(Closed) December 2017 POAS

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 76
139 posts
Blushing bee

Welp, I’m back after taking last cycle off! Praying for my turkey baby…

Your age/partner’s age: 31/32

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: Between 11/28-11/30

POAS Date: 12/15 

Usual Cycle Length: 29 days

Cycles Trying: This is number 4

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Following SMEP again, OPKs, prenatals, fish oil, maca root

Trying anything new this month? Going to actually try charting this time

For fun: What is your favorite holiday beverage and/or candle scent? Eggnog and peppermint hot cocoa

Post # 77
547 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’m hoping it doesn’t kill the mood, but we’re getting ‘sciencey’ this time around. I just ordered Pre-Seed, SoftCups and Mucinex.

My plan is from CD 10 – CD 18 to BD daily, take 600mg of Mucinex 2x/day, and to use softcups for 4 hours to overnight following BD.  I thought about using OPK’s, but have decided that if we can BD daily, we’re just as well off, plus it’s less stress for me.

Post # 78
2125 posts
Buzzing bee

Dr_dazzle :  huh! That’s so funny! My Garn is part of my DH’s nickname for me. I just added the ‘Obella’ because I have always loved ‘Bella’ names. If we have a daughter she will probably be Isabella. I see we’re peeing on a stick on the same day, so maybe this is the universe saying we’re going to get our BFPs together? (I can hope, right?!) πŸ˜‰ 

Post # 79
2125 posts
Buzzing bee

Is this a faulty/invalid OPK? The control line doesn’t look nearly as dark as yesterday’s. Sorry if this is huge but…

Compared to yesterday’s..

And please excuse the vanity – we have so much dust right now it takes daily wiping and dusting to keep everything clean! 

ETA: turns out I’m the faulty one! I just put today’s stick next to yesterday’s stick and the control lines are pretty much the same. Today’s is slightly pinker than yesterday’s, but no lighter. Both used FMU

Post # 80
1308 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

If I dont even get a squinter or if AF shows up, this shirt is happening

Post # 81
1370 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

garnobella :  Be happy it’s just part of a nickname. When it was my last name people would be all “How do you spell that?” “Is it spelled Garner/Gains/etc.” seriously how hard is it? I’d always end up telling people “It’s like Barn but with a G” πŸ™„πŸ˜‚

And yes lets both get our bfp’s this month. I’m more than ready to jump off the ttc train.

Post # 82
4095 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Ladies, can I ask opinions?

I only started temping on Monday (couldn;’t find my BBT thermometer!), and I didn’t know what CD I was since I just got my IUD out a week ago, and wasn’t getting a period. My temps on Mon and Tues were consistent with pre-o temps from when I was charting before my son.

I peed on OPKS since Monday, at least 2x a day and came really close to a positive last night, but not quite there.

However, between yesterday and today my temps have gone up by .6 (Celsius), and are consistent with my post-o temps from pre-baby.

So would you assume I o’ed? I know it’s not *really* enough data….OPK this morning was neg.

Post # 83
5088 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2014

Your age/partner’s age: 29/33

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD3

Ovulation Date: 12/1

POAS Date: 12/15

Usual Cycle Length: 31

Cycles Trying: 4

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals. OPKs. 

Trying anything new this month? Been feeling a little lackluster about the whole thing. Just going with the flow, minimal fussing about things. 

Link to your chart if charting: NA

For fun: What is your favorite holiday beverage and/or candle scent? I like pine scented things. I don’t really have a favorite beverage, I like all the non-coffee ones. 

Post # 84
1370 posts
Bumble bee

saratiara2 :  I’d say you probably have O’ed. More likely if your temp is still up tomorrow. Are your opks still dark or are they lighter now?

Post # 85
2125 posts
Buzzing bee

danakxox :  Yaasss πŸ™Œ 

Dr_dazzle :  Ugh, I know the feeling! My maiden name I always had to spell out and people would still get it wrong. My married name isn’t the easiest either, so frustrating. Some days I envy “Smith” and “Jones” surnames πŸ˜‚ Come on universe, we’re ready! 

Post # 86
777 posts
Busy bee

Can I get your opinions on my OPKs? I’ve been feeling crampy today and I would say I’m getting pretty close/already have EWCM and I would say my second line is almost as dark as the first.. I’ve been testing every day of my fertile window at 5pm but wondering if I should start testing twice a day? I’m worried that maybe I will miss my positive? According to my app my ovulation date isn’t until this Saturday! But here are my pics! First one is 3 minutes after, 2nd is 5 minutes beside the other OPKs!

Maybe someone can explain something to me.. when I get a positive it means I’m going to ovulate in 24 hours? Regardless we are BDing every day until Saturday morning when I have to fly home! I just don’t want to miss this opportunity.. I spent 1,000 dollars on a plane ticket to get it hahahah

Post # 87
1370 posts
Bumble bee

MamaWilson :  I think you can O anywhere from 12-48 hours after a positive opk. I normally O the next day.

garnobella :  My married name is a bit easier, but most people switch the E for an A. 

Post # 88
2125 posts
Buzzing bee

MamaWilson :  I’ve heard 12-72 hours after a +OPK you can expect O. Buuut that isn’t precise, pretty sure you can get the LH surge (which makes the OPK +) and O can still be delayed. Once you get a + make sure you BD for a few days just to be sure.  Remember you can BD for the few days before a + and sperm may survive to meet the egg. 

None of your tests look positive to me yet, getting closer though. When mine start getting darker (like your last one) I test in the morning and in the evening. It’s also probably best to photograph them at the same time point so you can see apple with apples 😊

Dr_dazzle :  Ugh, can’t win! Lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

Post # 90
4 posts
Wannabee

Your age/partner’s age: 30/31

Baby #: 1!

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 5

Ovulation Date: Nov 28-30

POAS Date: Dec 15

Usual Cycle Length: 29~30 days

Cycles Trying: 2nd

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Charting, Prenatals

Trying anything new this month? May purchase Preseed, still haven’t decided

Link to your chart if charting: 

For fun: What is your favorite holiday beverage and/or candle scent? I enjoy having some Eggnog during the holidays

The topic ‘December 2017 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors