December 2018 POAS – The Infertility Edition! (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 12 months ago in TTC
Post # 61
1527 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

tulipdazey :  I noticed most of us rolled over :(. That’s so odd about your overlay!! I’m gonna say you oed 2-3 days ago!!

Post # 62
3294 posts
Sugar bee

mrsalexander :  I’m sorry you are here. December really does suck, with the holidays and all.

larissakay :  Eeeeeep! I hope you get tonnes of eggs at retrieval! FX!!

Dr_dazzle :  Sorry AF arrived. And lmao at unromantic birthday sex! We might be having unromantic anniversary sex depending on when my body decides to O this cycleyell

anev :  Sorry to see you rolled over, how long does it take to get in at your fertility clinic once you have your referral?

tulipdazey :  Wow those charts are eerily similar!

AFM sitting here on CD4 post failed IVF. I have no idea how my cycle is going to look this month, so far my temp has taken a while to come back down after progesterone.

Post # 64
263 posts
Helper bee

tulipdazey :  Fair enough, definitely looks like you may have O’ed a few days ago then! 

Post # 66
2664 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I’m gonna come hang out over here but I don’t think I’ll get a chance to POAS in December, due to my long cycles and later O. No AF yet but I’m on 13DPO with a stark white BFN. 

Post # 68
2664 posts
Sugar bee

tulipdazey :  hehe. Thanks. I’m glad to have you ladies. I hope I don’t either. Maybe the swimmers started coming around now? Hopefully? 

December 6 is my consult with a new doctor to talk about septum removal. Hoping that appt goes well and we can schedule the surgery in the beginning of the year! January (or even February!) would be great. Then I can heal and we can see what the swimmers are doing when he has his urologist appt. 

Post # 69
263 posts
Helper bee

Update my Darling Husband finally got his referral for the SA. I’m happy he finally got it. I’m now taking some Chinese herbs as well as the acupuncture. It looks like I O’ed on cd15 which is earlier than usual and we had good timing with our BD. I also went for my CD 21 blood work today. I’m hoping to get the results later this week and I hope it’s good and I won’t have to go again on CD28. Sending love to all the lovely ladies on this board!

Post # 70
2664 posts
Sugar bee

AF is hereeeeeeeeee. I just don’t know whether to classify this as day 1 or tomorrow. One would think after hitting 12 months of TTC, I would be better at this. When I woke up, it was spotting only when wiping, and during the afternoon I had to change the pantiliner, and now I just changed it again. Would this be day 1…light? I seem to forget each time how much I hate these cramps, because some months have much less cramping. 

Post # 72
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

TL:DR I’m rolling over due to OHSS, freeze all cycle.

Sorry I don’t post a lot, I do read everyone’s posts but usually on my phone and for some reason it won’t let my replies be posted when I press ‘add comment’ so doing this on the computer. 

Update: started stims (fostimon) on 21st November, all went well and had a 12mm follicle on day 6 so added cetrotide. I do not like cetrotide! Scan last Friday showed a 22mm, a 19mm, an 18mm, two 17mms and lots between 12-14mm so they said that I was too high risk of OHSS due to the no. of follicles and the PCOS. They changed trigger shot to suprecur and we are having a freeze all cycle now. 

Triggered on Saturday night at 8:30 and egg collection was yesterday morning. I was in so much pain for about 4 hours before the procedure that I couldn’t wait for them to get those eggs out so the egg collection was actually better than expected. No wonder I was in pain though because they got 33 eggs. I know not all of them will be mature because of the PCOS but hoping we still get at least 7 fertilised because they have said they will freeze on day 1 if less than 7, freeze on day 3 if less than 3 make it to day 3 and then freeze on day 5 if more than 3 make it to day 3. Waiting for the phone call today so fingers crossed. 

I am still feeling pretty beat up from yesterday, my body’s default reaction to anything medical is to feel sick so I am feeling sick and I’ve got pain in my stomach and shoulder. They’ve given me heparin injections to reduce risk of thrombosis (more needles – yay) and cabergoline tablets. Hoping this is as bad as I get and I start to feel better soon.

Good luck to all of you still on to POAS this month.  

Post # 75
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

tulipdazey :  nope. CD1 today! Actually excited since I’m getting a bit more testing this month.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors