- 9 years ago
We finally picked out where we want our reception and I’ve been pretty set on having long tables for awhile now because I’ve been so inspired by photos. Anyway, the venue is a large barn loft with rafters (pre-lined with large bulbed christmas lights). I am a creative person and so many things pop into my head that i can do with those rafters! But I’ll be hanging the kitchen sink by the time the wedding comes. Basically, I have too many ideas. I’ll list very generally some of the ideas I’ve had but I’d LOVE to see some pictures that other brides have come across. I’m looking for things to go above the tables in a line and other things to hand in the dance floor part (that is vaulted higher).
• Wrap garlands around rafters above tables
• Hang vertical strands of twinkle lights in dance area
• Tissue balls or lanterns hung over tables
• Small vases hung with ribbon, either above tables or randomly in high rafters above dance floor.
• Vertical strands of garlands hanging straight down over tables
• hanging upside down parasols from the ceiling with lights in them (over tables)
• hanging lanterns at varying heights in the rafters of the dance floor
• White swags, draped behind the tables every so many feet
• Many hanging branches (our theme includes japanese cherry blossoms) (expensive)
• Many strands of beads/crystals hanging vertically over the tables at different heights
Ok… so that’s just a few! So many rushing in my head! I really wanted this to look more contemporary and streamlined, so I don’t want it to be too much, too crowded. And I’m guessing that if I have long decor hanging over the tables I will have to shorten a couple of my centerpieces so it’s not too cramped in the space.
Thanks for any ideas! 🙂