(Closed) Demanding Parents want to Invite their friends

posted 8 years ago in Family
  • poll: Do you let parents invite their friends?
    Let groom's parents invite their friends : (24 votes)
    44 %
    Stand firm and do not let groom's parents invite their friends : (31 votes)
    56 %
  • Post # 19
    6593 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@badabing88:  Ditto.  We chose not to take any money from any of the parents so we would have total control over our wedding.

Post # 23
    354 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

I say that you should let his parents invite their friends if they are paying for them. But, I also think it’s disrespectful for the groom’s real dad and uncle to be uninvited to the wedding. Those are the two guests that probably deserve to attend more than the parent’s friends.

Post # 25
    2247 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

@bridepen:  if he’s willing to pay for their plates, why not? My dad is inviting 40 friends, mom has about 15 and FI’s parents are inviting about 30 friends, our siblings get friend invites as well. In my opinion the reception is a celebration that we want everyone to have fun and attend. I would invite the uncle and cousins too though, if you Fiance is close to them. If they are paying for your honeymoon you should let them invite whoever they want.

Post # 27
    297 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

If he had asked nicely I would have said invite them. But I feel like caving to his demands might bring more demands in the future, so I would say don’t invite them (unless he comes back and apologizes and asks nicely, which seems very unlikely)

Post # 31
    2721 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

@bridepen:  Tell him he can shove the honeymoon and do your wedding the way you want it.  I don’t accept gifts from people that they will just use to hold over my head.

The topic ‘Demanding Parents want to Invite their friends’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors