(Closed) December 2015 BRIDES !!

posted 4 years ago in December 2015
Post # 2
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2015

I’m so excited! Just mailed the invites yesterday. 🙂 Still so much left to do, though! Programs, honeymoon planning, buy thank-you gifts. I get to have my first dress fitting next week, and I can’t wait!

Post # 4
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I’m excited! I’m waiting for my replacement envelopes to come back so I can mail them off!

Post # 5
152 posts
Blushing bee

Sooo much left to do!!! We got the venue only 6 months out so we have been rushing everything. my dress should be in by the end of this month. which doesnt matter cause my busy season at work doesnt allow me to have fitting till Nov anyway.

Need to finalize hair stuff (style) – everyone is booked.

engagment shoot at the end of the month.

Finalize ceremony layout – will be working with pre martial counselor for that. My uncle is doing the ceremony as a lay person.

Music – booked but need to pick out songs for everything.

decor is done – DIY

Invites will go in the mail next week. they are all done just need postage.

My fiance needs to order his ring still. Mine is all set.

Honey moon isnt planned 😕 oh well.

I was actaully just thinking i needed to make a list of what needs to be done.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  kam914.
Post # 6
9 posts
Newbee

We’ve been engaged for a couple of years so it’s been a slow gradual process – which is just what we wanted. 

We just sent our invites out this week and I also just had my first dress fitting this week. Decor still needs to be sorted – we have the plan but we still need to actually go out and buy the vases etc. Music is booked but need to choose the songs. And once the RSVPs start coming in…the dreaded seating chart!

Post # 7
56 posts
Worker bee

Just sent off our invitations! It feels official. I feel like now is when all the bills are coming up… not super excited about that!

Post # 8
18 posts
Newbee

lilstash:  we were engaged for a while too (since may 2013).  I feel like everything is going so fast now because for 2 years, I did nothing. lol. Excited that its finally here though. 

Congrats all!! 

Post # 10
155 posts
Blushing bee

What are your RSVP due dates?  How long after the date before you will start tracking down those who haven’t RSVPed?

Post # 11
384 posts
Helper bee

-bump, since we are only a month out…-

we have been terribly behnd with invites-  printer effed up my black envelopes, so we had to go with plain beige (ugh), and all sorts of nonsense.  but, they went out yesterday.  technically, our RSVP date is 11/20, but I am going to give people an extra week before i start calling.

finally got music, FI’s suit, and my wedding band figured out.  decided on processional this weekend, centerpieces are done, still need to order overlays and chair covers (need better guest # before I can!).  still have to book honeymoon, but that is all in FI’s court, as well as FI’s ring.  still need to make programs/menus, and finalize cake design.

but i think that is it!  

Post # 12
7 posts
Newbee

Our wedding is exactly a month away from tomorrow… eek! I have been planning for a year now and I’m having mixed feelings between wanting this to be over and being way too excited to see how everything looks together!

I am picking up my gown from the seamstress on Saturday… she is amazing! And picking up the fiance’s suit too.

Flower girl dresses are finally in and their headpieces… eek! They are going to be adorable!

Cake stands- check. Guest book- check. Cardbox- check. hmm… Ceremony programs- check!

What am I missing? Oh! We are DIY-ing our flowers so I need to order them this week! I am very nervous about this project!

We still haven’t decided on our cake flavors- we are doing a small 2 tiered cake (almond with raspberry filling) and then 2 dozen cupcakes (marble swirl with chocolate ganache filling) and then 2 dozen cupcakes (…??? white with vanilla buttercream or white with bavarian cream?…).

Grooms cake is red velvet… I’ll be eating his cake. LOL. My favorite cake!… and his too!

Still need to go over the DJ music list… which I thought this would be easy but it’s actually really hard!

Everything with our photographer is good to go… I am getting my hair colored next week because we decided I have WAY too many white hairs. LOL… first hair color treatment in years! So badly needed anyways. Makeup trial was amazing… I had to do two because I didn’t care for the first time but she tried airbrush and my skin looked flawless the second time around.

I think for the most part, everything is done… I just need to finish up the last bit of my to do list!

Hope everyone elses planning is going well! Anybody running into any drama?

The topic ‘December 2015 BRIDES !!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors