December 2020 POAS

posted 2 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 3
9 posts
Newbee

Although it’s my first time contributing I cant believe this thread is here already. Heres hoping for some BFP’s for Christmas πŸŽ… !

ROLL CALL!! πŸ™‚

Your age/ partner’s age: 31 and 36

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/ DPO: CD 2 

Ovulation Date: approx 25th Nov

POAS Date: 10th Dec

Usual Cycle Length: 28 – 30 days 

Cycles Trying: This will be 8 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, taking prenatals folic acid and vit D, using OPKs.

Trying anything new this month: Going to try the SMEP method.

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun…have any of you pre-planned how to announce BFP’s to your DH? :  I have thought about this lots but haven’t settled on anything yet. If I’m lucky enough to get a BFP before Xmas I’ll probably give him an early Xmas gift which will be my pee stick wrapped up nicely in wrapping paper, haha.

Post # 4
335 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Your age/ partner’s age: 30/38

Current Cycle Day/ DPO: CD6

Ovulation Date: around 11/18

POAS Date: around 12/2

Usual Cycle Length: 29-30

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): SMEP and taking my prenatals.

Trying anything new this month: I want to order a BBT thermometer but haven’t done that yet. Limiting my caffeine to one small cup of coffee in the morning.

Link to your chart if charting: Have not started charting yet.

For fun…have any of you pre-planned how to announce BFP’s to your DH? I don’t have anything pre-planned…but I will definitely want to get him something that he can open and find out. Like a new t-shirt or a cute baby onsie or something. Would love for this next round to be my BFP so that it can be a Christmas present. πŸ™‚

Post # 5
335 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@teaandcookies:  Good luck with the SMEP method! Last month was the first time we tried it out…pathetically enough 3 days in a row was rough on us ha! But…I’ve heard good things and it seems to me to make perfect sense that it SHOULD be the best way to go about it. So we’re going to stick with that schedule for a while and hope it is the answer!

Your POAS date is a liiitle farther into December than mine but if I am lucky enough to get my BFP this time (POAS around Dec 2nd) I know I couldn’t wait until actual Christmas to tell my husband. Do you think you’ll be able to wait from Dec 10th to Dec 24/25th to tell him?!

Post # 6
9 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@300bride:  

Thank you!  I think it will be a lot for us too but we haven’t been successful til now and I’ve heard some good things.  Will need to try and spice it up though as I’m worried DH is already starting to think he’s providing a ‘service’ and I really don’t want sex to become a chore.

Oh I definitely couldn’t hold it! I’d be lucky if I could hold it in a day, ha! I would either make it an ‘early Xmas pressie’ or just blurt it out uncontrollably… most likely the latter :).

I might try limiting caffeine like you also, I haven’t even thought to do that yet but I drink 2 to 3 cups a day so limiting to 1 to 2 won’t hurt! 

Post # 7
335 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@teaandcookies:  Yeah – I’m not always the best at limiting my caffeine. It’s more right around ovulation and the two week wait I’m thinking. I thought about it during my last two week wait for some reason and decided I should drop back a bit. The second my period hit though I let myself have all the coffee that day ha!

I’d really like it to be around Christmas that I could use the “early gift” plan because I feel like if I handed him some type of present on a COMPLETELY random day that he would know right away what it was going to be.

And I know what you mean about the “service” aspect of it. I don’t talk to him about the ovulation testing or when I get a positive or not. I mean he knows that I have been using them…but I just initiate when it’s the right days and he’s none the wiser about it and is just happy with my initiation haha. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 8
390 posts
Helper bee

Woohoo! Rolling over today and glad to see a new board ready to go.

Your age/ partner’s age: 32/34

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/ DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: November 27 (CD18—though this cycle I ovualted three days earlier, so we’ll see)

POAS Date: December 7 (but may shift if my O changes)

Usual Cycle Length: 30/31 days

Cycles Trying: 4 (but 5 months—one skipped after miscarriage)

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD up through FW (though DH wants to scale back from every day to every other day), Ava, Ritual, and I’m thinking of adding vitex. This was in my prenatal when I got pregnant with my daughter, and I wasn’t aware of the supplement at that time. I’ve switched prenatals since then, but thinking perhaps it’s worth re-incorporating.

Trying anything new this month: Trying to be a bit more chill about POAS. I drove myself crazy with line eye the past two cycles, and I need to cool off a bit and relax.

For fun…have any of you pre-planned how to announce BFP’s to your DH? With our daughter, I gave him his morning coffee in a mug that said Big Daddy. He thought it was just an homage to the Adam Sandler movie at first, haha. This go around, no big plans. Just hoping to show him a stick with two pink lines. 

Post # 10
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2017 - Los Angeles, CA

Here’s hoping we get BFPs in time for Christmas! 

Your age/ partner’s age: 33/34

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/ DPO: CD9

Ovulation Date: Predicted November 18th 

POAS Date: RE wants me to hold off POAS until CD35 (Dec 6th) but I’ll probably be POAS Dec 1st! 

Usual Cycle Length: Has been all over the map since TTC between 26-34 days

Cycles Trying: 6 cycles before abnormal Morphology SA, DH since made lifestyle changes that brought morphology back to normal range and officially 6 cycles with no infertility factors. 2nd cycle medicated (unmonitored except CD21 progesterone test) on Femara.  

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Femara 2.5mg CD3-7, BD EOD from CD6 (day after AF), prenatals, OPKs, DH is continuing his supplements & Preseed

Trying anything new this month: Cut out coffee (I miss it so much! πŸ₯Ί)

For fun…have any of you pre-planned how to announce BFP’s to your DH? : I have so many cute ideas because I was “robbed” with my first pregnancy. DH knew before I did (massive mood swing that he claims convinced him I wasn’t myself (teehee) and when I crept out of bed in the middle of the night and went to POAS, he was right behind me! πŸ™„). So I’d like to surprise him this time. Baby dust to us all! 

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  vintagebee17. Reason: Typo
Post # 10
9 posts
Newbee

So, I just received a voice message from my doctor. (If youve seen my other thread you’ll see I’ve had various bloods done already but only recently got tested for PCOS). Message say bloods show ‘slightly elevated androgen levels’ and they want to run the test again. OBViously I then consult google and yhis basically means PCOS, weird cuz I don’t have any of the normal PCOS symptoms.

Worried πŸ™ 

Will call back tomorrow and hopefully get some more detail. 

Post # 13
9 posts
Newbee

Loving the Christmas calendar!

Post # 14
1685 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

ROLL CALL!!

Your age/ partner’s age: 33/30

Baby #: 3 for me, 1 for him

Current Cycle Day/ DPO: CD4

Ovulation Date: 11/21 or 11/22

POAS Date: 12/2

Usual Cycle Length: 28ish (27-29) 

Cycles Trying: IUI number 3 (with 3-4 months of RE appts before IUI #1 and a cycle off in the middle because I needed a break. 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): . 2.5 letrozole CD 5-9, HSG CD 10, follicle check CD 12. Trigger CD 12-13 IUI CD 14ish. Prenatals, CoQ10, fertilitea, pineapple core, warm socks, yoga, bbt, fertility friend tracking, cheap opks and clear blue advanced opk. And peeing on all the sticks. 

Trying anything new this month: I’m finally getting my hsg. Otherwise everything timing and folliclewise was great last cycle so we are looking for a repeat. 

Link to your chart if charting: will link later

For fun…have any of you pre-planned how to announce BFP’s to your DH? : 

I have a cute onesie, blanket and hat in his college colors to give him… but honestly it probably won’t be much of a surprise. He likes to check on my temps and knows I test out my trigger and likes to ask how it looks. 

Post # 15
35 posts
Newbee

ROLL CALL!! πŸ™‚

Your age/ partner’s age: 25/26

Current Cycle Day/ DPO: CD 7

Ovulation Date: predicted to be anywhere from 11/15-11/21. It’s only my second cycle off of birth control so still figuring it out.

POAS Date: 12/1

Usual Cycle Length: last cycle was 24 days, we’ll see what this month brings 🀷🏻‍♀️

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BBT charting, OPK, BD timing, prenatals, CM tracking

Trying anything new this month: trying to be better about drinking water regularly (I’m chronically dehydrated) and making more of an effort to eat 3 balanced meals each day. I also got an actual basal body thermometer this month bc my temps followed no clear pattern last month so I’m hoping a better thermometer helps! 🀞🏻

For fun…have any of you pre-planned how to announce BFP’s to your DH? : my husband is a huge cyclist and will be completing his first Ironman next year. I bought an infant cycling hat last month that I plan to use to tell him whenever we get pregnant!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors