(Closed) December 2014 Babies! … Part 1

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 106
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

b00kbug:  yes to the scary cramping!  It feels like AF. I’m glad I’m not the only one.  Hoping it passes soon. 

Post # 107
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Sunset Harbour

Happy to hear that I am not the only one with the scary cramps!!!

QueenGreen:  I have two dogs who love to be on top of me – and one of them is a 45 pound pup who things he’s the size of our 12lb yorki! It HURTS! haha! I have been knitting since August, so less than a year. I love it – it’s very relaxing and I get to create something pretty!

Post # 108
716 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

AHHH! so excited! 

Roll Call!

Due date: Not sure.. December 15 or 19 depending when I O’d

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): either 13dpo or 9dpo, unfortunately this is the first month in a little while where I was sick during FW and I wasn’t sure when I O’d.. 

How long did you try before your BFP? 9 cycles!

Do you have any kids yet, or is this the first? First! 

Any symptoms yet? SORE tatas, I’m constantly burping, sleeping and since last night low uterus ache

What are you most excited about? a baby! being a mom! seeing Darling Husband become a dad! Everything! 

What are you most nervous about? something going wrong with pregnancy and making sure I have a healthy baby

What will you miss most while pregnant? red red wiiiiine… 

<br /><br />

Post # 109
716 posts
Busy bee

Day 3 of being knocked up! No longer squinting here! 

Post # 110
3039 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Frohike: Just as b00kbug, I learned crocheting using the internet. Since then I’m a firm believer that you can learn anything through google and youtube. Get the material you need and find something that looks easy and start to experiment, I’m sure you can pick it up relatively fast. I’m completely self taught and in the beginning things looked awful – now I’m working on this baby blanket for one of my best friends (sorry for the huge image):

b00kbug: And I had horrible cramps the first few weeks, now at 6 weeks 3 days they’re still there but morning sickness has taken the number one miserable spot. I’m not sure if the cramping is actually less than before, or if it just sort of fades away in the nausea…

And those diaper covers are ADORABLE! So, so sweet! I’ve done a little bit of research on cloth diapers as well and plan to try to make the all in one solution to begin with. Got a piece of PUL fabric last weekend that I’m experimenting with, it’s tricky to cut so I need to get a proper cutting mat.

As for ravelry, no I’m not. My husband keeps nagging on me that I should join but I’ve just not been able to get around to it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 111
716 posts
Busy bee

Have you ladies all gotten a blood+ to confirm pregnancy? Do you have to? I haven’t called yet because I haven’t officially missed my period, does that matter? 

Post # 112
3039 posts
Sugar bee

Wishing4Miracles: Just want to say CONGRATS! Eleven cycles must have been so though, we were at it for five and I thought that took a tool. Hoping you have the smoothest of pregnancies now so that you can really enjoy it!

octoberbaby:  I figured it was pretty clear that I was pregnant after my fifth positive home pregnancy test, but I did book an appointment with my doctor just to make 100% sure. She asked for a urine sample, and as soon as her technician came back saying it was positive she said a definite congrats. I left blood samples as well, but it seems like the urine sample was enough to confirm it. If I were you I would probably wait making an appointment until AF is officially late.

Post # 113
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

eocenia:  Hahaha… that’s too funny ๐Ÿ™‚  And ginger is the best!  I drink ginger tea almost everyday, and keep a stash of candied ginger in my desk at work.  I need to buy some to keep at home now.  

QueenGreen:  Yeah, I got up in the middle of the night and I almost threw up.  It comes and goes, though.  I hope you start feeling better soon!!  

b00kbug:  Those diaper covers are so adorable!!! Love them!  And yes, I have had cramping, too, and keep running to the bathroom.  I hope eventually I’ll be able to settle down and stop worrying so much!

Have you gotten your blood test results back yet?  I need to call my OB today, but I’m not sure they’ll let me have a beta.  We’ll see…

Wishing4Miracles:  Congratulations, mama!!!  So happy for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 114
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Sunset Harbour

eocenia:  That blanket is beautiful!!! And props to you – I tried to crochet and I was sooo bad at it, knitting seems easier to me. I think for cloth diapers, we are going to go the pre-fold route. Much cheaper and you don’t have to worry about a particular brand not fitting because you fold it according to your baby’s size. 

mfitzp1:  No results back yet! Hoping to hear from them today!

Post # 115
59 posts
Worker bee

octoberbaby:  Congratulations!!!  So exciting!  Looks like those tests are definitely getting darker!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

eocenia:  I LOVE the blanket! That color of blue is one of my favorites

Post # 116
3039 posts
Sugar bee

mfitzp1: For some reason my body decided against tea the moment I got pregnant, I just can’t drink it. Used to have at least 3 cups a day, but now it’s impossible. So that source of ginger is unfortunately out (love the Yogi ginger tea normally). At this point I just eat pickled sushi ginger each day – feels strange to eat it without sushi but I’m telling myself that it’s going to make things better. Since the morning sickness started I can’t have anything sweet either, so I’ve been craving sour stuff. Yesterday I realized that I actually wanted to have grapefruit juice and got so happy that I actually craved something that I started to cry… sigh. 

And thanks! It’s actually a little more teal than in the photo, but I love it too.

b00kbug: Thank you! As for what’s more difficult, I tried knitting too but couldn’t wrap my head around it – thought crocheting was so much easier! ๐Ÿ™‚ Hm… I might have to look into the pre-folds again. Either way, so exciting that someone else is planning to use cloth diapers! I’m planning to making ours, so hopefully I’ll be able to test them out on my SILs July baby before our little one arrive. Feels like it would be nice to have an idea of how they work before I make like 40 or so of them.

Post # 117
59 posts
Worker bee

eocenia:  Pickled sushi ginger is a great idea!! I’ve been scraping the sugar off my ginger.. hahaha.  My best friend is a dentist, and she was yelling at me for eating so much candied ginger.

Anyone else having a hard time focusing at work??  Sigh.  And it’s only the beginning.  Just made my first OB appt.  May 12, and they’re doing the heartbeat ultrasound.  Yay!!

Post # 118
3039 posts
Sugar bee

mfitzp1: Haha! It’s one of the few options left as I can’t have sweet stuff, otherwise I would have had candied ginger as well! Though I’m thinking that I might try to make ginger/lemon ice tea myself, just reduce the sugar content. 

I’m having my dating ultrasound on the 14th of April, really looking forward to it except that spouses aren’t allowed in the room for some reason. Feels so sad that my husband can’t be there for that.

Post # 119
59 posts
Worker bee

eocenia:  Why don’t they let spouses in?!!!  I’ve never heard that before!  And how did you get such an early appt?  That’s awesome!  They’re making me wait so long…

Post # 120
3039 posts
Sugar bee

mfitzp1: I have no idea, I just thought it was something North American (I’m Swedish and people would pretty much die there if one spouse wasn’t allowed to attend). I did ask of course, but got “It’s our policy” back… so that wasn’t much of a reason in my book. Apparently he can come along for the 18-week appointment, but that’s it.

As for getting it so early, I have a brand new family doctor with a smaller amount of patients as she’s still expanding – so I called to ask for an appointment to get the pregnancy confirmed and got an appointment the next day. Then she wrote the referral and the ultra sound people is just one floor down in the same building, so I got the first time slot they had open.

The topic ‘December 2014 Babies! … Part 1’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors