DECEMBER 2019 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ MONTHS)

posted 2 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 47
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Hi been lurking for a couple months but finally role calling as we hit 12 months this month.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 37/39

Baby #: 1 for me

Cycles TTC: about 

Current CD/DPO: 1

Usual cycle length: varies depending on the month

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): approx 18 Dec

POAS/Beta day: 30 Dec

Known fertility issues: PCOS

BFP plan: Clomid 100g again, temping and BD on time if Darling Husband home.

Trying anything new this month?: not at the moment but see doctor again next week.

For Fun – What are you getting your SO for Christmas this year?  AND what is your favourite holiday movie? We just got a new puppy so she is our Christmas present to each other apart from something small.

Post # 48
4050 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

anev :  I totally agree that it’s all a mindfuck. I’m so sorry you have to go through this extra BS but hopefully you can get answers and solutions soon… thinking of you. 
and yes he did FINALLY get his SA done, it looks good except for morphology was at 1% which is low but the nurse I spoke to today did say that the protocol will still prob be to go to IUI but that it’s possible it might take more times than once to work. My insurance covers and typically wants three rounds of IUI before moving onto IVF, we have a meeting with my RE on Monday 12/9 and we will have her decision and plan moving forward but it sounds like regardless I would probably start the process (whichever one) in January. I will keep you updated after the dr. Appt. thanks for asking 😊

Post # 49
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

anev :  I am in Canada too so I feel your pain on the slow wait front. I know that at my RE’s clinic the wait for IVF is over 12 months which to me blows my mind. I can’t imagine having to have been through the ringer with everything else and then waiting just to start IVF on top of all of that. So hugs to you! 

I am surprised they did 6 without monitoring! Basically we did last month monitored with confirmed ovulation, with the expectation that if this past dosage worked, it will work again. If my period does not come then next month we will up ir and be monitored. I am on month 2/4 for letrozole. If it doesnt work by month 5 we go back in for re-assessment. As for confirming ovulation myself, I have been told that the opk do not work for me because of my PCOS so I stopped using them, and in the past I have tried charting but found it extremly stressful which did more psychological harm then good. I am however tracking CM, and looking into something to make charting easier, possibly buying tempdrop.

Post # 50
3651 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

scootersandwich :  Yay for stims! I think I’ll be nervous when the time comes. Are you injecting yourself? I should probably prepare myself for potentially having to do that, but right now we’re planning on shots being my husband’s job! I’m such a baby lol I can’t imagine stimming with all of the social events that come with the holidays, but you can do it! And I love my aerial fitness classes. I love any workout that doesn’t feel like working out lol 

anev :  Wow! That’s good to know, thank you! 

Post # 52
445 posts
Helper bee

anev :  I am in Ontario. I heard our wait list is longer because of the 1 covered IVF cycle form OHIP,vcompared to other provinces. I am not sure where you are but have you thought about trying another out of province if you have to travel anyways? My GP was amazing in acknowledging that myspecific issues were out of her abilities to treat and sent me to the RE right away because she knew the long wait time. Im sorry it sounds like you had a rough start from the get go, I cannot stand when doctors do not listen to their patients requests, especially when they are completely reasonable.

Post # 53
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

anev :  I am seeing an Obgyn and not sure what the next steps are as I am in Australia but will check at my next appointment as Clomid seems to help so far with regulation but still completely working and as I am older don’t want to waste more time.

We adopted an American staff cross and she is currently 13 weeks old.

Post # 55
1837 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Thank you for your kind words! My husband has said the same thing over and over as well. You are probably right but it’s so easy to blame yourself. I haven’t stopped drinking coffee yet so far. I would just hate to cut it out and then still not get pregnant for another year and look back and be frustrated that I denied myself something for no good reason. 

Post # 56
445 posts
Helper bee

anev :  Only one clinic must be rough, I should not complain about my wait times then! I hope the clinics in TO are able to assist with your lining. Is that the main issue in regards to infertility or is it dual factor? If they are able to address your linning will you be able to concieve naturally and save on IVF? (sorry, I do not know much about these things as we aren’t there yet)

Post # 58
3651 posts
Sugar bee

anev :  I just saw your second tag from your post above and yes, I do believe this is an antagonist protocol. Neither the IVF nurse nor our RE used that terminology but I think they try to speak about IVF in plain terms so that the process is easy to understand. They don’t know how much I’ve read up on this! lol 

And I forgot that you also have an Ava bracelet. I haven’t worn mine in ages since there really wasn’t a point after getting my husband’s diagnosis, but I’m wondering if it makes sense to wear it during the IVF process at all? 

Post # 60
3651 posts
Sugar bee

anev :  I see. I don’t know if my AMH is considered high but our RE said it’s great at 6.33. I’d prefer it if my ovaries did not blow up any more than they need to lol The thought of developing OHSS really freaks me out! 

So I guess I could start back wearing my Ava bracelet after I get off the pill. I would be most interested in seeing where my temps are at post transfer. I’m curious to know how an anovulatory cycle ends. I thought I was having one but it ended up being delayed ovulation, which happened to me twice (OPKs and temps confirmed). How do you get your period if you don’t end up ovulating?  

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors