December 2017 Brides unite!

posted 1 year ago in December 2017
Post # 46
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

YES! It just set in – until like 3 days ago I thought we were still +6 months out and then a coworker corrected me.  We’re going wedding ring shopping tomorrow, then the last task is getting our paperwork done at the Mexican embassy (DW).  AHHH! and YAYYYYY!!!

Post # 48
1122 posts
Bumble bee

nyebridemd :  Myslight anxiety started about a week ago….I had the first bridal shower this past Saturday – feeling the love from my coworkers! My family one is September 30th, and because of timing we are having the bachelorette party on September 23rd. I know I don’t have much to do, but I feel like I am missing EVERYTHING. 

I can’t choose a damn father-daughter dance for some reason for the life of me! 

Nightmare? I have had one and it was about a month or so ago. The plan for our wedding day is to do the first look and we aren’t getting married in a church. The nightmare starts out with me standing behind a curtain thing in a church with my hair straight because we didn’t have enough time for me to do it (it will be curled and partly pinned back so the front isn’t in my face)…which also means we didn’t have any time to do the first look. My dad is standing in the middle of the aisle waiting for me to walk to him instead of waiting with me. Everyone is standing. There are two guys who I can only assume are ushers (we aren’t having any) standing behind him. Apparently when the dream started everyone had already walked to the front. There are people who I don’t even talk to (some I haven’t since highschool) that I didn’t invite kneeling out into the aisle taking pictures of me walking in. I look up to see my fiance’s jaw drop and smile with his mouth wide open, him do a small fist pump and wipe a tear away (PERFECT). We walk up to the front and the music is so loud I can’t hear myself think….but I can hear my sister talking above it because for some reason she is standing right next to us as soon as we get to the front, and saying someone’s mom or aunt still owes her $300 from her wedding in April. I look at her and do the “shhh” signal and kind of shoo her away and she continues to talk up there. The music stops and I start to worry about my hair not being done, and wonder if I should make everyone wait and at least go curl it since my sister is still talking. And then I woke up. Not horrible but it’s annoying lol. I was surprisinly calm about it all in my dream. 

Post # 49
205 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - Baltimore. MD.

About 3 months to go ladies. How is preparation coming along?

I’ve finally sorted out catering, making final arrangements with the DJ, still working of wedding favors with FI, dress fitting will be in October, haven’t sorted out wedding party gifts and excitedly waiting patiently for December.

Post # 50
126 posts
Blushing bee

85 days to go and Just. So. Excited!!!!!!!

Post # 51
227 posts
Helper bee

We ordered favours last week, and I’m now having a lot of fun choosing gifts. I can’t believe we are the 3 month mark already! I’m excited that everything is starting to come around so quickly.

Post # 52
1176 posts
Bumble bee

This thread makes me feel so far behind. Just have to remember that everything happens at a different pace here.

We’ve got our reception venue booked but no extra chairs or tables yet (what they have won’t be enough). Half the invitations have been made. I’ve bought fabric for my dress but not been to the tailor yet. Picked bridesmaids and groomsmen but not picked fabric for them yet. Sorted decorations for the church but not the reception. Fiancé’s suit is picked and just needs paid for. Rings are sorted. We know what we want for the meal but not sure yet who is cooking it or buying ingredients etc…

So much to do still!

Post # 53
13 posts
Newbee

sensoda :  I feel you! We felt good about our progress until we went in for our meeting with our venue coordinator a couple weeks ago.  We had got engaged this past March, narrowed down a date and venue in June and since then made casual progress on everything else. We pretty much answered all our coordinator’s questions with either “we havent decided yet” or “we really don’t care” I’m not sure if she was more relieved or flustered by our carefree planning. HAHA. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors