(Closed) DECEMBER POAS

posted 8 years ago in TTC
  • poll: What is your favorite holiday movie?
    Elf : (35 votes)
    24 %
    A Christmas Story : (16 votes)
    11 %
    Miracle on 34th St. : (10 votes)
    7 %
    White Christmas : (7 votes)
    5 %
    It's a Wonderful Life : (10 votes)
    7 %
    Home Alone : (31 votes)
    22 %
    Holiday Inn : (2 votes)
    1 %
    How The Grinch Stole Christmas : (22 votes)
    15 %
    Christmas Vacation : (11 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 227
    Hostess
    7103 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

@CocoLoco523: Hoping you get your Christmas surprise ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 228
    408 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Hi ladies,

I have irreglar cycles so I was waiting to O before I did my roll call. Pretty sure I finally ovulated 3 days ago though, so here goes my Dec roll call …

Roll call

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD23/3DPO

Ovulation Date/fertile window: Nov 27

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: FF is suggesting Dec 11 as my POAS date (although I will likely test a day or two earlier, since I have an important party to go to on Dec 10th and will want to know if I can have a glass of wine or two)

Cycles Trying: This will be our 3rd

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, temping/charting, lots of BDing

Link to Chart, if any

and for fun –

What would you REALLY, REALLY love for a holiday gift (other than the obvious BFP of course…) ?  There isn’t anything big I want for christmas this year … The thing that would truly make me happiest would be to give my parents an xmas gift telling them I was pregnant!

Post # 229
    3847 posts
    Honey bee

Alright needing some advice here….I have been taking multivitamins (women’s one a day chewies) in preparation for TTC, but I was doing a little research and found a bit of info on vitamin B6 and how it can lengthen your cycle. My cycles are irregular and LONG, so I definitely don’t want to lengthen them. I did have the longest cycle I’ve ever had last month, at 48 days, and I’m wondering if it’s because of the vitamins. It’s possible that it was just because it was out first month truly TTC and I might have stressed myself out, but I don’t really know because it was also the first month that I was consistently taking the vitamins. I am wondering if I’m better off not taking them anymore…

Post # 230
    1477 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@CocoLoco523:  FF has moved my POAS date to December 15 (if I truly did ovulate when they think… my crosshairs are dotted and my temp was weird today, so I’m not sure) – can you please move me back? Thanks!

Post # 231
    486 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

@littlebee3:  

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  Thank you ladies… Unfortunately all the signs were right and AF showed up today… At least I dealt with most of the sadness yesterday. Now will look forward to ovulating on time and POAS ing on December 25th! 

Anyone else taking evening primrose oil? I’ve taken it the last few cycles and am trying to figure out if I should keep taking it. 

Post # 232
    3154 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

@BalticBee:  Sorry about AF:( I took EPO before each of my two pregnancies. I’d take them until the end of my fertile window, then stop- if I got a bfp, I didn’t take them again (until after 37 weeks pregnant) and if it was a bfn, I’d taken them again until end of fertile window..repeat! It worked for me (or at least it didn’t have a negative effect!). FX for you!! 

Post # 234
    549 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Ok all you opkers. I need your opinion. I’m not sure what the positive is really supposed to look like.   Here is my picture for the last 6 days.  According to my ovulation calendar my FW is Nov 28 to Dec 2

Sorry its so huge!!!

Post # 235
    931 posts
    Busy bee

Sigh. Feeling very discouraged today. Not feeling like this month is “our month”. Last week, I was positive that it was. It’s such a rollercoaster. Today is 8dpo. I used a wondfo pregnancy test and it was BFN. I know they arent that sensitive so deep down I know it was really silly to be testing anyways. Sigh. Just wish I was one of those women who had early symptoms. haha. Will keep everyone updated ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 236
    164 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Brand new to this. Thinking it might be nice to have some place to talk about all this.

ROLL CALL

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 8 DPO

Ovulation Date/fertile window: 11/22

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: Dec. 6th/30 days

Cycles Trying: 1st

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): BD week before ovulation. Prenatals.

Link to Chart, if any

and for fun –

What would you REALLY, REALLY love for a holiday gift (other than the obvious BFP of course…) ? 

Honestly, we need so much stuff for our home, such as a new couch, tv, etc and I am hoping to be able to pick some of that out together over the next month.

Post # 237
    931 posts
    Busy bee

@NinjaDuck:  Welcome!! We are cycle twins ๐Ÿ™‚ I am 8dpo today too!!

Post # 238
    164 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@IUrebekah3RT:  Awesome! I am dying over here. I used a cheapie to test this morning even though I knew there was almost no chance of it showing pregnancy. 

If we don’t get pregnant this month, we are skipping Dec/Jan and possibly Feb because I am in my best friends wedding at the beginning of Oct. I am super hoping it works this works! Lol

Post # 239
    1684 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

@MrsFireChief:  The first three all look like they *could* be positive, test line looks equal to the control line, but you were still in your first week of your cycle then right? LH can fluctuate before and during AF. I’d bet you will O later, especially since you had that 34 day cycle last time, it wouldn’t be too odd to have a later O. Keep testing and you should get another surge soon.

Post # 240
    429 posts
    Helper bee

Holy shitballs. 8-10 dpo, tested in the late afternoon. No remarkable symptoms, just a faint boob twinge, SUPER mild-almost-nothing cramping, restless sleep. Sorry for the blurry pic, but I don’t think this is in the squinter category. I have no idea what part of my brain compelled me to test. 

Our dog is sick right now so we are not really processing this. I had a false positive or CP five years ago, so DH has that in mind. Probably won’t believe it for a few days! He is a man of science and it takes a lot more data to get him excited. Ha! So yeah.

Post # 241
    Hostess
    7941 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

@BalticBee:  Bummer! Sorry hun. Fingers crossed for Christmas!

View original reply
    @MrsFireChief:  Based on the photos it looks like you have a couple almost positive but not an actual positive.  The test line is slightly lighter from what I can see. 

View original reply
    @kenziemt:  Congrats momma! Here’s to a healthy nine months. 

The topic ‘DECEMBER POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors