(Closed) December 5, 2009

posted 9 years ago in December 2009
Post # 3
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Yes! I am getting married Dec 5 09 too:) I’m incredibly corny and am obsessed with Christmas, so yes we will be having a Christmas theme. I haven’t decided definitely on my dresses yet, but I think a dark green/emerald green, with gold accents. What about you?

Post # 4
17 posts
Newbee

ME TOO!! We are either having a private ceremony in town or on a beach in the carribean BUT we are having the reception on 12 5 09!!

I am doing a Christmas theme but I am sticking to traditional ‘wedding’ colors.  White – cream – gold – silver – NO RED NO GREEN

I will have a Christmas tree in the reception room at the hotel decorated with white lights and white and gold ornaments. The flowers will be all white and I plan to have a lot of candles.

I am giving my guests Christmas stocking delivered to their hotel rooms instead of a gift bag/basket.  There are white felt with silver sparkles.  I purchases these this year at the dollar tree.  I am going to fill it with 2 gingerbread people (bride and groom) , cider, water bottle, chex mix, etc.

have you guys picked out your dresses?

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2012

ME too!

Post # 7
312 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

i’m getting married december 18. exactly one week before christmas, but no christmas theme. i’m definitely a christmas junkie, but i have a different vision for my wedding.

Post # 8
3 posts
Wannabee

I am getting married on December 5th, 2009 as well!  I love Christmas so I am doing a Christmas theme.  We picked out black bridesmaid dresses, strapless and floor length, with a wine sash.  The wine is a deep red.  The wedding will be in Connecticut so they will not be sitting in the sun in black.  I think my colors in the reception hall will be gold and deep red.  I went to the reception place this past December and they decorated with more gold than silver.  Even though, I am more of a silver girl, I don’t want to clash with their decorations.  ALSO – I love the stocking idea! 🙂  I already bought Christmas / winter gift bags for the hotel.  What do you think about little Christmas stocking being the place cards, and then the favors can be something edible inside?  So I would write the guest name and table number on the stocking.  I have also seen ornament favors with place cards in the top wire.  It was very cute!

Post # 9
1379 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

My cousin is getting married on 12.5.09 — and I’m one of her bridesmaids — I am so excited to help her out while we plan our weddings together. I don’t think she is doing a Christmas theme but it looks like you guys all have wonderful ideas!  Have fun planning!

Post # 10
11 posts
Newbee

janieleigh–I’m also getting married on the 18th! How far along are you in your planning?

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2008

Hi!  I got married on December 6, 2008.  We did a winterwonderland/Christmas wedding.  It came out really nice.  My bridesmaids wore cherry red gowns and carried gorgeous bouquets of different red roses with holly and greens.   They also all wore faux fur white jackets.  I bought the material for the jackets and had my seamstress make them for the girls.  They all loved them!   All of my other flowers were white with silver accents.  My centerpieces were all white flowers with silver branches coming out the top and ice and Christmas ornaments mixed in.  They were in big vases that were either clear, filled with "ice" or white christmas balls.  I named each table after a Christmas carol or Christmas themed word.  My place card holders were sparkly white Christmas balls with snowflakes on them.  We had a snowflake ice sculpture as well.  The cake was all white with gorgeous white roses all over the cake. For favors, my husband and I made Christmas CD’s that we put in gorgeous white velvet bags.  (I found them online for a good price.)  I wore a full ballgown with cathedral train and a faux fur white jacket.   We had a signature peppermint drink at the reception and a hot chocolate bar and hot espresso bar with dessert.  We also had chocolate liquors and chocolate shotglasses. It snowed on the day of our wedding which added extra romance!  Let me know if you want to see pictures for ideas.  Good luck! 

Post # 12
312 posts
Helper bee

@areemess: i’m actually getting married on the 19th now due to a conflict with the venue. i’m not too far in the planning though, unfortunately. the date has changed like 10 times so its hard to nail anything down. i have the church definitely and reception venue tentatively. i have my dress and colors picked out, but that’s where it ends. what about you? how far along are you?

Post # 13
11 posts
Newbee

janieleigh–I don’t think I realized that you’re also in VA! Which venue did you choose for your reception? I have the ceremony and reception location (same place), photographer and I just got my dress on Monday. I am trying to get my bridesmaids’ dresses knocked out next… I want to do a really dark purple.

Post # 14
312 posts
Helper bee

i live in southeastern virginia, chesapeake to be exact. my first venue was the hermitage in norfolk, which is beautiful, but my wedding moved from may to december so it no longer worked. then we decided on the granby theater, but now i think we’re definitely decided on the town point club. it’s a members only club in the world trade center. where are you in virginia? where are you getting married? also, i LOVE purple. i’m sort of obsessed with it right now.

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi!  We’re getting married on December 5,2009 as well!  It has been such fun to read all of your ideas!  We aren’t doing a Christmas theme but definately incorporating christmas elements.  My fiance proposed around Christmas because he knows how much I love the season!  I got a lot of stuff on sale after last christmas so we are putting up fake christmas trees and lots of candles.  The colors will be purple and green…Our wedding will be in NY.

Post # 16
156 posts
Blushing bee

Hello fellow December brides-to-be!

I am getting married on December 19th.  I am not doing anything Christmas related.  I think it takes too much work to pull off a classy Christmas wedding without it coming off as a cheesy affair.  Plus, I will be getting married in TX – definitely not your typical winter wonderland! Some of you seem to have some great ideas though!  Good luck!

I am going for a formal black and white look with a few dark pink accents.  I will also be incorporating some damask items as well (table squares, save the dates, invites, guest book, etc).  I’ve found some really great damask items if anyone is interested, I’d love to share.

P.S. we also got enaged just before Christmas at the national Christmas tree display in front of the White House.  He proposed in front of the TX tree, of course!

Happy Planning!

The topic ‘December 5, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors