December 2020 POAS

posted 4 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 31
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

My husband got his SA results back today, he wasn’t able to speak with the dr directly at the time, but the nurse shared the notes he gave her. Apparently he has plenty of swimmers, but they aren’t very strong, so they’re prescribing him something and he’ll have to get checked out again in 3 months.

He’s pretty upset about it, becasue he’s not unhealthy by any means. I’m a bit shocked and trying to decide if I should just count myself out now. 

Post # 32
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2020

View original reply
@beeinghopeful:  I’m so sorry to hear that. If I were you, I wouldn’t consider myself out for this month. It is hard to evaluate your chances without having spoken to the dr. directly. 

Post # 34
138 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@northlyk: 

He was able to pick up a copy of his results.

Volume: 4.0 mL

Count: 52.5 million/mL

Motility: 79%

Morphology•

Normal:    0.5%

Abnormal:  99.5%

I had my annual yesterday, so I talked to my dr about it and she didn’t make it seem like we had much of a chance this time. I had to do everything I could not to start crying in front of her.

Post # 35
138 posts
Blushing bee

Plus my cart doesn’t look great so far.

Post # 36
1687 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

View original reply
@ohmyitskristi:  I’ve been lurking here because my chart is garbage and I fully expect to roll call next week, so I’m pretty sure that I’m going to technically break hostess luck before you. 

View original reply
@beeinghopeful:  not to provide false hope (it’s all such a crapshoot), but it’s pretty common to have a temp drop around 4 or 5 DPO. Something to do with rapidly changing hormones. If that’s the reason, it’ll spike right back up tomorrow. 

Post # 37
137 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@beeinghopeful:  So my husband has 2% normal morphology but also very good count / motility. I spoke to a highly recommended RE about it, and he said that morphology ratings are actually very subjective and can vary from andrologist to andrologist. He said when he worked at a large clinic, two of the four andrologists always gave lower ratings than the others.  I’m doing IUI right now (also for my PCOS), and the RE said if I am not pregnant by 6 cycles there might actually be an morphology issue, but its hard to tell before I try for more cycles. I was annovulatory before so I didn’t have any attempts before IUI. 

Another thing is that the quality of the sample can really vary from samplel to sample. So I’d ask your doctor to do a 2nd analysis on your husband to confirm. 

Good luck! 

Post # 38
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Poulsbo, WA

Hi guys! Joining the December board!

Your age/partner’s age: Both 31

Current cycle day: CD1

Ovulation date: Dec. 4th-5th

POAS date: Dec. 15th

Usual cycle length: Typically 28-29 but just finished a 26-day cycle

Cycles trying: This will be cycle 3

BFP plan: I have trouble temping consistently (poor sleep some nights, varying work schedule) so I’ll do that if I feel up to it but not going to put too much stock into it. I plan to do OPKs again, monitor CM, and time BD.

Trying anything new this month: We will try SMEP for the first time. The past two cycles trying we have managed to hit O-5, O-3, and day of O but I think we need to have some more frequent action right before O day. Hoping it will work!

For fun…have any of you pre-planned how to announce BFP’s to your DH? : We have a standard poodle and he is the light of our life. Right now our life kind of revolves around him and he’s just the best. I ordered a onesie from Etsy that has a poodle face and says “my big brother is a poodle” on it. If I get a BFP sometime between the 15th-20th, I plan to give it to him as a Christmas present. If we roll over to January, the timing would be right to give it to him as a birthday present.

Post # 39
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2017 - Los Angeles, CA

View original reply
@northlyk:  I am remaining hopeful but telling myself I can’t even decide if I will even POAS until my CD21 progesterone test, which is in the morning (eeeeek!) I think if it’s a good result, the urge to POAS is going to ramp up big time! Actually, Dec 1st will be 16DPO. Thanks for the info on the ml/u, I’m going to be freaking out on 13/14DPO itching to test.. but I dont know what ml/u the tests I have are, going to google them now!

Post # 40
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2017 - Los Angeles, CA

View original reply
@beeinghopeful:  Dont count yourself out. Looks like morphology is the major issue, I know everything you google says it’s not possible without IUI or IVF with low morphology but I agree that it is subjective. SA results are effected by stress, diet, etc. My hubby had 3% morphology, changed a couple things and then had 6% 3 months later. However,  I have heard dozens of stories of success with 1% morph. My RE told us, it’s not impossible, just might take longer. Don’t lose hope but also start reading up on trying to improve it to improve chances. Good Luck! 

Post # 42
136 posts
Blushing bee

Your age/ partner’s age: 31/30

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/ DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: around 12 December

POAS Date: Christmas Eve! Kinda hoping I ovulate early because POAS has been really tough for me mentally this month, and the thought of doing it on Christmas Eve is a bit of a bummer!

Usual Cycle Length: 31ish days

Cycles Trying: this will be cycle 4

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): OPKs and BD timing

Trying anything new this month: going to try taking vitamin b6 – I’ve noticed since we started TTC that I’ve been spotting from around 7/8dpo every cycle, which obviously isn’t ideal. I’ve read some positive things about b6 to reduce spotting and lengthen luteal phase, so I plan to give it a try. Does anyone here have experience with that?

Link to your chart if charting: I’ve actually decided to take a break from temping this month. I don’t think it’s good for my mental health, and I tend to get a few days of very strong OPKs, so it would be hard to miss the surge. I’m willing to take a chance without the temping if it helps me feel more balanced, and less anxious!

For fun…have any of you pre-planned how to announce BFP’s to your DH? : up until now, we’ve both been WFH, so I would’ve probably just cried and showed him the stick! But this month he’s starting a new job and will be out of the house by the time I wake up. So I better give some thought to how I’d tell him when he gets home from work!

Post # 42
1682 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@ohmyitskristi:  sorry to hear that. Waiting to ovulate  is so draining. Could they give you another dose of letrozole?

Post # 43
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2018

ROLL CALL!! 🙂

Your age/ partner’s age: 30/26

Current Cycle Day/ DPO:cd2

Ovulation Date:12/11 projected

POAS Date: 12/23

Usual Cycle Length: 33-36 since off pill

Cycles Trying: this is 3

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): charting, hopefully good timing, prenatal, cm and cervix position/feel

Trying anything new this month: co q10

Link to your chart if charting: no link

For fun…have any of you pre-planned how to announce BFP’s to your DH? : just tell him

Post # 44
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2019

ROLL CALL

Your age/your partner’s age: 32/36

Current cycle day/DPO: 2

Ovulation Date: 12/5

POAS Date: 12/18

Usual cycle lenght: 28 days

Cycles trying: this is our fifth

BFP Plan: prenatal vitamins, BD timing, opks

Trying anything new: It’s technically our second cycle using opks, but I don’t think I used them correctly last time. Hoping for a clearer positive on them this cycle. 

Link to chart: n/a

For fun: I’ll probably just tell him. I have no chill, and neither of us are very frilly. 

Post # 45
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Your age/ partner’s age: 27/29

Current Cycle Day/ DPO: cd 24

Ovulation Date: either today or tomorrow! 11/22 or 11/23

POAS Date: 12/5

Usual Cycle Length: I’m all over the place right now 🙂

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): charting! Prenatals and paying attention to cm. I’ve noticed I get ewcm a couple of days before my LH surge  

Trying anything new this month: charting 

Link to your chart if charting: I’m a horrible sleeper so my chart is quite the trip. I might share it if it starts looking decent  

For fun…have any of you pre-planned how to announce BFP’s to your DH? : I’m not sure! I figured I’d cross that bridge when I get there lol. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors