December 2018

posted 1 year ago in December 2018
Post # 2
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2018

sweetsweetdee :  Congrats!! I am a Nov 2018 bride. Its never too early to start! We booked our venue 3 weeks after he proposed. And we are lucky enough to have found a GORGEOUS all inclusive venue that includes a wedding planner! And i do mean all inclusive – The venue is a Queen Anne Victorian Manor with outdoor garden gazebo, dinner, alcohol, cake, all flowers, centerpieces, invitations (yes, invitations!) hor’dourves, DJ..everything ( we still get to choose and personalize all aspects but its a one stop shopping)

My dress has been ordered, tuxs have been ordered, minister and photographer have been booked and honeymoon has been booked… .all that was left for us to do was grab a handful of extra decor if we wanted anything to personalize or enhance the provided decorations at the venue and thats pretty much done at this point. Now I get a year to relax and slowly pay off the venue/wedding.

First thing you should do is find your venue. This will set the tone for everything else you will need to do. Im have a love hate relationship with our wedding planning. Im so glad we have a coordinator and dont have much of anything to do but attend meetings on our timeline but Im hating that all thats left is to attend meetings and the planing is pretty much done

Post # 3
78 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2018

We’re also Dec 2018. We’re doing a cruise wedding and getting married while in port in St Thomas. We booked the cruise and sent out std’s. We already know who we plan on using for our wedding planner there and will soon put down the deposit. It will be a very small intimate wedding so not much planning. Already picked the wedding colors and will start dress shopping this winter while my daughter is home for Christmas break. I already have a list and websites where I wanna order my stuff. 

Congrats

Post # 6
78 posts
Worker bee

sweetsweetdee :  Thanks! We picked peacock colors (green, teal ,blue and purple) I had another set of colors picked but kept coming back to the peacock colors lol. Since we’re not doing a big venue it will only be decorations on the beach.

Post # 8
56 posts
Worker bee

I’ll be getting married next December as well! I’ve taken care of the bigger things I care about most; we booked the the venue for ceremony/reception, our minister,  and I ordered my dress. The next thing I want to book is the photographer, but I will probably wait until January or February to book one, along with the remainng vendors.

I’ve also done little things here and there; ordered Save-The-Date Cards, have a running guest list, picked our colors, have ideas for favors/decor (but won’t purchase anything until a few months before the wedding), and created a rough wedding day timeline (although that is bound to change several times). 

Post # 10
504 posts
Busy bee

We are tossing around the idea of a Nov/Dec 2018 wedding! We still can’t decide to do it in Eastern Wa where we currently live, and his family lives… Or Western Wa where im from, and all my family lives. A winter wedding would throw some transportation issues for either side of the family trying to cross Snoqualmie Pass in the winter…

So far… Since we can’t decide where, I’ve made a ton of Pinterest boards with ideas. And started a preliminary guest list, and chosen bridal party… But haven’t asked them yet…

Post # 11
504 posts
Busy bee

Oh… And we are setting up our engagement pic session. As soon as we get our first good snow… We will be taking them at a christmas tree farm… And use them for our save the dates.

Post # 12
1073 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

I have our venue, officiant, and photographer. I have my dress and tried booking a makeup artist but she stopped responding so I haven’t done that yet.

We did our engagement session last month as I wanted autumn colours.

Post # 13
56 posts
Worker bee

sweetsweetdee :  I’ve actually had my dressed picked out for about two years and finally went to a shop to try it on after we officially got engaged to try it on and I still love it! If I hadn’t loved the dress for so long beforehand I wouldn’t have done it…but I don’t think I’m changing my mind since I’ve been in love with it for so long. Trying not to look at any though so I’m not tempted :p

Post # 15
37 posts
Newbee

PeachyPrincess :  That’s awesome! What cruise line are you doing? I almost booked with Carnival but they raised the prices–so we switched our plans. We’ll be getting married at a hotel in Orlando, FL and then with our families taking a “Family moon” on the Carnival Liberty. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors