(Closed) December 2017 POAS

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 32
3198 posts
Sugar bee

AquariusLove :  we do, and my birthday is the same week, so fun stuff, but I don’t really shop. I think maybe we’ll go skiing or something.

danakxox :  great info thanks!

Post # 33
89 posts
Worker bee

garnobella :  I had a cyst that was embedded in there and it was causing a whole mess of crazy in there. I was presented with three options, since nothing was clearly moving on its own. Option one was a shot in the rear with a progesterone cocktail. My ob said that this shot would be incredibly painful and I wouldn’t be able to sit for days. Option two was two weeks of horsepills to take the place of the shot. Option three was a uterine scraping to get everything out. I opted for the pills, as they seemed the least painful. AF arrived yesterday (finally) and it’s literally like having a period on steriods. My OB said that the bleeding can last for two weeks, and to take a pain reliever every four to six hours without fail. I’m relieved that things are finally moving, but today I am really wishing that my place of work allowed for period leave. Thankfully, I have tomorrow off and I can stay home. 

Post # 34
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I am hesitant to roll call, because it is very likely my period will come early at the end of November, but I’m going to try to be optimistic that Christmas will come early and I’ll get my BFP early Dec!!

Your age/partner’s age:  31 / 33

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD9

Ovulation Date: Nov 20/21

POAS Date: Dec 2 – I have short LP’s so I’ll be extatic if I can get till then without AF!

Usual Cycle Length: 27-28 days

Cycles Trying:

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): All of the above!

Trying anything new this month? I just saw my OB-GYN who said to “relax”, try not to treat getting pregnant like a job, and have fun enjoying sex. As much as that makes me want to punch her in the face, I am going to try hard to have more sex, and try to make it more fun and less stressful for hubby. 

Link to your chart if charting: N/A

For fun: What is your favorite holiday beverage and/or candle scent? I’m all about hot chocolate this time of year. No specific candle, but I’m looking forward to fresh christmas tree smell!

Post # 35
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Hi everyone! I used to be so active on these boards and im so happy to be back. We’ve been NTNP since the summer with no luck so we’re actively trying now. I already have a Dear Daughter that just turned 2 in October and it took us awhile so hoping this time around its less stressful! I used FF to track the first time around but now use Ovia 🙂

Your age/partner’s age: 32/32

Baby #: 2 ( we have a 2 y/o daughter)

Current Cycle Day/DPO: cd 9

Ovulation Date: November  20

POAS Date: Dec 2

Usual Cycle Length: 27-28 days

Cycles Trying: actively trying 1

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): ALL OF THESE!

Trying anything new this month? nope 

Link to your chart if charting: 

For fun: What is your favorite holiday beverage and/or candle scent? Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks

Post # 36
1308 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

garnobella :  Iʻm an obsesser too! The book is called Get Ready to Get Pregnant ! I highly recommend it! I bought the Impatient Womanʻs Guide to Getting Pregnant as well but the getting ready book was far superior IMO.

AquariusLove :  After all the BDʻing i got a nasty yeast infection and the azoʻs really helped!! Normally I would just get monostat but thereʻs mixed opinions on whether the monostat inserts impede the egg and implantation so I didnʻt wanna risk it. I asked several pharmacists and they really didnʻt know so I just took azo and used the exterior itch creams.

Post # 37
2473 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Your age/partner’s age:  37/32

Baby #:  2

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD2

Ovulation Date:  11/20 (I hope)…..had a CP in Oct and it kinda screwed up my O date 

POAS Date: 12/2 (well see when O comes)

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days 

Cycles Trying: 3rd 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.):  charting, BD timing, prenatals, preseed

Trying anything new this month? Preseed 

Link to your chart if charting:   https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4e9bb4   

For fun: What is your favorite holiday beverage and/or candle scent? Eggnog and spiced rum 

Post # 38
2473 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

danakxox :  whats azo yeast for?

edit: nvm I just saw your reply above haha

Post # 39
2126 posts
Buzzing bee

mrssanfran15 :  Jeepers you poor thing! Feel free to vent in here as often as you need, sounds like a crappy time. Where do you work? I remember working at the butchery was always hard when I was cramping because you’re on your feet all day. In the office I could curl up with a hot water bottle to take the edge off while I got my work done. Hopefully your work situation gives you at least a little bit of comfort. Take care of yourself, bee. Xx

danakxox :  aw yaaass! I just bought that book, waiting for the courier to turn up with it! I’m pleased you’re enjoying it. It’s always good to feel like you’re doing *somethung* to help. Especially for those of us who are obsessive control freaks 😂

missmandy7 :  I’m kind of thinking mine will come at the end of November too, but hopefully no AF for us this month or next! We’re on cycle 6, and trying to relax and make sex more fun this month as well. BFP twins?! 

Post # 40
1308 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

shanbp :  let me know if you have any questions. I didnt do super thorough research on it but I can share my experience, i hadnʻt had a yeast infection in so long coupled with the ttc part, i was in a crunch for a couple days.

garnobella :  books are my zen when itʻs on a topic Iʻm currently into. They make me feel like Iʻm taking control of the situation by educating myself on what I want. Iʻm also a serious lender, “oh youʻre doing x right now? hold on i have a book on it! here you go!” haha I lent out my “what to expect before youʻre expecting” when my friend divulged they wanted to start ttc and my marriage at the time was ending, I ended up buying that book back just recently for my journey. I havent gone too far into it though. 

Post # 41
89 posts
Worker bee

garnobella :  I work in higher education, so I have an office and a wonderful hot water bottle. I spent the day curled up with a cup of ginger tea, and rode it out as best I could. I’m crampy, drained, and I am super uncomfortable, but I’m incredibly relieved that the pills are working. I was petrified that the doctor was going to have to take more invasive action. 

Post # 42
4097 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

AquariusLove :  Oh man, good question! 

Honestly, I don’t really care that much. It took us 15 months to get pregnant with our son, so my bigger concern is if we even CAN. We also have a wedding we’re both in next November, so we’re probably going to TTC for Nov and Dec, then take a break for at least a month or two and just NTNP. I’m expecting it to take a while again, and the longer it takes the shorter amount of time I have to pay for 2 kids in daycare, soooo…that’s not necessarily the worst, lol.

Post # 43
2126 posts
Buzzing bee

danakxox :  Completely agree! I like how these books don’t change too much either. I had a huge stack of bridal magazines that I wanted to give to a friend, but none of them are even engaged yet! I ended up giving them to my cousin’s fiancée because bridal trends come and go, so there’s not much use in holding on to them. How typical is that?! Let me know what you end up thinking about ‘what to expect before you’re expecting’. I have ‘what to spect when you’re expecting’ which has a little bit of TTC info in it, but not much. I don’t really love how it’s set out bit by bit. I like a hook I can sit and read all the way through. I suppose that will be more useful during actual pregnancy though, to be able to read about each stage as it happens. 

mrssanfran15 :  I’m pleased you have a job that doesn’t make your situation even worse. I’m sorry you’re having to go through so much pain (and going through that pain is so exhausting) but thank goodness it is working! I have coeliacs which went undiagnosed for a long time, when they did my endoscopy they said my intestines had ‘cracked’, so I know what it’s like to be curled up in immense pain and not being able to shift it. 

Post # 44
89 posts
Worker bee

garnobella :  oh my goodness! I am so sorry you went through that! I haven never heard of cacked intestines, but it sounds like something no one should ever go through! 

Post # 45
735 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Backyard

I’ve been on WB since before getting engaged and am super stoked to finally be joining the TTC boards! We’ve been married 2.5 years, together for 9 and finally are all set to have a family. I’ve been off birth control and using FAM for 2 years. We have a pretty sluggish sex life but are as ready as we’ll ever be to start a family so I’m hoping now that the pressure to avoid pregnancy is gone, our sex life will come back to life! It’s also a bit of a struggle because I work 12 hr nights and will probably be ovulating next week in the middle of a stretch of shifts…so I’m going to try my best to let things happen naturally but I can’t help wishing to be pregnant for Christmas!

Anyways,

Your age/partner’s age: 30/36

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 9

Ovulation Date: Nov 16 ish

POAS Date: Dec 2

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days

Cycles Trying: 1st one!

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, trying to have sex sometime next week when my CM changes.

Trying anything new this month? 1st time trying! So having sex in my fertile window will be new!

Link to your chart if charting: I haven’t been very good about temping because I work night shift and my sleep is all over the place but I have always had really clear CM changes and usually ovulation pain, and my cycles are always 27-30 days long.

For fun: What is your favorite holiday beverage and/or candle scent? I used to love Starbucks caramel brûlée latte but I don’t know if they make them anymore? Otherwise, Christmas Tree scent is my favorite go – to candle scent for the holidays though I won’t be bringing them out until after Thanksgiving…for now it’s all about the pumpkin spice much to my husband‘s dismay lol…

The topic ‘December 2017 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors