(Closed) Deciding between 2 venues but need to make a 2nd payment soon…help?

posted 7 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
4350 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@MrsCreeToBe:  If I were the venue I would tack on a giant late fee. I would read your contract.

Post # 5
6350 posts
Bee Keeper

Honestly, I’d tell venue A that you’re undecided.

Post # 6
1006 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

It can’t hurt to ask them. Tell them you are undecided and could you wait until the bridal showcase and have a couple days to think it over after that. It’s just 2 days

Post # 7
1829 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I would just stick with the venue you booked, you will not get the deposit back, unless it was $100 it would be a total waste of your wedding budget.

Post # 8
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Is it possible to get in to Venue B before the 16th? And then you can drop off your second payment to Venue A and see it again before you hand over the money?


Post # 9
7172 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I would call venue A, talk to someone with decision making power, and asks for an extension til the 19th.  If they refuse, then you have a different decision to make… but, my guess is they will extend you the weekend.

Post # 10
2692 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Call them and ask them you can make the payment a little late.  I did that.  My venue required 50% down but I had only 25% at the time and they were fine with that.  I paid the other 25% at a later date on my own with no pressure or anything from my venue. However, my venue is not your typical venue (I am just renting the space…maybe it would have been different if I went with their all inlcusive package).

The topic ‘Deciding between 2 venues but need to make a 2nd payment soon…help?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors