(Closed) DECEMBER 2015 POAS

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 4
983 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

View original reply
bloomingflower:  thank you for starting this! 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/34

Baby #: 1 for us together. I have a 6 year stepson who is dying to be a big brother.

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD10

Ovulation Date: i’m not sure! I was originally thinking Dec.  6 but i’ve been having watery cm since af finished on which is super weird for me. I don’t use OPK’S so I guess i’ll just track it and when it dries up, i’ll calculate o from there.

POAS Date: Dec. 15th, day before AF is due.

Usual Cycle Length: 29 days

Cycles Trying: 3

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): taking prenatals, tracking cm and keeping a fairly casual eye on my cp. The plan was to bd every 2-3 days but it’s been every day since AF finished (though all good things come to an end haha). I’m hoping we can keep up the original plan for the rest of the cycle. I feel that will give us the best chance of  catching ovulation even if it decides to come early or late. 

Link to Chart, if any:

Just for fun, what was the funniest or worst thing that happened at thanksgiving dinner or on black friday shopping?  Family stories are always a laugh: 

So my grandmother is a functional alcoholic. It’s definitely created some tension but for the most part, she’s an eccentric, 86 year old who can drink her 20 year old grandsons under the table. She starts at 10 am and is pretty bombed by 4. A few years ago, a member of her bridge club  gifted her a pair of wooden nut holders that are shaped like a penis. Each one is a carved erect penis and you pour the nuts in the scrotum. Grams loved it. She spent the night calling her house the two dick on and made us make her a banner to hang on the door. Throughout dinner, she used one of the penises as a talking stick. You could only speak if you held the penis. Obviously, because she was wasted and she had a captive audience of nearly 40 people, she monologued for some time, gesturing wildly with this penis. I wish I could say it was out of the norm but the following year, she showed me her new blue negligee with the nipples cut out.  I love my grandma but there are some things you can’t unsee.

Post # 6
351 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
bloomingflower:  Thanks for starting this thread – I was going to if no one had by tonight and I’m sure you’ll be better at it than me!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/30

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 16

Ovulation Date: no idea – 16 days in and still no EWCM!  I used to get it obviously when we weren’t TTC.  Typical!

POAS Date: Ummm, maybe Dec 17

Usual Cycle Length: It’s been mucking around since we’ve been TTC, the cheeky bitch.  Last cycle was 37 days, before that 29 days, before that I didn’t count,but I remember it being a week later than expected.

Cycles Trying: 3

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): folate and iodine and sex ๐Ÿ™‚  Maybe OPKs next cycle.

Link to Chart, if any: no chart

Just for fun, what was the funniest or worst thing that happened at thanksgiving dinner or on black friday shopping? Family stories are always a laugh.  I’m Australian, so no thanksgiving for me, but I have another story.  I was going to make fish cakes with cauliflower rather than potato last week.  I bought what I thought was a whole cauliflower, went to take the outer leaves off and after about 4 layers realised I’d bought a cabbage!  Cooking fail… 

Post # 7
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Thanks for starting this!  Its my first roll call ๐Ÿ™‚

Your age/partner’s age: 37 / 35

Baby #:1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 15 / 2?

Ovulation Date: Nov 26 I think, waiting for FF to confirm

POAS Date: Dec 10

Usual Cycle Length: 26 days

Cycles Trying: 4

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, charting, prenatals

Link to Chart, if any:

Just for fun, what was the funniest or worst thing that happened at thanksgiving dinner or on black friday shopping? Family stories are always a laugh.

I am American, but live in Australia.  Last weekend a group of us decided to go out Thursday evening for dinner to have a celebration, even though its not a holiday here. So Thursday we went to dinner, had a great meal, and nobody remembered that it was thanksgiving all night.  Even I didn’t think about it until Friday, when one of my friends texted to apologise for forgetting to wish me a happy thanksgiving while we were at dinner.

Post # 8
493 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: both 30

Baby #: 2, my son is 15 months old

Current Cycle Day/DPO: cd 7

Ovulation Date: hopefully December 6

POAS Date: December 18 if I O when I should. I’m going to try to hold out until 12 DPO to avoid the squinting and hoping I’ve been doing the last few cycles. 

Usual Cycle Length: 30 days

Cycles Trying: hoping this is lucky #4! 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): pnv, tracking cm and cp, bd eod and ed right before O.  I may try opks this cycle but I’m worried it will give me something else to stress about! 

Link to Chart, if any: nada. I’m not temping at this point.  I still track in FF but it’s pretty boring. 

Just for fun, what was the funniest or worst thing that happened at thanksgiving dinner or on black friday shopping?

Nothing too interesting, but this year it was pretty stressful.  My husband is always hunting during thanksgiving so we never spend it together.  Keeping my son entertained with a different schedule was tough.  My uncle made him a really cool cardboard box fort complete with hinges and a T. rex that he made on his 3d printer.  My son loved it and that made up for some of the stress! 

Post # 9
1727 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 25 but turn 26 on the  8th and DH is already 26

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 24/2dpo

Ovulation Date: 11/25

POAS Date: 12/7

Usual Cycle Length: 32 and shrinking 

Cycles Trying: I believe this is 6 or maybe 5 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): bd timing, OPKs, prenatals  

Link to Chart, if any:

Just for fun, what was the funniest or worst thing that happened at thanksgiving dinner or on black friday shopping? 

My grandma and I got very competitive during a game we were playing. At one point she looked at me and said “you’re go down sucker!” We all laughed so hard! in the meantime while my mom was keeping score she was cheating my dad out of points! Lol

Post # 10
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 30/29

Baby #: 2, DS is 16 months old

Current Cycle Day/DPO: cd 11

Ovulation Date: Dec 3rd, I think

POAS Date: Dec 16th

Usual Cycle Length: 27 days

Cycles Trying: 3rd

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): bd ed or eod, prenatals, not doing opks this month as they were making me obsessed and I have a pretty good idea of my cycle now. 

Link to Chart, if any:

Just for fun, what was the funniest or worst thing that happened at thanksgiving dinner or on black friday shopping?  Family stories are always a laugh.

It’s only funny after the fact but my dad was toasting some pine nuts in the oven and forgot about them. The entire pan caught on fire. My dad was so startled he could barely even tell us what was going in. We finally heard him say “FIRE!” We rushed in the kitchen and he and my mom just kept fumbling around, startled, not sure what to do. DH and I put the fire out. A little bit of a scare, but we told them afterward that they are no good in a crisis situation.

Post # 11
469 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: Both 26

Baby #: First

Current cycle day/DPO: CD 6

Ovulation Date: No clue! My cycles have been wonky since coming off BC in August. Ive had a 28, 42 and 53 day cycle. If I have a normal length cycle then O date should be around December 4th. If i have another long cycle, Im thinking somewhere between December 12-26 haha.

POAS Date: Again, it depends on my cycle. Either December 16th ORRR December 30th. I know this is helpful ๐Ÿ˜›

Usual Cycle Length: umm between 42-53 days? 

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD Timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc): BD EOD, prenatals, going to try OPKs again and I also started charting just to see if I am even ovulating. 

Just for fun, what was the funniest or worst thing that happened at thanksgiving dinner or on black friday shopping? Family stories are always a laugh.

This one is tricky but I would say just having my mom and 2 aunts together. My mom is a twin and they have an older sister. When those 3 get together you cannot stop laughing. All they end up talking about is very crewd things (pooping, farting, etc). I dont understand why the conversations always turn to this but they do!

Post # 12
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I’m going to see if I can keep up with the thread this time around — it moves so fast!

Your age/partner’s age: 32/36

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD3

Ovulation Date: Dec 10 or so?

POAS Date: Dec. 23 (the morning before we go up to the inlaw’s for Christmas — got to know whether I can drink wine!)

Usual Cycle Length: 29ish days

Cycles Trying: this is #4

BFP Plan: I finally gave in and bought OPKs for this cycle. I’m planning to use SMEP (starting on CD10 when DH comes back from a trip). I was on the fence about starting PreSeed too, but I ended up not ordering it. Do any of you reccommend it? I sometimes have CM, but sometimes not. 

Link to Chart, if any: N/A

Just for fun, what was the funniest or worst thing that happened at thanksgiving dinner or on black friday shopping? Family stories are always a laugh. Nothing too crazy. We brought in an outdoor table from the backyard and DH melted it with a hot dish. Much rum was consumed, and my dad debated African politics despite not knowing anything about it. All fun! 

Post # 13
298 posts
Helper bee

So happy for this board – thanks for getting it started! Can’t believe it’s December already!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/30

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 25

Ovulation Date: not exactly sure I don’t use opk but accordingy to my app 11/17 or 18

POAS Date: POAS today it was negative Af is due 12/2 going to POAS 12/3 if she’s still a no show. If Af comes and is on time there’s a chance I’ll be able to POAS the end of December as well

Usual Cycle Length: 27-29 days

Cycles Trying: this is cycle 2 for us

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing even though last month was not the best, prenatala, and tracking cm

Link to Chart, if any: n/a

Just for fun, what was the funniest or worst thing that happened at thanksgiving dinner or on black friday shopping?  Family stories are always a laugh.

Worst thing that happened Thanksgiving I got a terrible stomach virus. Thought I just ate too much but ended up spending the entire night in the bathroom vomiting. No bueno. Our holiday was great though my family laughs a lot in general so we had an amazing time stuffing our faces and just being together.  

Good luck to all the Bees this month looking forward to many BFPs!!!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  MrsJet.
Post # 14
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

This is my first post on this board. So excited to join! I hope I can do this right……

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/30

Baby #: 1!

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD3 (just got my cycle after CD 108!!!)

Ovulation Date: if missing 108 days was a fluke, I expect ovulation around Dec. 9th maybe?

POAS Date: Christmas Day when AF is due

Usual Cycle Length: cycles were 28-30 days prior to this last crazy cycle. Did I say it was 108 days?!?!?! Lol

Cycles Trying: 1st. Just got married on 10/23 and DH was trying to get me pregnant before the wedding  I made sure to avoid that ๐Ÿ˜‰

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Other than prenatals just going with the flow? Trying not to put pressure on us since we’re just starting and my cycle was crazy

Link to Chart, if any: I’m only tracking my period on it for now? Was tracking temps but stopped after the last long cycle

This thanksgiving was pretty tame although we did have a riveting game of heads up! My grandmother is the loudest person ever along with singing/humming off key. It’s so hard to listen to other people giving u clues when she’s drowning out everybody lol

Post # 15
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/27

Current Cycle Day/DPO: cd18 3dpo

Ovulation Date: Nov 25

POAS Date: Dec 6

Usual Cycle Length: 27

Cycles Trying: 1st real cycle! 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): charting, preseed 

Link to Chart, if any: http://fertilityfriend.com/home/5f6f19/

Just for fun, what was the funniest or worst thing that happened at thanksgiving dinner or on black friday? I can’t think of funny or worst. Hubby and I decided to go to nyc this weekend so we went black Friday shopping in Times Square. It was so freaking packed but an awesome experience! Looking forward to getting to know you all while I’m on the ttc boards!

The topic ‘DECEMBER 2015 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors