16 %
    other : (4 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 676
    4426 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
    MissB2MrsO:  Thank you and congrats! Wiahing you a very happy and healthy 9 months! My LO is a rainbow baby and I’m hoping this is yours! Keep us updated! 

Post # 678
    783 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2015

View original reply
    MissB2MrsO:  good luck! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Post # 679
    783 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    smoocheepoo:  awwww that is so cute that a little dress can be made for her.. glad everything is going well. 

Post # 680
    1444 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
    MissB2MrsO:  thanks! Praying for a healthy and happy 9 months for you!!!

Post # 681
    900 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

View original reply
    KatiePi:  I totally get that!  I am starting to think about getting back into shape in a couple of weeks and actually, my mum is getting rid of her treadmill so we’re buying it off her.  I look forward to having a way to ease back into exercise, even if it’s just walking briskly for a bit.  This weather makes it a bit hard to go walking with LO, though I’m considering a mall visit today purely to walk.  We had one last Friday and it was AMAZING!  He slept the whole time and I felt human again, instead of just a cow/milk making machine. 

View original reply
    libradana301:  I feel like it was forced on me.  I had nurses in the NICU grabbing my boob to make it a “hamburger” for LO to get a better latch.  I was so desperate for their help that I couldn’t let my own insecurities hinder progress…. and it’s been several appts like that to get me to this point of just not really caring.  Mind you, I won’t be whipping out in front of most of my friends, that’s what my nursing cover is for.

I have 4lbs left to go to my pre-pregnancy weight, it’s unreal.  It seems like more when I look at the pooch/muffin top kind of thing and sadly, I do have a couple stretch marks I hadn’t noticed before.  My incision site is healing SO well, I put some polysporin on it today.

Hope you all have restful days with non-fussy babies! (one can hope, right?)

Post # 682
    4426 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    smoocheepoo:  How are you doing it woman?!? Two babies, school, a wedding! You are insanely busy and I have so much respect for you! When is your wedding? How adorable that Cecelia (love that name btw…so beautiful) will wear a dress made from mom’s wedding dress. A great keepsake!

Oliver is 16 days old and doing well! Little chunk ate 6 (6!) ounces at his evening feed last night! We were so blown away. He is definitely gaining and I’m curious to see what he weighs at his 2-week appointment today. He’ll be getting his first few shots today. I’m nervous I’ll cry if he gets upset, but my baby is getting vaccinated so I’ll have to suck it up! DH’s classes start this week, and I am glad they are starting while I’m on leave. This way we can start to adjust to him being a Stay-At-Home Dad before I go back to work. 

Even though this is YEARS down the line, I have to ask. Moms that now have two+ babies…what’s the age gap between your LOs? Do you think it’s enough? What’s it like? Darling Husband and I will probably (right now I’m just surviving this newborn stage and clearly remember the birth) want one more in about 4 years. Need input! 

Post # 683
    4426 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    danier:  How nice to get out for a bit and just get to be a part of society! Great that your LO enjoys and sleeps through it! Ohhhh, the stretch marks. I’ve been in decent shape all my life and my upper belly never really stretched ever (lower is another story as it where I hold my weight) and I have a ton of stretch marks. They aren’t cute. 

Post # 684
    7430 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
    KatiePi:  Mine are exactly 2 years and 1 month apart. I really think that a big part of it depends on your children’s personalities. DD#1 is high needs, and not a great sleeper. Those are pretty huge factors when it comes to having a second child close in age. I love having them close in age because DD#1 is obsessed with the baby, but I do wish that DD#1 had learned to fall asleep on her own before DD#2 was born. She’s had it pretty rough with the change in her nighttime routine, and it’s not her fault. I just can’t stay in her room for 45 minutes every night waiting for her to fall asleep. Darling Husband has taken over putting her to bed while he’s on paid leave, but I will have to start again once he goes back to work since he works nights. Luckily for me, living  the same house as my mom means I have lots of help. I’m not sure how I’d do it without her! She is always willing to help with baths and bedtimes when she is home. It’s really helpful when I’m stuck on the couch cluster feeding DD#2. It also depends on the new baby’s personality as well. DD#2 is 1000 times easier than DD#1 was as a baby.

I’ve read that it’s best to be less than 3 years apart, because that’s before jealousy and sibling rivalry really start at around 4. I can definitely see how having the first be older would be really helpful though!

Post # 685
    783 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    danier:  that is so great about your weight loss and healing. I have the pooch and some dark stretch marks on my belly now. But our bodies did some amazing things!

I would love to walk around the mall. I think LO would cry though and I’m not sure how it would go. I think I’m going to try soon. It’s a good feeling to get out of the house.

View original reply
    KatiePi:  good luck at the appt! We go on Thursday for shots and a weight check. Last time he got the hep b and cried for just a minute and then was fine

Post # 686
    91 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

I’ve been trying to keep up with all ya’lls baby posts to prepare myself for my baby boy coming in June this year. Could some of ya’ll post pics of your babies when you get the chance? I’d love to see all your little ones!

Post # 687
    900 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    KatiePi:  
    View original reply
    libradana301:  I was super nervous about the mall walk but I was fortunate to have my mum with me for the first one.  I felt like, at least if things went terribly wrong, I had some help.  It was my first time using the stroller, too.  Do you have anyone to go with for the first time?  It’s been snowing all morning and Darling Husband says roads are really bad, so no mall walk for us today.  Maybe tomorrow!

Post # 688
    900 posts
    Busy bee

Not sure what’s going on, attempting to add a photo but it’s just an x.  I’ll have to try later.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  danier.
    Post # 689
    4426 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    Cory_loves_this_girl:  So interesting to hear how different siblings can be. I mean, I’m one (the middle) of 3 and get that so much, but it’s just crazy that the same people can make such different children. Glad DD#2 is an easier baby! My little sis and I are almost exactly 2 1/2 years apart and it definitely helped with closeness growing up (we fought like crazy too). I think it depends on Darling Husband and school and where we are in about 2 years. I just like hearing differ stories! Thank you!

View original reply
    libradana301:  Thanks! It went well!

Well, I’m the mom who cried at the appointment today. It was his 2-week checkup and there were no shots (not until 2 months), but they did have to do the newborn screen again. First, he now weighs 8lbs 7oz!! That’s up 8oz from his birth weight and 1lb 2oz from his first pediatrician appointment! He’s currently chugging oz 5 of who knows? When they did the screen, the first nurse did the puncture and was trying to get the blood. He whimpered a bit, but was mostly fine. She couldn’t get enough so a second nurse came in. She had to do it, but it was so rough and LO was doing his serious cry. And then I cried. I felt silly, but it was not fun seeing him hurting like that. 

Post # 690
    347 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Thanks ladies I can’t believe he’s here. I’ve been to lazy to write birthstory right now. Plus I might have to go to the ER. 4 days PP and  haven’t had problems with bp or anything. Now it’s high and pulse real low like in 40s.

The topic ‘December 2015 Jingle Babies- Dashing to the Delivery Room– Part 12’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors