red raspberry leaf tea : (16 votes)
    16 %
    other : (4 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 691
    347 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

KatiePi:  I did the same thing with the screening and his circ. 

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  SkiBunny.
    Post # 692
    4426 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

SkiBunny:  I’m so sorry you’re having Bridal Party and pulse issues. Hoping everything is okay. Keep us updated. I told myself I would try not to cry, but it was no use. He just doesn’t do that cry often and it broke my heart. 

Post # 693
    1040 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

KatiePi:  Aww hugs!! So hard to see our LO’s manhandled or poked and prodded. Not looking forward to that on Thursday. Yay for gaining so much weight!

And delayed response but also very exciting to put pregnancy behind us and feel more like ourselves! I know it’s a miracle to grow a baby but man did pregnancy suck. 

SkiBunny:  I will be thinking about you! Hope there are no issues with BP/pulse or that it is resolved asap.

danier:  Mall walking is a great idea! It feels like -35C here right now so that would definitely be the only option! I want to see how LO survives her dr appt on Thursday first.

danier: 4 lbs left?! That’s awesome!! I cant wait to see my pre pregnancy weight on the scale. Still 20 lbs away and my belly (not just loose skin) is still quite pregnant looking. I thought I had made it through unscathed by stretch marks but alas I do have a few by my belly button. Nothing too terrible though.

smoocheepoo:  Ahhh such an exciting time for you and your FI!! Happy to hear you have a happy and chunky baby and a feeding solution. That could have made it even tougher although you are my hero with everything on your plate! Good luck with the wedding plans!

AFM, life as a Stay-At-Home Mom is even better than I could have imagined. Spending all day with my sweetheart is the best. She is such a content baby and breastfeeding was a breeze for us which prob contributes a whole lot to my sanity right now!

Post # 694
    6883 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

This thread has gone a bit quiet. For those of you who were not around a few weeks ago, we have a secret group in Facebook. It has been quite active. If anyone wants to join, PM your email, and I can add you to the group. 

libradana301:  Now that all the visitors left, we are trying to come up with some sort of schedule. I don’t bathe baby everyday as it’s still cold. Emanuel sleeps quite a lot, and when he is awake he wants to be fed, so not much to do. I think once he is over 2 months it will be easier to follow some sort of schedule, such as a going to bed time.

whitums:  I’m a little late to respond, but we were experiencing something similar. My LO would get super frustrated at not getting enough from my breasts, so we decided to supplement with formula. He is eating about 5 oz per feeding. It has become more like the opposite, I supplement with breastmilk. I offer my breasts a few times a day more so as to not lose that connection. I am pumping as well. The plan is to keep a reserve so that we give him more breastmilk with time and less formula. I haven’t given up on my milk production, so I just have to keep working on it.

libradana301:  We didn’t have issues switching to bottle because he was still very little (4 days old) and super hungry. We used AVENT slow flow nipple, and it works great.

libradana301:  Glad to hear your 6-week check up went well. I have mine this week, can’t believe how fast time has gone. 

SkiBunny:  Congratulations!

KatiePi:  I also love feeling like myself again. I missed it a lot. How many weeks of maternity leave are you getting?

MissB2MrsO:  Thank you!! Have a wonderful pregnancy. Sending sticky baby dust. Enjoy the ride ๐Ÿ™‚

smoocheepoo:  Wow lady two kids and taking a class, you’re truly amazing. I don’t know how you can do it. I know that if we do have another kid, it will be hard. It’s a bit difficult to maneuver already being a student, instructor, wife and now mom.

danier:  Yay for getting so close to reaching your pre-pregnancy weight. I am way under my pre-pregnancy weight, and now my goal is to lose at least 10 lbs more. Luckily, the weather here hasn’t been that bad and we have been able to go out to the stores, for walks and even to eat out a few times. Baby seems to love being out and would sleep most of the time in the car or stroller.

I wished I had a couple of stretch marks, my lower abdomen is full of them. It’s super embarrasing. ๐Ÿ™

KatiePi:  I don’t have two kids, but we do want another one. We are planning for a 2-3 year gap. Just want to comment that I have a brother 4 years younger than me, I am the oldest. I wished we were closer in age. We were at different stages while growing up, it made it hard to really connect.

SkiBunny:  I’m so sorry you have to go to the ER. Hope everything turns out ok.

jjbeebee:  I totally get what you’re saying. I loved being home these past days with my baby all day doing not much besides taking care of him. I did feel a bit unproductive sitting around, but felt no guilt lol! Baby is number one priority. 

AFM, after 5 weeks of having family (my mom, sister and FIL) stay with us, we are finally alone with the baby. It feels great to be just the family of 3. Emanuel is sleeping less during the day, so I hope he can sleep for longer stretches at night. We still wake up a couple times during the night, which is not too bad. The sad thing is that as of this week I am back to school and teaching a class at the university. On the bright side, Darling Husband and I are splitting the time and taking care of the baby. We want to spend as much time as we can with our little one. He is growing so fast and already leaving his newborn clothes behind.

Post # 695
    4426 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

candy11:  I get only 6 weeks off and that’s from his birth, not from when the new semester began. Total rip off. I go back to work February 8. I still have about a month, but it’s just not long enough. The mat leave in the U.S. is shameful. Thank God Darling Husband is a Stay-At-Home Dad while in school because just thinking about leaving my baby with other people stresses me out. 

Post # 696
    900 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

jjbeebee:  Yeah! It really makes me feel great to get out of the house, so a mall walk or even a pointless car ride can really be good for my sanity. LO hates hats so gets pretty annoyed by the car seat initially, but typically nods off for hours too! I one one of these sanity breaks yesterday when he was inconsolable and it worked like a charm… Also, sounds like we have the same stretch marks! I’m glad you are loving being a Stay-At-Home Mom, I wish I could say that… at this point, it would be a lie though..

candy11: Sorry about the stretch marks ๐Ÿ™ Yay for the weight loss though! Congrats! I have under 3 to go now to be back to where I was… of course, everything looks so different now… Also, nice to have your house back to yourselves, especially if Darling Husband is so helpful and has time to be there to support you. Hope your transition back to school is smooth ๐Ÿ™‚

I wish I had more support, the timing of LO coming so late has meant I have been entirely alone during the days and I think it’s causing me some post partum.. I know people don’t mean to have other obligations (DH included) but I resent the fact that I was lead to believe I’d have all this help and I’ve had virtually none. I spoke to a public health nurse who suggested I attend this Boyfriend or Best Friend coffee group but it’s on Monday’s and I have Dr’s appts for the next 2. Ah well..  

Post # 697
    783 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2015

KatiePi:  I cried when he got his 2 month shots haha..felt so stupid.

Post # 698
    1040 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

danier:  It sounds like you have a few tricks up your sleeves to handle LO’s crying and give you sanity breaks! I would think not having help definitely has a part in the PPD you may be feeling. I’ve been pretty lucky in that regard. Stay strong and hopefully some of those who previously offered can make the time for you two. Help is desperately needed even if it’s just for a couple of hours or to have an adult conversation!

Are there any mommy groups that aren’t on Monday? In my area of the city I can find a group any day of thee week but I’m holding off until spring.

libradana301:  You will not be alone in the crying! I dont even want to think about that yet!

KatiePi:  Feb 8 is so soon ๐Ÿ™ 

Yay for Darling Husband being a Stay-At-Home Dad. That will make the transition so much easier!

Post # 699
    6883 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

libradana301:  Emanuel gets his shots in about 3 weeks. I will try not to cry!

KatiePi:  6 weeks is not enough time for sure. I don’t know what I would do if I had to be away from my baby if I was full time. 

danier:  Last week was my first week back to school/work, and it wasn’t too bad exept the class I teach is super early, so a coffee was very much needed. Even though E sleeps well during the night, he wakes up to eat a few times and can stay awake for a good hour sometimes. 

Post # 700
    6883 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

libradana301:  How is pumping going? Were you the one that posted the recipe to increase milk supply? I forgot to bookmark it and would love to try it.

Post # 701
    6883 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

My LO just turned 3 months, and I’m astonished at how fast he grows. He sleeps very little during the day, and just recently, we started to set a bed time. He just became interested in his toys and exploring the world around him even more. He weighs around 13 lbs and is about 24 inches long. I would love to hear from the other mamas, especially those not in our FB group.

Post # 702
    826 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

candy11:  I can’t believe he’s 3 months already! The last 9+ months have totally flown (at least from my perspective!)

The topic ‘December 2015 Jingle Babies- Dashing to the Delivery Room– Part 12’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors