(Closed) December 2017 POAS

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 901
9396 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
AquariusLove : yep! Eventually almost all of us will get lucky–especially since most of us pursue medical intervention after 8-12 tries.

FX that’s sooner rather than later, for all of us. xo

View original reply
anev :  I sometimes get frustrated with how long my thermometer takes, too!  I assume it’s in order to get better precision?

Wow, spotting through CD9?  That suuucks.

Post # 902
402 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

View original reply
anev :  Mine takes quite a long time too! I think it must be an accuracy thing!

Post # 903
2466 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Holy smokes I have a few pages to catch up on 😂

Post # 904
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Pretty sure I’m out! AF is supposed to show tomorrow and I started spotting today. It was light pink after sex last night, a small amount today, and is now a brown discharge. 

Post # 905
1586 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

View original reply
AquariusLove :  That is very true. I’ve been getting excited because I feel like we did everything “right” this cycle in terms of timing – then I remember that all of us ladies are doing everything ‘right’ and we don’t all have BFPs 🙁 it’s so hard not to get angry about putting so much effort in and not getting the result you want.

Post # 906
7558 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
anev :  My thermometer sometimes does this too. It’s weird. Sometimes it will be super fast, like 20 seconds, and other times I swear it takes like a full 3 minutes before it beeps. I dunno…I think BBT thermometers use some fancy formulas to account for stuff like the temperature of the air you’re breathing in……which is why it sometimes takes an eternity.

Post # 907
2168 posts
Buzzing bee

Here’s my chart—can’t tell what to make of it this month. The temps pre-O were a little sporadic due to Thanksgiving and not temping at the exact same time for about 2 days there/ drinking. FF did NOT like that, and has reminded me over and over again that my “Rocky Mountain Chart” means nothing is really accurate this month. So, I get it FF—there were 2 temps in there 2 weeks ago that didn’t jive with your algorithms.

That said, I HAVE had a slow rise on temps, so that has been somewhat concerning since I’m not seeing any spikes or dips here and there. AF is due in 4 days (Friday), and I generally have my temps drop 2-3 days prior… so the next couple of mornings will determine if I even test or POAS this month. I’m re-stocked, but don’t want to waste any if it looks like I will def be out L

The only symptoms I have right now are no symptoms. No soreness, unusual exhaustion, cramping, spotting, acne, etc. Which I know doesn’t mean anything, because I have all of those months prior and got BFNs. The only thing that is a liiiiiittle weird is that at 4 days pre- AF, I am already starting to get PMS symptoms like soreness, a breakout, hunger, etc. I had a very mild headache yesterday—but I get those all the time, nothing unusual there.

And my overlay from last month:

Post # 908
7558 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
fromatoz :  Your chart looks good. I agree that the next 2 days will be telling. If your temp is still elevated on 11dpo I would get pretty excited and probably bust out the FRER.

I also think the fact that you usually have symptoms like exhaustion, acne etc. by now, and do not have any this time, could certainly be construed as promising! 

ETA: I also would not be remotely concerned about the lack of spikes/dips! Look at that mindfuck of a dip you had last cycle…which ended up meaning nothing. 

Post # 909
2168 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
tiffanybruiser :  Right?! Last cycle jaded me sooooo much haha. I told myself I wouldn’t POAS until Friday no matter what.

tongue-out

Mmmmk, we will see if that happens!!

Post # 910
473 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

I POAS and had a bfn yesterday which really bummed me out. Didn’t even have a squinter! I’m getting frustrated with the limbo of not knowing and was pretty down so I’m not taking a test today and taking one tomorrow. Day 39, mild twinges of cramps throughout the day yesterday here and there, super tired and emotional. I bought myself flowers from the grocery store and made a few arrangements for myself while making dinner which did help.

Hoping for some sort of answer after my gynecologist appointment tomorrow after school! I had made it when we first started ttc because I didn’t have an obgyn and knew I needed one. Crossing my fingers the timing with help end this limbo!

Post # 911
7558 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
singingbee5 :  Sorry about the BFN bee – those stark white tests are definitely depressing. But you aren’t out til you’re out! FX you get your BFP very soon!

Post # 912
1120 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
fromatoz :  haha agreed with you and @tiffanybruiser – the only thing I’ve learned through this process is that the only ‘symptom’ that means anything is a positive HPT 😂

FX so hard for you!

Post # 913
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
anev :  I thought I was the only one! My thermometer takes at least 3 mins every day! Sometimes I nearly fall back asleep waiting for the beep!

Post # 914
493 posts
Helper bee

Day 38 of my cycle – someone please help!!! Second cycle after D and C so obviously not ovulating same time as usual… I have never temped or tracked…we just have sex everyday to cover all the bases so that we don’t stress about that.  Curious – getting acid reflux the last 3 days, thicker discharge (TMI?) and a bit of sensation to what i think could be cramps??? I have never had cramps… or any period symptoms (even after the D and C). – do these sound like pre ovulation, ovulation or implantation symptoms?? Tested yesterday BFN…. wondering how long to wait before I test again…. 

Post # 915
638 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

So many new posts!!  I haven’t updated here, since I’ve been out of town all weekend, and the Bee on my phone isn’t my idea of a good time.

AF arrived – making this my second 28 day cycle in a row (they’d been a bit shorter for the first few months off birth control), so I guess that’s a positive.  I’ll roll call in the January board, as my new POAS day is January 4th.

The topic ‘December 2017 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors