(Closed) December 2014 Babies! … Part 1

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 91
1192 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Congrats to all you December mommas from a November momma!! Wishing you all a happy and healthy 9 months!!!

Post # 92
3039 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

b00kbug: Never thought I would write this… but I’m so curious about your diaper covers! These are little pants you plan to pull over bought diapers or cloth diapers? I just got a sewing machine a few weeks ago, so I’m planning to try to make a few cloth diapers myself. If a normal kid goes through 6000 disposables until they’re toilet trained I prefer at least giving cloth a try!

mfitzp1: Yupp, hit me a few days ago, it sucks. I wake up every morning feeling like I partied like there was no day tomorrow… so ironic. I’m eating ginger and chewing peppermint chewing gums and that seems to help a little. Plus making sure that I don’t ever get super hungry, then the nausea gets totally out of control. 

Post # 93
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Ok all booked in for my confirmation appointment on Friday (I will be 4 weeks 2 days by then). Put it off a week since I found out super early and didn’t want to go in before my period date passed. My test sticks are getting darker everyday which is a good sign.

anyone else think time is dragging?? I feel like time slowed way down the day I found out lol

Post # 94
442 posts
Helper bee

b00kbug:  you’re a knitter! 

Um…I’m not ๐Ÿ™‚ but I did buy a groupon for a learn to knit class on a whim last month! Id love to hear about the projects you’re doing, hopefully ill be able to get started on something myself soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 95
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Charlie89:  I am actually thoroughly convinced that the earth is spinning slower since we got our BFP. I just want my clearblue to move on to 2-3 weeks!!! I’m going nuts!! And 3 weeks until the ultrasound!?!? Aint nobody got patience for that!

Post # 96
284 posts
Helper bee

MissLunchbox:  oh thank god you feel the same way! I think mine went super slow because my husband is away at work so I spent the entire weekend on my own at home rotating between google, pregnancy videos on YouTube and staring and my pee sticks hahaha

if I request an ultrasound at 7-8 weeks do you think I can get one? I’m not sure if I have to wait till 12 weeks or if I can choose to pay to have one earlier

Post # 97
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Charlie89:  Not sure, mine just told me that we would have an ultrasound at 7 weeks to check for a heartbeat. I’d just be honest with them. “I would feel more comfortable getting an ultrasound closer to when a heartbeat can be detected, for my own peace of mind” Worst they can say is no. This was a fertility medicated cycle for us, so that could be why it’s a little earlier.

Post # 98
284 posts
Helper bee

MissLunchbox:  oh yea good idea. I think if you are anxious they will give you one, you just don’t get anything back from the government ( in Australia you get money back for one ultrasound per trimester)

Post # 99
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m so excited that I’m ready to join you ladies!

Due date: December 12th

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): I got a squinter at 12DPO and its been getting darker since. I tried a digital today at 17dpo and got my definitive yes.

How long did you try before your BFP? 11 cycles

Do you have any kids yet, or is this the first? This is our first!

Any symptoms yet? Nausea on and off and some cramping, but that’s about it. Oh and I get tired more easily, but I’ve also been working a lot.

What are you most excited about? Everything! Seeing our beautiful baby for the first time and holding him or her. Feeling him/her kick in my stomach. I’m so excited for all of it.

What are you most nervous about? I am very scared of losing the baby. Also, if everything goes well, the birthing process. Also, my job. I work in an ICU and there’s much need to lift and move patients, and occasionally CPR. A lot of times you are expected to put the patient before your own health. I hope I don’t get into too much trouble for saying no, my body is too important right now to do too much lifting. Too many things to be afraid of.

What will you miss most while pregnant? There’s not a whole lot I changed. Maybe that I don’t get to exercise heavily, and I’m forcing myself to start liking vegetables. More things to be excited for than miss. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 100
569 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Wishing4Miracles:  Congratulations!!!

As a vegetarian, I have lots of fabulous veggie recipes if you want any suggestions. ๐Ÿ™‚ As a start- most veggies are delicious roasted—cook them at 425 with a little bit of olive oil and whatever spices you like (time depends on the vegetable).

Post # 101
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Sunset Harbour

mfitzp1:  lucky enough that I don’t have nausea at all.

I am still feeling pretty lacking in symptoms – but I am def still preggo! Just boob soreness and cramping.

Anyone else having terrifying cramps? Every time I feel them I panic and immedietly run to the bathroom to make sure I’m not bleeding!

Post # 102
929 posts
Busy bee

eocenia:  We are planning to go cloth – I have been doing research on brands for MONTHS before this haha. Anyway, this is what they look like:

Are you on ravelry? Thats where I got the pattern. 

Post # 103
929 posts
Busy bee

Frohike:  I actually learned how to knit from youtube. There are alot of great channels that will teach you everything from basics to full pattern walkthroughs. 

Post # 104
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@b00kbug – I have awful cramps! Almost AF like cramps and I run to the bathroom each and everytime to check! 

I dont really have alot of symotoms other than the cramps and just a little more tired than usual. 

It stinks for me because I am on a business trip 500 miles away from home for 3 weeks so I will not get to see my doctor  for a while.  Got my BFP on Friday and then left on Saturday. Trying not to be to stressed about that. 

Hope everyone has a great day! 

Post # 105
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Wow congrats all new December mommas!  Can’t wait to take this journey with all of you!

b00kbug:  You’re not alone with the cramping!  I’m still having weird twinges and pains as well as boob soreness. They always hurt before AF and am so glad when they go away, but now I’m stuck with it!  My cat loves to crawl all over me when I’m laying on the couch and it’s killing me, haha!

mfitzp1:  I’ve been nauseous and gaggy since I found out but I think it’s getting progressively worse… I took some bags with me in the car this morning because I was feeling pretty awful when I left for work – just in case.  I’m about 5 1/2 weeks so I’m expecting to suddenly get MS something fierce in the next few days ๐Ÿ™

b00kbug:  That is absolutely adorable!!  How long have you been knitting?

The topic ‘December 2014 Babies! … Part 1’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors