedding last May.  Got our first BFP in August 2013, D&C at 11 weeks on Oct 1st for a missed miscarriage.  Second BFP in November, D&C at 9 weeks on Jan 16th.  We took one cycle off and got our third and hopefully sticky sticky healthy BFP at 9dpo on March 22nd πŸ™‚

Do you have any kids yet, or is this the first? No kids but I do have two wonderful fur babies, a yellow lab and a tortie cat.

Any symptoms yet? SO. TIRED.  On days I don’t work, I literally take 3 naps daily and at work I feel like the Walking Dead.  Also having lots of cramps, heightened sense of smell and my boobs are super sore and swollen.

What are you most excited about? Finally getting through a first trimester, feeling baby move for the first time, finally getting a baby bump, holding our LO for the first time and watching my husband become a daddy.

What are you most nervous about? Miscarrying again.

What will you miss most while pregnant? I’ve been literally pregnant on and off for the last nine months so I’m pretty used to living without all the things you’d “miss”.  At this point I’ll do just about anything if it gets me a take home baby!

Because of my history, my doctor has decided to follow me really closely with blood work and weekly ultrasounds.  Today I had my first scan and saw the cutest little gestational sac!  I go back next Thursday to see if baby grows πŸ™‚

Post # 59
929 posts
Busy bee

Lines are getting darker I think! 

Post # 60
929 posts
Busy bee

mariwithani:  Sticky baby dust to you!!! 

The topic ‘December 2014 Babies! … Part 1’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors