(Closed) Delaying Job Offer? (Long)

posted 7 years ago in Career
Post # 3
798 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

OH man, that sounds super-tough!  And you’re right, after what you’ve been through it is kinda nice to have this problem. 

I really have no advice other than to hope that all 3 offer you the job on the same day!!!


Good luck!

Post # 4
492 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

If you are offered a job, tell them that you are thrilled but that you would like some time to consider the offer. Get in touch with the other companies and say you are very excited in their positions but that another company has made you an offer, so can they please let you know (a) if you are still in consideration, and (b) if yes, if a decision can be accelerated. These are all professional things to say, so don’t stress over it too much!

Post # 5
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I JUST went through this.

Last Friday, my #1 choice offered me a job but didn’t send an offer letter. On Monday, my #2 choice offered me a job and DID send a letter. I told job #2 I’d need some time to consider the offer, then asked #1 to please have HR contact me so I’d have something concrete before declining the other position. Once HR contacted me and assured me that the letter was in the works and would be out that afternoon, I felt confident telling my #2 choice that I had decided to go in a different direction.

Don’t let an employer pressure you into making an on-the-spot decision. A professional organization will give you two or three days.

Post # 6
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@philabride2bee said exactly what I was going to say. This is a completely normal thing for companies to hear and is not unprofessional in the slightest. Good luck!

Post # 8
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

my Fiance just went through something similar. he had to tell some of the companies that they’ll need to wait for his response becasue he has other interviews.

the result? it made one company nervous and they upped their offer!

as for the small company thing: personally, I’ve only worked for small companies and I love them. however, for my past employers: one company went out of business, one is struggling, and one got bought out and the local office ended up closing as a result. this all happened after I left them, but still– small companies are less stable.

The topic ‘Delaying Job Offer? (Long)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors