(Closed) December 2017 POAS

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 976
467 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

View original reply
amanda1988 :  Dr_dazzle :  

Thanks for the welcome and tips! Hubby and I were really aiming to start TTC in January, but abruptly gave it a go this month after I Googled statistics on getting pregnant. Never knew the stat was so low! Lol. 30% chance on a good day for a healthy couple, and then 75% chance of having that pregnancy stick? What the heck. How was I even born. 

Anyway, because we started so abruptly, I didn’t have any ovulation kit or anything. Luckily, I started taking prenatal vitamins in November, and I have been keeping a calendar for my menstrual cycle for few years. Though now that we gave it a go, I cannot tell if we have a good chance this month or not. For instance, I always thought I was regular, but then when I actually flipped through my records on the app, I noticed my cycle ranges from 26 days to 29 days (there was one odd 23 day also), and actual period lasting 3-5 days. So…I feel like based on the symptoms I had, I ovulated on the 4th….but on average, I should’ve ovulated on the 8th….and we BDed on 4th, 7th, and 9th. So maybe this month is a no go. I don’t know. Additionally, I feel like I’m going mental, thinking I have all these weird “symptoms”. Can’t tell if I am really feeling them or I am making myself feel them.

Crazy. I didn’t think TTC will be this much of a rollercoaster ride. I thought it would just be clear and straightforward! 

Post # 977
9396 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

I’d say 26-29 is pretty darn regular.  That’s a 3 day difference in ovulation, maybe less since your luteal phase can vary by a day or so. 23 days is the only odd one out.

Some women do find ttc very easy.. they just don’t think much about it. Pull the goalie, have lots of frequent sex, and most people will end up pregnant after a few months.  

GL, and don’t sweat it if this month doesn’t happen … Consider it a freebie since you started early 😉

Post # 979
3195 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
Redholix :  welcome! Isn’t it amazing how much you learn when you start really wanting to get pregnant?

Post # 980
1394 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

DH had his SA done today! I’m really hoping everything is good with him. Poor guy was super stressed afterwards think that he must be the ready we haven’t gotten a bfp yet. He was all “I just don’t want you to hate me” 

I have another appointment tomorrow, I’m hoping they can tell us the results of his SA then. 

Post # 981
9396 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
Dr_dazzle :  luckily if it’s him you guys have some very effective options! Fx everything comes back normal, of course !

Post # 982
2169 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
Dr_dazzle :  Awww, well hopefully he comes back with good news and it wasn’t TOO stressful. My DH has his in 2 weeks and I’m damn near giddy about it haha.

Post # 983
1394 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
fromatoz :  I am happy he finally got it done! Like I’ve already gotten poked with 3 needles, 3 ultrasound wands, and had dye injected into my uterus. His turn! Lol. 

Post # 984
473 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Well…guess I’m officially not pregnant after all. While giving the urine sample at the obgyn I started bleeding. I had a negative test there and he said during my pap that it looks like I am definitely about to start. So, either the very faint positive I had this morning was false, or it didn’t stick and I had a CP that caused me to have a 40 day cycle when I’m usually a 30-32. I know it wasn’t an evap because it showed up within three minutes. 

DH and I are going to have wine tonight for the first time in a few weeks and then try again late December. 

Post # 985
1120 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
singingbee5 :  I’m so sorry hun. Enjoy the crap outta that wine, and best of luck next month!

Post # 986
473 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
sleepymelis :  thanks, I’m just starting on my second glass. 🍷 We’re sad, but taking comfort in knowing that I can get pregnant if a CP is the case (which I have a sneaky suspicion is, though I didn’t ask for a blood test) and that we’ll be able to try again around Christmas time and still be able to enjoy the holiday season without being in limbo and emotional wondering whether or not I’m pregnant. I’ll also be able to sing at a friends wedding in August without wondering whether or not I’ll pop at the ceremony!

Post # 987
1263 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

So this happened today…  Two different brand OPKs, same urine sample. (I had both brands handy, so thought I would compare and see what happens). The one with the blue handle definitely looks positive to me. The other one obviously isn’t. I’m going to treat it as a positive. We are trying SMEP this month, and today is CD12, so we were “scheduled” to BD tonight anyway. I guess tomorrow’s OPK results will determine if we start the every day x 3 days with SMEP or not.

Post # 988
1263 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
singingbee5 :  Sorry to hear, bee. Baby dust to you for your next cycle

Post # 989
473 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
maggielou52 :  that definitely looks like a good positive! FX for you!! Potentially silly question: what does SMEP mean? I’m still fuzzy on some acronyms- hoping to be all caught up soon. 

Post # 990
1263 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
singingbee5 :  SMEP is the “sperm meets egg plan”

essentially, you BD every other day starting on CD8, then once you get a positive OPK, you BD every day for 3 days, skip one, then BD one more time

The topic ‘December 2017 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors