(Closed) December 2017 POAS

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 48
1371 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

garnobella :  Everytime I see you post I feel like you’re some long lost relative or something. 😂 My maiden name name was Garn.  

Post # 49
4060 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

AquariusLove :  well tbh they’re definitely the only people we’d do that for. They’ve been our best friends for years, and are godparents to our son!

Post # 50
438 posts
Helper bee

I have a question about AF. I’m CD 5, AF is near the end. But it was SO light. The bleeding was all (TMI) dark as a normal period, not pink or brown like spotting, but it was barely enough for a regular tampon and I didn’t have any light ones on hand. But I could also have gotten away with just wearing a light pad probably. I have no cramps or symptoms. Nothing. My first period after mirena was very light and I hadn’t had a period the whole time on it. The next one was horrific, I bled through a tampon, crazy cramps, everything. But that may have been more associated with the ectopic, right? I don’t know what’s happening! In all my years of AF before this and the mirena it was definitely heavier the second and third day.

Post # 51
2474 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Excited guys, getting my Amazon shipment of opks tomorrow! I’ll be CD6 tomorrow so I’ll prob do a few testers this week to get a baseline 

Post # 52
720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Backyard

nursebee22 :  every now and then I will have a lighter period like you described, followed usually by a heavier one the next month. I think it’s normal for periods to be different like that every now and then. 

Post # 54
3199 posts
Sugar bee

shanbp :  I just ordered some too, so much for not being crazy month one…

So, got the IUD removed, and now I’m just waiting to see for sure that hubby is ready to start trying. Quite a different thing to say ‘I’m ready ‘ and another to do the deed.

AquariusLove :  I think the 15th will be the longest I can hold out- if my cycle stays on track to what I expect. Should have a definitive answer though…

Post # 55
438 posts
Helper bee

AquariusLove :  Hoping it’s not a big issue. But they’ve been pretty light like this since I started gettingAF again after the ectopic. Again, I don’t really remember what they were like before mirena because it had been three years and I never kept track of it before, but I am certain it was heavier than this. Although I guess we got pregnant after a very light cycle after the mirena. Except it implanted in the tube and not the uterus. IDK. It’s probably not an issue but TTC is so weird so who knows

Post # 56
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2017

So I’m brand new to the boards! I lurked for YEARS, especially when planning our wedding. But reading all of these TTC boards really pushed me to post so I can share this journey with you guys and not drive the rest of the people in my life crazy! 

Here we go…

Your age/partner’s age: 27/32

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: Ovia has me around 11/22-11/27

POAS Date: 12/06

Usual Cycle Length: I’ve been very irregular since I’ve been on Mirena. This last cycle was 38 days. 

Cycles Trying: This is our first cycle actively trying. My IUD was removed last Wednesday, and my period came yesterday! 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): I’ve been taking prenatals with extra folic acid since July. I’ve downloaded Olia and also purchased OPKs as we get closer. If this cycle isn’t sucessful, I’m debating on buying Ava bracelet. 

Trying anything new this month? Trying for a baby is pretty damn new! I’m nervous, but excited. I alternate between I WANT A BABY and HOLY SH!T WHAT AM I DOING? I’m guessing this is normal…

For fun: What is your favorite holiday beverage and/or candle scent? Holiday beverage would be The Praline Latte at Starbucks. For Candles… Anything sugar cookie related. I love the baking scents! 

Thank you for letting me join this amazing community of ladies. I’m so excited to have somewhere to get all of these feelings out in the open and not feel so obsessive in my own head. 

Post # 57
2474 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

AquariusLove :  I got a 40 pack opks + 10 pregnancy tests! It was the best deal I saw. I got them today and I peed on one just now (only CD) and it’s a lot darker then I expected for this CD 😂 

Post # 58
475 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Your age/partner’s age: 34/34

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 4

Ovulation Date: Estimated CD 14 (Nov 23), but I’m on the fence about trying OPK’s this cycle.

POAS Date: December 5 (estimated 12 dpo)

Usual Cycle Length: 27-29 days

Cycles Trying: 3 (in this round of TTC), Total of 7 now TTC for #2 (1 CP, 1 MC)

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): The plan for this month is to try to maximize odds by having lots of sex, we’re shooting for every day from CD9-20 (I might not be walking by CD 20, but it’s a small price to pay if we get our BFP).

Trying anything new this month? Considering OPK’s, but probably as mentioned above, just going to have LOTS of sex.

Link to your chart if charting: 

For fun: What is your favorite holiday beverage and/or candle scent? I love homemade egg nog (I’ve made a few batches already, however I haven’t been drinking for the month of November, so I’ve had less of it/only in hot coffee as it has uncooked eggs.

Post # 59
790 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

what the heck! I had a positive OPK on Saturday, One week early 🙁 my husband was away this weekend for work and the last time we BD’d was on the 6th! so chances are good i’m out for this cycle sadly . Still keeping my fingers crossed!

Post # 60
3199 posts
Sugar bee

haveababybymebaby :  welcome! You sound way more prepared than me. We only recently decided to start, so now I’m catching up with the prep work.

i felt more nervous before we committed than I do now, but maybe that is because we haven’t had unprotected sex during my fertile time yet haha. 

Lucky for me, a few of our friends are at this stage, or are pregnant, or wanting to get to this stage, so I can talk to them about it.

bjenmomma :  that sounds delicious!

mrsalexander :  sorry lady! Hope it was a fluke and it works out!

The topic ‘December 2017 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors