DECEMBER 2019 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ MONTHS)

posted 2 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 32
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

ellebee116 :  FWIW, when we talked to my doctor about IUI vs IVF, he said he likes to see at least a minimum of 3M motile count for IUI to be worth trying, but prefers 5M+ so 8M sounds good to me!  FX for you!

ladyvictoria :  Yep, not sure why, but my RE specifically recommended Theralogix.  Orange burps it is I guess.  If I get through my initial bottle though I’m definitely looking at Costco.  I just starting taking it two weeks ago (so, ~3 weeks ahead of starting my retrieval cycle), wish I would have started earlier too but I guess something is better than nothing.

Post # 33
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Hey Bees, I have finally gotten around to roll call, life just got so busy for a bit. Here it goes:

Your age/partner’s age: 26/27

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 13

Current CD/DPO: 14

Usual cycle length: unknown

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): Nov 3 (most likely)

POAS/Beta day: Dec 18

Known fertility issues: PCOS, low motility

BFP plan: Letrozole, all of the vitamins

Trying anything new this month?: Nope

For Fun – Im getting him a new phone most likely. My favourite holiday movie has to be Christmas Vacation, I can relate way too much to those crazy family dynamics

Post # 34
1837 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

What does coq10 do? I think my prenatal has it but I’ve heard others mention it before. 

yeah I know one cup of coffee isn’t probably doing anything but she said it might make things worse for me since I’m constantly shifting between night and day shift. Although that’s what I use to make the transition easier! So idk. It’s kind of a touchy subject for me because I had two cups of coffee the Saturday before my fateful midwife appointment where we realized the baby had died. I remember feeling awful that Saturday night and like something was wrong, in my heart I blame the coffee and myself for what happened. Maybe two cups was just too much for the little heart to take? I don’t know. 

Post # 37
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

anev :  Thank you! I’m sorry to hear your struggles continue, but keeping my fingers crossed for you that these new referrals are fruitful. Finding that right doctor to work with you can be such a pain. 

As for me, they are trying the 2.5mg again. Difference is this cycle will be unmonitored since it worked last time. I know this is a rather low dose so I am hoping for the best but am worried that since its unmonitored if it not working it’s a wasted cycle. They are optimistic but me not so much. 

Post # 38
343 posts
Helper bee

ladyvictoria :  Good luck with your IVF cycle in January! If you have any questions, let me know for sure. 

scootersandwich :  Good luck with stims! I personally felt that they were a breeze, but I know others have trouble with them. Let me know if you have any questions. 

redroses76 :  Good luck with your hysteroscopy – hopefully the mass is just a fibroid or some other benign thing. 

Equine_Breeder :  I cut out all caffiene when we got our diagnosis last year and it was so hard. If you love it, don’t cut it out entirely. One cup a day is well within the recommened limits, or you could drink decaf. Please don’t blame yourself for your miscarriage – nothing you did caused it. 

Post # 39
3651 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

anev :  Don’t worry, I won’t! It’s not like I could have known to take it in advance. 

scootersandwich :  Before we learned how severe our male factor infertility was, our urologist had my husband on a blend of Theralogix vitamins. They seem to be a popular brand. And I agree, they have to be giving us some kind of benefits. 

Equine_Breeder :  I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope that you won’t be too hard on yourself, as I’m almost certain the caffeine did not play a role in what happened. 

heartandstars :  Thank you! AF arrived right on time this morning and I’m waiting for one of the IVF nurses to call me back so we can get the ball rolling! 

Post # 40
880 posts
Busy bee

I’m back this month too but I don’t know when my date will be. I go tomorrow to see if 7.5mg letrozole had any effect. This was my fourth round of letrozole and I really hope this dosage works! 

Post # 41
3651 posts
Sugar bee

Okay I’m back with the plan! I’m so excited even though I’m going to be on the pill for a month lol I figured things would get pushed back with the holidays but this works great with my work schedule:

• Start BCP Saturday 12/7 for 4 weeks
  • Saline sonogram, mock transfer and teach appointment Wednesday 12/18
  • Start stimming Friday 1/10
  • Tentative egg retrieval Monday 1/20
  • Plan for fresh 5-day transfer if all goes well

I know that there are no guarantees about the timeline, fresh transfer, or it being successful, but I of course had to do an IVF due date calculator! The thought of having a little one in October just makes me smile. And I’m excited to be able to keep up with my aerial fitness classes through the holidays since I don’t start stimming until January! Yay! 

Post # 42
4050 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Not sure if you remember me but I posted in the October infertility POAS. I am really sorry to hear about your struggles with your uterine lining not cooperating. I will keep my fingers crossed for you moving forward and hope you can get some answers and some solutions. anev :  

Post # 43
4050 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

@ladyvictoria: Hi bee, I posted for the first time in the October infertility boards. I am sorry to hear about you and your husband’s struggles to conceive and in the information you received regarding his infertility. This whole process takes so much out of you and I understand what you’re going through. I am here if you ever need to chat.

I meet with my RE next Monday to discuss our plan but it looks like we will be starting either IUI or IVF in January. Here’s to 2020 and hoping it’s a better year for all of us and we will have many BFPs and stickies. 

Post # 44
3651 posts
Sugar bee

Cheekie0077 :  Hi, dear! Thank you so much. Thankfully, we’re in a much better place than where we were just a couple months ago. Counseling is a wonderful tool to have in your back pocket and use as needed on this journey. While there were dark times filled with depression, anxiety, and certainty, we worked through it and feel more solid than ever. I’m not saying that we have everything figured out, but we’re in a good place.

It’s so exciting to be near the beginning of treatment. I’m glad that I’ll have the holidays as a distraction this month. And a new niece coming on 12/20. I hope that 2020 is the year for all of us too! 

Post # 45
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

heartandstars : Thank you!  So reassuring to hear that quite a few people get through stims relatively unscathed.  I’m trying to prepare for the worst but hope for the best, we’ll see.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you for your transfer, hopefully your embaby is snuggling in!

Equine_Breeder :  I have no medical training or basis for saying this, but I absolutely refuse to believe that two cups of coffee could cause (or have anything to do with) a loss.   It’s so terrible that we have to second guess so many silly little things like that, but hoping you won’t be too hard on yourself!

ladyvictoria :  Very exciting!  I’m excited to get going with stims this week, but am also a little jealous of your January schedule.  I’m anxious thinking about my multiple (literally 6) work holiday events/parties over the next two weeks while bloated, hormonal, quietly trying not to drink and to watch my diet.  And, not being able to exercise during any of that, which is always my main vice/stress reliever (btw, aerial fitness sounds awesome!).  The things we put ourselves through!  I’m sure December will fly by fast for you and then it will be go-time before you know it.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors