December 2017 Babies

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 46
9172 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

Eliza_Bee :  i’m american too, so you are not the only one.

Post # 47
298 posts
Helper bee

Just wanted to drop by and wish everyone a happy and healthy 9 months from a December 2016 mom. Enjoy this special time it goes by so quick!!!

Post # 48
6785 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

Hello everyone! December 2015 mama wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy. I loved the winter snuggles.

Post # 49
305 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Eliza_Bee :  yesssss this is me right now! So excited and scared to lose it all at once!! Just staying positive until I’m given a reason not to! Which I don’t believe is going to happen!

Positive thoughts ladies! Long road ahead of us!

Thanks to the prior December mamas for all the love! xo

Post # 50
1225 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2017 - Hagakyrkan

FutureMrsTY :  

How far along are you? – 4,5 weeks

What is your estimated due date? – December 12th

How many cycles trying? – none…. This is a complete surprise 

When did you get your BFP? – April 14th… Yesterday… 

Who have you told? – only my two best friends. Husband knew from the start 🙂

When do you plan on telling more people? – at the end of the first trimester 

How did you tell your partner? – i showed him the test then we sat down on the floor together and laughed nervously… 

Any symptoms yet? – none!! I would almost like to feel something… 

What are you most excited about? – BAAAAABYYYYYYYYYY

When is your first appt? – not yet booked 

This is all insane 🙂 in the best way 

Post # 51
831 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Hey ladies! congratulations from a December  (turned November :)) 2016 mama! enjoy every minute 

Post # 52
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

ROLL CALL

How many cycles trying? – This is our 7th cycle

When did you get your BFP? – I think I’ve been watching super-duper squinters since 6dpo, but got my first faint-but-not-squinting-faint line on an FRER last night at 11dpo, April 13th.

Potential due date? – December 24th or 25th, depending on the app…  I used my opk ovulation date as the conception time, as that is the last day we had sex anywhere near my fertile zone, and I ovulated 4 days later than I was supposed to by my period timing.  One app uses the data of all of my cycles and whatnot that I have plugged in over time and gave me the same info, so I feel like it should be one of these days.

Who have you told? – Hubs and my mom, the latter of which was not impressed by my faint lines, haha.

When do you plan on telling more people? – 12 weeks for the majority, but I’ll tell one of my siblings and my Hubs’ parents in a week or two, if things stick.

How did you tell your partner? – He was keeping me company while I took the tests, and then I squealed and made him come look when the light FRER line came up pretty quickly…  We’ve had two CPs, the last being last cycle, so we both aren’t really letting ourselves get excited until it sticks around for a while.  The good news is that these lines are the darkest we’ve ever seen (never quite got out of the squinting gate), so here’s hoping this sticks!

Any symptoms yet? – Mmm, I try really hard not to symptom spot, but my low abdomen got kind of sore the day before my tests got a bit darker (some soreness last night and now, too), and I seem to get tiny acne on my nose like I did in puberty that I noticed with my last CP and this time.  Oh!–And I seem to be producing a ton of oil that is making my eyes burn by evening, which is not normal… So, there’s that, haha 🙂

What are you most excited about? – Right now, we are most excited about the moment when I miss my whole period (would start in two days) and the lines get darker and darker…  So, the moment when we feel we’ve really eclipsed the CP timeframe.

When is your first appt? – Don’t have one, but I really don’t know if I’ll want one before 8 weeks.  I’ll call by end of next week, if things are looking good.

Post # 53
4245 posts
Honey bee

Welcone to the new mamas!

Who here plans on finding out if they’re having a boy or a girl? I 100% am, I’m just too nosy/too much of a planner not to. I don’t do well with surprises. 

Post # 54
168 posts
Blushing bee

ClaudiaKishi :  We will be, too, and early, if I can help it.  I want to do the one blood test that tells you genetic info and the sex–Harmony, I think?  We plan on my husband finding out first, and then telling me in his own way.

Are you hoping for a specific gender?  I never wanted a girl until the recent years, but everyone feels it’s pretty set that we’ll have a boy when we have a kid as that is all the males seem to produce on my husband’s side.

Post # 55
9172 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

ClaudiaKishi :  we were team green with DS.  Darling Husband wanted to find out, i didn’t.  i told him it was very important to me for many reasons not to find out the first time but it could be his choice for the 2nd. he ended up loving being team green. 

my preference is to still be team green.  but Darling Husband wants to find out and me not to know.  i said either we find out or we don’t.  i wouldn’t want him to tease me, let it slip, or be planning for something that i don’t know.  so we aren’t in a rush to find out, but we will see. 

Post # 56
670 posts
Busy bee

Was so excited about having fellow canadians on this board that I forgot to do roll call!

How far along are you? – almost 6 weeks

What is your estimated due date? – Estimated around December 6

How many cycles trying? – Six last year. First cycle this year – so very unexpected

When did you get your BFP? – April 2nd

Who have you told? – Darling Husband, Sister

When do you plan on telling more people? – After the dating ultrasound

How did you tell your partner? – We were having thai takeout and the dish I normally order (and love) I kept spitting out. I asked him to try some and he did and told me nothing was wrong with it but that I should take a test. I did and it lit up like a christmas tree, I showed it to him right after. Then we got 3 more tests and they all turned positive.

Any symptoms yet? – food adversions and light morning sickness (nausea) since week 5 hit

What are you most excited about? – getting to share my life with another human being

When is your first appt? – had first at 4.5, dating ultrasound for week 7/8 ish

Post # 57
4245 posts
Honey bee

LIKE-A-BOSS :  I’ll be completely honest and say yes, I’m hoping for a girl. So I would need time to mentally adjust if the baby is a boy- right after giving birth is not the time I want to do that, haha. 

ajillity81 :  Our close friends are team green and I admit, I do kind of envy them for that moment of finding out. But, I know myself and I just can’t do it! I’m too nosy 😛

Post # 58
9172 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

ClaudiaKishi :  our nursery is primary colors and was going to be that way boy or girl, so it didn’t matter to me.  i bought a few items and 2 gender neutral going home outfits.  DS ended up arriving 3 weeks early and i had a friend go out and buy me premie clothes since everything i had was too big anyway.

Post # 59
168 posts
Blushing bee

ClaudiaKishi :  Yep, I get you.  I very much want a girl; actually, I wouldn’t mind having all girls now (if I have more), which is a complete 360 from wanting all boys until a few years ago.  We’ll see how it goes.

It is sooo strange that all of this is already decided…  Some part of me wants to think it’s not set until you get test results, kind of like pulling lottery numbers or something, haha 😉

Post # 60
4245 posts
Honey bee

ajillity81 :  Our nursery will be pretty gender neutral too, even when we do find out. I kind of hate how baby things are always so gendered. The room is already a pretty green color and while it’s not my favorite, I think I’ll just leave it and decorate around it.

LIKE-A-BOSS :  Right? Well, there’s a 50-50 chance so I’m just crossing my fingers. I know you’re not supposed to admit you prefer one over the other, but…I just always imagined myself as a mom to a girl (or girls). So of course, I feel like I’ll definitely have a boy 😛

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors